Nibe Fighter 360p ashp costing me loads to run

Options

Comments

• ra200
    ra200 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    There is no way I am going to let this drop until the Nibe problems are sorted time to sign up to facebook and twitter and and tell everyone about the problems with the Nibe units and they way we have been treated by our landlord and some of their contractors as melin are doing nothing about it,
  • ra200
    Options
    I have now given melin homes until the end of the day to sort this all out or I will sign up to the nibe facebook group and put it on twitter as it is beyond a joke now and let the whole of Torfaen and Monmouthshire know, They have had enough letters and telephone calls , The only way to sort this is install another boiler or move us as the Nibe is not up to the job and expensive to run,
  • lovesfarmbpha
    Options
    micalul solar did they install the NIBE boiler into your home...I cannot find them on the MCS website ...to abide by the decent homes act they must be MCS accredited...you can find out which companies are accredited by visiting the MCS microgeneration certification scheme,web>consumers>installers>area....
  • ra200
    edited 6 October 2011 at 7:16PM
    Options
    Well today Melin could not be bothered to call me back I have been waiting all day again for a phone call but nothing two weeks now since i called for a update and there are just blanking us out and ignoring us now, We was lied to before we moved here i was told it was eco friendly and cheap to run so we was miss sold the tenancy melin and they still refuse to move us,

Micaul solar did not install it they are a bunch of cowboys melin send to mess with the nibe and they said myself and my family had been messing with the nibe to make high bills and could not be bothered to reply to my complaints letter the company who installed it are Greenhill construction they are on the database http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/mcs-consumer/installer-profile.php?ID=82031 my nibe is installed correct but we have lack of heat upstairs and also high bills and it is noisy

micalul solar did they install the NIBE boiler into your home...I cannot find them on the MCS website ...to abide by the decent homes act they must be MCS accredited...you can find out which companies are accredited by visiting the MCS microgeneration certification scheme,web>consumers>installers>area....
  • lovesfarmbpha
    Options
    Hi Ra..
    When were NIBE boilers put in to your home?
    The MCS website says the were given the cert in 18/11/2010...
    Call MCS and ask them if they are accredited to install exhaust air heat pumps...
    Call Nibe UK and ask if they have been trained to install the systems...we found our installer had not....
    If your happy with the installation ask MCS that you wouldlike to complain about the installer or the NIBE 360p.
    An accreditation company will have given them a cert and they will have to investigate your issues.....
    Personally I think if we all complain to the accreditors about the NIBE 360 p product we may get it removed from the MCS certs...
    Slowly slowly catchey monkey....
  • ra200
    Options
    So if it gets removed from the mcs that would mean these houses have no planning permission and would not reach code level 3 I will have to have a chat with the Torfaen planning department about this. I will contact the mcs what is the best telephone number to contact them on is it on their website?,

Also feel free to contact me in private on pm also I will sign up to facebook,

I Had a email from Melin homes ceo and looking at the email melin do not care and will not fix these problems we are getting messed about,

We moved here in Jan 2010 I think the nibe was installed in Nov 2009

We are now living in a house with two children and we now have to live with no central heating as it is too expensive to run every week and too noisy we have told Melin about this and they do not care at all it is like talking to a wall with Melin,

Hi Ra..
    When were NIBE boilers put in to your home?
    The MCS website says the were given the cert in 18/11/2010...
    Call MCS and ask them if they are accredited to install exhaust air heat pumps...
    Call Nibe UK and ask if they have been trained to install the systems...we found our installer had not....
    If your happy with the installation ask MCS that you wouldlike to complain about the installer or the NIBE 360p.
    An accreditation company will have given them a cert and they will have to investigate your issues.....
    Personally I think if we all complain to the accreditors about the NIBE 360 p product we may get it removed from the MCS certs...
    Slowly slowly catchey monkey....
  • lovesfarmbpha
    Options
    To tackle Melin homes you will need to get the housing ombudsman invloved.They will only deal with you once you have been through the Melin homes complaint process
    So you need to write a formal letter of complaint and send it recorded delivery to melin homes complaints dept..or hand it in person to them ...it must state that it is a FORMAL letter of complaint..
    Don't go into detail about why and how just what you are complaining about...let them do the work,,,,,let them know that you intend to pursue this to the housing ombudsman....if they do not resolve...
    When the housing ombudsman investigates ...trust me if they see anything wrong they will rip the HA to pieces...my solicitor has told me that we do not need a solicitor if the housing ombudsman get involved as they are ruthless...oh and its a free service....and is your rite...

As it seems the company that installed the NIBE in your home were not certified by MCS when they did it then this is a breach of the 2008 sustainable home act that details that any MCS accredited device must be installed by and MCS accredited installer....(however they may have used the installs at your homes to get the accreditation..)
  • ra200
    Options
    Yes we have complained to melin via letter but we get the usual reply we have lived here all most 2 years now , I have gave them the option to fix this I spoke yesterday via email to the melin ceo but the situation is still not solved ,
    We are now taking this to the ombudsman and Melin staff have even told me to do this.
    To tackle Melin homes you will need to get the housing ombudsman invloved.They will only deal with you once you have been through the Melin homes complaint process
    So you need to write a formal letter of complaint and send it recorded delivery to melin homes complaints dept..or hand it in person to them ...it must state that it is a FORMAL letter of complaint..
    Don't go into detail about why and how just what you are complaining about...let them do the work,,,,,let them know that you intend to pursue this to the housing ombudsman....if they do not resolve...
    When the housing ombudsman investigates ...trust me if they see anything wrong they will rip the HA to pieces...my solicitor has told me that we do not need a solicitor if the housing ombudsman get involved as they are ruthless...oh and its a free service....and is your rite...

As it seems the company that installed the NIBE in your home were not certified by MCS when they did it then this is a breach of the 2008 sustainable home act that details that any MCS accredited device must be installed by and MCS accredited installer....(however they may have used the installs at your homes to get the accreditation..)
  • lovesfarmbpha
    lovesfarmbpha Posts: 126 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2011 at 2:39PM
    Options
    I am concerned as to why the NIBE exhaust air heat pump model 205p and 360p,MCS cert no.s HP0003/13 & HP0003/12 have been awarded the MCS certification.
    Currently many housing developments with such products are experiencing high energy bills.
    On further inspection into the NIBE fighter 360p manual,as attached, I have discovered that on page 56 it gives the COP as 2.6 and this has been calculated in lab conditions with only the 655Watts/ 550 Watts(550 for single phase output) from the compressor...
    However this is not the only electrical power the unit consumes .
    The unit has a constant mechanical ventilation which runs at various speeds but for this case we shall use a typical normal fan speed setting which takes 140 volts at a current of 1.25 Amp so total 175 Watts which is 4.2 Kw for a 24 hour period.
    The central heating system pump also draws 100 Watts however is not in constant use.
    So an example is hot water only required ,over a 24 hour period.The compressor will run for an average of 5 hours during the 24 hour period using 2.75Kwh electric using the 2.6 COP will give 7.15 Kwh in return or 4.4 Kwh free/recycled power.
    Sounds good so far until we add in the fan power running for the 24 hour period at 4.2Kw.
    So we have an energy saving of 200Watts over the 24 hour period,not what I would call ground breaking.
    However we have not included the central heating pump at 100w nor the 6Kw immersion element that kicks is every 14 days to kill legionnaires disease.
    We also need to apply seasonal variance.
    We feel that the COP is incorrect for the above reasons and that the device is not a renewable energy source . We would like you to investigate our claim.
  • lovesfarmbpha
    Options
    The service ...included washing my filter in the sink...checking the flow was ok at all the vents....ummm.....yeah...£300....nice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure