**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Options

Comments

• misskaytee
    Options
    Wow, lovely to see all the new joiners raring to go on this challenge.

Hi Doodledoo, great to have you here.

I have a Business item listed (clothing), the BIN price is £10.99 with Best Offer, I've had an offer of £12!!!! Can you believe that, might be a mistake and don't want to accept over the BIN price, what to do????
    Could they be offering £12 inc p&p maybe?
    Everyday im shufflin':dance: Proud Padder ~ All Hail The Power of Pad
  • sallymander
    Options
    Hi all can I join in? I've already started listing tonight!

Well done to all the eBay newcomers for making the first steps :j. I've sold loads of random things on eBay. If I don't want something anymore I will always try eBaying it first before I throw it out or donate it. I think the strangest thing I've sold was a USED epilator.... I clearly stated it was used several times in the ad but someone bought it for twice what I paid brand new! :rotfl:Guess you never know until you try.

Sally x

p.s. I've not been around for a while but congrats Purpleroses on becoming Debt Free, well done x
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • MJDAWSON
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I really want to get into the game of selling stuff on ebay. I decided to sell a load of books a month or two ago. But after paying to list the item, setting the BIN price at one that wasn't to high and then posting the item and then paypal fees, im pretty sure i made a measley profit.

Has anyone any tips on selling stuff and what to sel?

Does anyone purposefully buy items to sell them off at a profit?

I saw one person sold clothes they bought from a charity shop. Views??
    2012 Challenge win £2012 £973/2012 ..20 in 2012 14/20
    Save £2000 from comping and surveys £200/£2000
    OLYMPIC CHALLENGE
    GOLD - Cash
    SILVER - iPad:D:D:D (16/1/2012)
    BRONZE - Vouchers
  • frasersmum123
    Options
    Can I join - would love to make £1000 this year to go towards my Florida Holiday. Have spent the last few days listing like mad and have already sold one item at £8.00 - some of my other items are selling well. I am selling a jumper that didnt fit DD and I ahve 32 watchers :cool:.

Good luck everyone, lets make eBay work for us this year.
    Moving on up :o SPC #382 ~ £40 banked
    12k in 2016 #15. £541.91/£3000
  • credit_crunch
    Options
    Well ive listed 13 items 2day - all relists at 99p and ive got a bid on one :-)

Searching for a laptop at the mo & have joined the sealed pot challenge & make £11k in 2011 so must get my ebaying finger put ha ha!!
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    p.s. I've not been around for a while but congrats Purpleroses on becoming Debt Free, well done x

Woo hoo congratulations Purpleroses! :beer::j:j:beer:
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • sallymander
    sallymander Posts: 278 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 December 2010 at 11:00PM
    Options
    Hi MJDAWSON, different people like to sell in different ways,

I usually list items so that they end on a Sunday evening as more people are likely to be around to bid (living in hope of a last minute bidding war!) and will usually start items at 99p that way it doesn't cost anything to list and if it doesn't sell i've not lost anything. Stangely this works very well for expenisve stuff as people see it at 99p, think bargain and start bidding. I always have a long hard think before I list something 'expensive' at 99p because if only one person bids I have to sell it at 99p and take a loss. Its a bit of a gamble selling this way but you make lots on some things and not so much on others so it balances out and you get used to it after a while.

If I see a bargain somewhere I sometimes buy specifically to sell on eBay, but I think if you're going to re-sell charity shop stuff on eBay you should give them the profit (or certainly the majority). Thats just my personal feelings though.

Sally x

p.s. if I list at 99p it costs nothing to list but I still have to pay final value fees. I think this depends on the category you list in also.
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    just started uploading a load of my books for sale on green metropolis - as ebay dont seem to shift the books I have :( anyone had any luck with green metropolis? Am I likely to actually sell anything there?
    Life is what you make it.
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers and please don't despair if your intentions start off well and then you kind of stop doing eBay. It happens to all of us ;)

MJDAWSON there are several people on this thread who have business accounts so I'm sure they will input on your suggestion of buying to sell on for a profit.

miss empty piggy (love the user name btw): it sounds like you may have a lot of items that you can sell. Just describe them as they are and then watch the bidders:o

Personally my challenge is twofold:

1) to clear my house of unwanted stuff
    2) to clear my life of unwanted debt :D

so even if I make a few pennies, I have achieved my targets.

Enjoy the challenge!
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • misskaytee
    Options
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/resources.html

The link above is for anyone who hasn't sold on ebay before, its a link to sellers central, and has tutorials, hints tips ect on how to get started...hope its of some help :)
    Everyday im shufflin':dance: Proud Padder ~ All Hail The Power of Pad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport