EDF Customer services

Options

Comments

• TwittersPVFC
    Options
    It's never taken me more than 20 minutes get through. I must be a lucky one.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    You think 20 minutes to get through is acceptable and you were 'lucky'?? :eek: Good god, no wonder we get the service we deserve in this country.
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think the customer service of all these companies is total rubbish and I wouldn't let that stop me from getting the cheapest deal or the best cashback.
  • shappers82
    Options
    I phoned on Friday night, and didnt even end up in a queue, was answered straight away. I cant think of a time when I have called and I have had to wait long, and I normally find their service very good.
  • Repeat3Times
    Options
    Yet again, my EDF online account is down for "planned maintenance". I've never known a reputable company that needs to devote so much work to their website, especially during daylight hours during the weekend. I'm guessing that telephone support will be equally disabled for now - not very professional.
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why do you need it so urgently?
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2011 at 11:18PM
    Options
    Like I said in the other thread, it's not that anyone desperately needs it urgently, it's just that the fact it's not working (added to all the other silly annoyances in our mass MSE switch, lol), the whole scenario doesn't exactly fill one with a sense of assurance that the EDF experience will be a wholly pleasurable and trouble-free one. I mean, if they can't be arsed to sort Craig David's account out, what chance have plebs like us got? :D
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We moved from Powergen to EDF when it was still London Electric (or something, can't remember now.) The tariff was cheaper, the billing much clearer, and oh boy, that customer service: absolutely brilliant, a UK-based service rather than somewhere out in India, with instant response and fabulous staff. But then. . .

Remorselessly, or so it seemed, EDF's prices began to rise. However, every other supplier was doing the same. And the main thing was, EDF customer service was still outstanding. We only had reason to ring 'em two or three times and never queued for more than two or three minutes. But then. . .

From late 2009 onwards, the bills kept going up but now, the customer service started going down. Our dual fuel account was managed online but "maintenance days" seemed to come thick and fast. And then billing queries started cropping up that couldn't be resolved online and made it necessary to ring up.

At which point, frustration increased, because now there were phone problems as well as website difficulties: it was impossible to get through without enduring a lo-nn-g hold and an endless loop music tape.

We finally quit EDF last September, as much because of prices that had risen as because of customer service that had diminished. I did wonder if it was just our experience, but this thread suggests otherwise.

One might've thought that in order to maintain a competitive advantage, energy suppliers would regard good customer service as vital. But apparently not.
  • Repeat3Times
    Options
    It's oddly reassuring to know that it isn't just my experience, PhylPho. I did wonder whether it was just extreme coincidence that maintenance days occurred so often at the times when I wanted to contact EDF. Even today, with everything supposedly restored, it was a struggle negotiating the obstacle course that is the automated telephony system.

The advisers I've spoken to have been helpful and polite, even apologetic when I've told them about the lengthy waits and the fragile system that necessitates numerous redials. I suspect they know very well that they don't have the tools for the job that they are asked to do.

May I ask who you went to, PhylPho? Is your customer service experience better?
  • ellie3009_2
    Options
    I am on hold to them right now.
    53 minutes so far. Starting to wonder what happens when their lines close at 8pm. If I get cut off after 1hr 20 mins on hold I am going to be seriously angry.

I am wishing I hadn't switched, they seem to have messed it all up, and the stupid online account thing won't let me do anything and has different details to the letter they sent me so I have to call them.

Southern electric were more expensive but I never wasted an hour waiting for them to answer the phone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport