~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 7) ~

Options

Comments

• cheltenhamgal
    Options
    Pretty sure you should be OK; go to Credits and input the product description. If they appear there then just apply for credit using the code for 'Faulty product'. Means you lose out on your commission as you'll have to reimburse your customer with the price they paid and, of course, you'll only be credited for the amount you paid but they're coming up again shortly for £12.99 so maybe you could encourage your customer to try a new pair then at the reduced price?

Thanks MC they are in C15 clearance :j
  • inaminute
    inaminute Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    [/Quote]I prefer to order the MMs on backorder. This means they get charged 1 campaign later, not 2, but I forgot to do this with Far Away and it meant people had to wait a while to be able to order that specific product. If I get the MMs on backorder I can let people try it, then give them the next book where they can order it from. Then I hang onto the MMs for 5 campaigns to see if they sell.[/QUOTE]

ok.... sorry I,Geek you've completely lost me :o I've been doing Avon over 12 months but have never tried a money maker hence, I don't really understand how they work. However, I'm keen to give one a go. So are you saying wait and order the MM the campaign prior to the book it appears in as this tends to work better??

Sorry to sound a bit dim :o
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    MarsdenCuckoo Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks MC I thought maybe they would say ooooh no she's had them far too long. do you know which campaign they are coming up in for £12.99 ? I would like another pair for myself :T

C15 the black ones are £12.99 customer price. :j

Might even try a pair of black ones then myself; so far have only had the white ones. Seems both models have the same flaw though; the 'ankle band' can tend to come away from the soles. Had quite a few with that fault, but so long as Avon are happy to credit/refund my customers they're still happy to buy them.
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    I,_Geek wrote: »
    If I get the MMs on backorder I can let people try it, then give them the next book where they can order it from. Then I hang onto the MMs for 5 campaigns to see if they sell.
    That's an excellent point, IG. :T Never dawned on me to do that.

PS: The Avon telesales ladies are doing their rounds again today - nothing spectacular, it's just the new Fergie MM offer.
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    The reason I ask is that a friend had a pair of shoes from Peacocks and they fell apart after about a month and they said it was just usual wear and tear ! So wouldn't give her the money back

That's appalling, which is why we really should promote Avon's 90 days no-quibble guarantee. Know we lose our commission if we just refund our customer with what they paid but sometimes you can 'divert' them to another product.... Doesn't always work but worth trying so you don't lose your commission.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The reason I ask is that a friend had a pair of shoes from Peacocks and they fell apart after about a month and they said it was just usual wear and tear ! So wouldn't give her the money back
    In unusual conditions it could be - for example if they were espadrilles and they'd be worn in the wet.
    But unless there is something very unusual I would have thought a month was WAY too short for a part of shoes to last.

So unless there was evidence to the contrary your friend could in theory take peacocks to the small claims court.
    In practice this may not be viable as there would be court fees and possibly time off work, but theorectically she can enforce her rights through the courts.
    Peacocks like any other company are not above the UK law and they cannot set their own policys above the law.
    The problem with small value items in practice is that the court fees sometimes exceed the value.
    However often it is effective to write a letter stating "I am aware of my statutory rights under the sales of goods act and as the good are not fit for purpose, unless I receive £X.XX in Y days then I shall be pursuing the matter through the small claims track of the county court".
    This often does the trick just by writing the letter.

I think and hope that Avon are a good deal better than this and some companies pride themselves on their "no quibble" guarantees as the benefit outweighs the losses.
    It's one of the things that makes people happy to try new things at companies like Avon, QVC, lakeland etc.

Another trick is to stand by the till and see how long they want you talking to their customers about their refund policy.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems both models have the same flaw though; the 'ankle band' can tend to come away from the soles.

Mine are coming away slightly but they look glued (no complaints about the longevity I've had plenty of wear).
    The simple answer is to put a dab of glue on them.
    If you have a clamp in the garage then clamp them overnight whilst the glue dries.
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    That's an excellent point, IG. :T
    PS: The Avon telesales ladies are doing their rounds again today - nothing spectacular, it's just the new Fergie MM offer.

I was away overnight last Thursday, when I got back had 7 missed calls from Avon (0207 number that I put into Google). They didn't ring back this week, so guess it wasn't anything important. Persistent aren't they :rotfl:
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • dingdongavoncalling
    Options
    Oh my word my sales are down so much, so many of my usual customers are on holiday!! C12 gave me £267 of sales, so far C13 I'm up to £83.00!! Oh dear oh dear!! I'm trying to recanvas my area but probably not going to have much luck............

How often do you recanvass? My ASM recommends every 6 months, once before xmas and once before summer.
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone recently completed their 4th campaign? I hit MOV in my 3rd & 4th campaign, so was expecting some skincare samples. Didn't get these, but got a postcard to say I'd been specially selected to receive an Anew skincare product (again!) which is Anew Clinical Derma-full x 3.
    Any ideas?
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family