**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Options

Comments

• Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Id love to sell loads of stuff on ebay but I all my cds I use, dvds I use. I have just sold two ikea shelves on ebay but only got £10.49 for them and the buyer is supposed to be collecting on sunday - but hes been rather unresponsive in my messages. The shelves have been stood unused for two year and were around £25 each.

If the guy does not turn up I will just relist them again.

Books I have tried to sell but they never attract attention.

There are plenty of other sites - I use Amazon and GreenMetropolis.com for selling books and Amazon I sell my CDs on though I know others use other sites, play.com for example.

I've also sold loads of Ikea stuff - some have gone really well and others for not much. When I don't get a great deal, that really hits home that I shouldn't have paid full price and should have bought it off eBay in the first place!
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Purpleroses, I will try to give it a go. I am so "untecky" though & now wondering about the enclosing photo bit as I have enough terouble loading photos to facebook! Do you need to have photos for books, Cds & Ds games?

always include a good clear photo of the items. With dvds they offer you stock photos but i've found you get better bids if you show a picture of the actual item
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dellers wrote: »
    Count me in on this x Also a bit naughty is anyone has the first belle du jour book I would love a bid on it :)

There's four on greenmetropolis.com for £3.75 (that includes postage)
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I am in.

I am a little scared but I am in.....I tried v briefly at the start of this year but was a miserable failure due to being....well miserable!

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • JesaRose
    JesaRose Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please can I join - I would like to make £2k in 2011 from eBay. I used to love doing it but lost inspiration so I need to get my bum in gear and get listing again. I will get the first lot on in a couple of weeks when pay day is nearing for those who might want to bid. Will try and prep some in advance
    Not been here in years! Hi everyone. Make £10 a day challenge = £78.45/155
  • Dellers
    Dellers Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    o thank you I will have a look. I swore I would not buy any more books but asda had the other ones for only £1 .
  • JES_F1
    JES_F1 Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello! :wave: :wave:

I've been selling stuff on Amazon, Play, and Green Metropolis (mainly CDs, DVDs, and books) for almost three years but not tried eBay ... though I've been thinking about giving it a go for some of my other bits and bobs.

So thought I'd say a tentative hello in here - and probably sign up to this! I've got lots of stuff that I'm sure I can sell!

:j:j:j
    Debt Jan 2008: £45,566. *** June 2013: DEBT FREE! ***
    Paid back just under £50,000 due to some interest added.

Dealt with my debt through a Step Change
    (CCCS) DMP.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member #240.
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,can I join you please?
    Have been e-baying for a couple of years and have sold a fair few things.Now want to get rid of a few more bits and bobs.
    Planning on listing towards the end of January when most people will get paid.Does any one think people will buy things in the next week or two.Most off my stuff is craft related.
    Also had trouble with turbo-lister in the past,so might be screaming for help very soon.
    ilovetea x
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1024 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 22/20
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Thanks miskaytee for your useful advice. I will do that!!

Thanks also to Floxxie, I still can't believe it, I have a trampoline in the garden that needs to come down, never thought about selling it, just thought about chucking it. Also, my DDs have broken the frame to their Rose Petal Stores which cost me about £100.00 last christmas, think I might put that on their as someone might want it. You have inspired me even more. I am going to attempt to list now. Will update later to let you know how I get on. Thanks guys. xxx
  • too_much_debt
    Options
    Wow, lovely to see all the new joiners raring to go on this challenge.

Hi Doodledoo, great to have you here.

I have a Business item listed (clothing), the BIN price is £10.99 with Best Offer, I've had an offer of £12!!!! Can you believe that, might be a mistake and don't want to accept over the BIN price, what to do????
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport