Asda - No service: staff gone home!

Options

Comments

• aheaton46
    aheaton46 Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    Money_User wrote: »
    If I went shopping on a Sunday I expect to be done by 4 pm when the shop closes.

I think you'll find the point being made was if someones working hours is until 4 pm after 4 pm they won't be getting paid any wages. Makes the "I pay your wages" argument a bit weak!

No, the point she made was that anyone shopping in the store at 3:55pm on a Sunday was a prat and needs a hobby. Not 4:00pm.

I wholeheartedly agree that at 4pm they should stop serving and stop working - unplug the tills bang on 4pm as far as I'm concerned. But at 3:55 she is there to work, that customer is there to shop, and she has no right to criticise them for that.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aheaton46 wrote: »
    No, the point she made was that anyone shopping in the store at 3:55pm on a Sunday was a prat and needs a hobby. Not 4:00pm.

I wholeheartedly agree that at 4pm they should stop serving and stop working - unplug the tills bang on 4pm as far as I'm concerned. But at 3:55 she is there to work, that customer is there to shop, and she has no right to criticise them for that.

the problem is that in most jobs you cant just 'stop'
    there is a crossover/handover or closing procedure
  • aheaton46
    aheaton46 Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    the problem is that in most jobs you cant just 'stop'
    there is a crossover/handover or closing procedure

Which is not the customers problem.

If a store is open till 4, you should be able to get served till 4 (but not afterwards.)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

If a store is open till 4, you should be able to get served till 4 (but not afterwards.)

I never said it was.just your sugar coated version of working life implied it was that simple
  • m4dh4tter
    m4dh4tter Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    So what you're saying is 3:55pm on a Saturday = OK, 3:55pm on a Sunday = Not OK and shoppers at this time are prats.

Why?

Maybe it's more convenient for them to shop on the Sunday. Maybe they simply choose to go on the Sunday. It's hardly relevant, both customers are paying for your wages. If the shop is open, you should expect customers.

The very most annoying comment for anyone to make is the
    ' I pay your wages'

What a load of absolute degrading rubbish, the employer pays the wages 'final' not the customer.

The customer is a shopper that chooses to purchase or not, their purchases make no difference to the employee's wage. There are always new customers to take your place if you don't like to think your not paying the poor retail workers wage.

Rant over
  • Unintentional
    Options

I have no problem with customers coming in minutes before closing if they're quick. But it's just the people who come in, ask to look at 4 different things in 3 different colours and keep you a long time after your shift is over are who I can't stand. They don't seem to appreciate staff have been working for 8 hours and actually have homes to go to and don't want to stay for 30 minutes so you can find that perfect item in the perfect colour for £5.
    I try to help as much as I can. But I'm also honest and speak my mind.

Smoke free since Jan 2014 :D If you want any advice on quitting please send me a PM. :)
  • vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The worst people are the ones who, after the shop has closed, are still looking at things.

You tell them the shop's closed and they reply with "it's ok, we're not buying anything."

That's even MORE reason for you to !!!! off then!
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with Vyle and Unintentional. If I MUST be out shopping late I do ask the staff if they have time.

But most businesses don't pay staff to close/hand over/cash up which is a problem for the staff in being taken advantage of and possibly missing their transport home - but you lot don't care about them do you?

As to the Customer always being right and being served - poppycock - for every staff member who has to hang around doffing their subservient caps to you the O Mighty Customer, there are also a couple of people in the cash office waiting to get home too.
    The man without a signature.
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Why is it that people can't plan in advance ? Let's face it most of the large supermarkets are open 27/7 even over Christmas .

People who work in retail have a life too .;)
  • steven504
    steven504 Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Working in customer services I have heard the: I pay your wages argument a lot or the: Ii pays a lot for this service. The only problem is that it is always from client’s hat are either losing the company money or making very little profit from or someone that we have been chasing for money.
    Lets not use quidco
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport