**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Options

Comments

• weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh can i join please??? Our house is brimming with things that we haven't used in years or just don't need anymore. I really want to start clearing out, but i just couldn't work up the enthusiasm to do it last year. However, this year i will set myself a challenge of putting lots of listings up. I reckon i possibly have about £1000 worth of stuff that needs to be sold.

Question of the day: Just out of interest - what's the most listings anyone has ever put up in a day?? (As you can tell i'm looking for motivation!!)

Your allowed 10 items up for sale in any 30 day period unless to verify your paypal/ebay account. I haven't verified yet and got a message tonight saying Im almost at my limit uhoh!
    Life is what you make it.
  • mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well... here's a mini challenge for you all...

last january i posted this on our old ebay thread
    "well january amount after fees.... £732! could have done better... must try harder!"

Lets see who can beat it?

as for the most listings in 1 day... i think i did over 200 in a day... but cant find where i posted that...

as for why im on here at this time well i cant sleep :(
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • mrscmr
    Options
    @spudling

etsy is v good for craft... are you on twitter etc... there are lots of tweets with links to etsy items people sell.
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
  • count me in for this one, i've got loads of stuff i need to get rid of to make space (plus the fact i dont need it!). think i'll get some stuff sorted, photographed and ready to list for later in the month - maybe the 9th as thats a Sunday - that way its not like im doing loads in a short space of time and overdoing it, i know i'll get bored or use looking after the baby as an excuse for not doing anything otherwise!
    Mummy to a very gorgeous little boy and baby girl :D

|'1% at a time' #116 |
  • with etsy, isn't that just like having a business? ie, you have to pay tax on earnings? (just trying to get things clear in my head as to what i want to try)
    Mummy to a very gorgeous little boy and baby girl :D

|'1% at a time' #116 |
  • mrscmr
    Options
    http://www.etsy.com/

this is a link to etsy.... if people want to have a look
  • isy1011
    isy1011 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    I sold loads of books on Amazon a couple of years ago. One tattered old book was bought in a second hand shop for 99p and it was bought on Amazon by BP company for £25! (It was one of my DH's boring geology books).

Im going to list some stuff this week on Amazon and Ebay. On ebay Im going to list Dr Who cutains and bedspread and a Boden skirt.
    Egg April 10 £6600 Jan £4678 now £0
    Santander Jan £3414 April £3338
    Virgin April£2643 Aug £3155 April £7109
    Barclaycard Oct £1476 April £1287
    So far paid off 17% of c.c. debt:T
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I think you will all find that mrscmr is the queen of high listings. I am going to beat you one of these days!! lol ok maybe not, but i will try.

Also remember if you are buying something even in a charity shop to sell on for profit you need to register with the tax man and declare you're earnings else you can get into a lot of trouble.
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mrscmr wrote: »
    Well... here's a mini challenge for you all...

last january i posted this on our old ebay thread
    "well january amount after fees.... £732! could have done better... must try harder!"

Lets see who can beat it?

as for the most listings in 1 day... i think i did over 200 in a day... but cant find where i posted that...

Oh yes a mini challenge :D Not sure I can beat it but will give it a damn good go. Think I shall not wait until a free listing day but get on with listing more now.

mrscmr is the listing queen...once I nearly matched her but was about 100 out :rotfl:
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mrscmr wrote: »

Hope you are ok mrscmr?

It's not unusal on this thread for one of us to be on here in the early hours of the morning. I quite often am browsing on here and too_much_debt is normally wandering around. I've got use to it now. :o

I don't know how others are with their debt but I will have a panic over the enormity of my position but then calm down when I think about the opportunities I have to be able to clear my debt. Can you imagine being in the position where you have nothing to sell or you don't have the means of selling it? So whilst I hate eBay and clutter; I am currently very grateful for both.
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport