Comments

• Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice challenge.I sign in :)
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'll join in too. I've listed a few items yesterday but just can't keep off the site. I keep clicking on it and getting excited when I have new watchers.... a little sad I think!

Anyway, I'm not in debt but working hard to keep out of it so will see what else I can add to be sold.
  • grumswifie
    Options
    Woo hoo, count me in! Have loads of kids clothes to list and have been selling on ebay for a while but not done since nov. Just need to et back into the swing of it!

Good luck everyone
    Sealed pot challenge member no 1057
    No toiletries in 2011, well shampoo, toothpaste or deodurant!
  • Kayleighpea
    Options
    Count me in on this one! I already started going through the *many* boxes in my room full of random cr*p today and will start listing the things I have found tomorrow.

I do this every year, have a major motivational one week in Jan and then don't do anything the rest of the year so hopefully you will all keep me in check!
    2019 will be my year!!
  • craftdaft
    Options
    Count me in. My aim for the year is to declutter the house and not get any (nasty) letters from the bank. However unless I sell some stuff in January I'll be getting at least one letter...

Other than exercise stuff does anyone have any other tips for things that sell well in January? I thought I'd list fitness DVDs on ebay/Amazon and textbooks on Amazon in January. I'm guessing the only people with big cash injections in Jan are students (if they've taken a student loan out) so is there a potential customer base there and if so any ideas for what they might be looking for?

Thanks for the tips I've read so far and for inspiring me to start making money.
    Making small changes everyday....
  • gingababe
    gingababe Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woooo Hoooo
    A Brand New Shinny thread.....
    Guess what I'm upto tomorrow..... Yes u've guessed it sorting, photographing & writing my blurbs!

GB xx
  • mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok will be getting my lazy self listing tomorrow ... promise! perhaps listing ... ooo 100 + items... lets see if i can! x
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    would you believe it, was just about to put my old playstation 1 into a charity bag who are collecting tomorrow - thought I would quickly check ebay some are going for £5!! Might just try my luck.....
    Life is what you make it.
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Ooh can i join please??? Our house is brimming with things that we haven't used in years or just don't need anymore. I really want to start clearing out, but i just couldn't work up the enthusiasm to do it last year. However, this year i will set myself a challenge of putting lots of listings up. I reckon i possibly have about £1000 worth of stuff that needs to be sold.

Question of the day: Just out of interest - what's the most listings anyone has ever put up in a day?? (As you can tell i'm looking for motivation!!)
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • spudlings
    Options
    Hi to all,
    i have been a regular reader of these boards, but now i feel its time to join up and actually participate. I hope this will give me the encouragement i need to help sort my life and finances out.
    I have always been a "live one day at a time" type of girl and i hate routines and i dont like making plans for anything further than a 24 hour period. I now find myself having to write appointments etc down in a diary as i just forget and end up doing something totally different that day. I am so bad i cant even book a holiday in advance, in the past i have decided one night i need a holiday, booked it that evening and flown the following afternoon. My friends call me crazy but i call myself spontaneous. So with this in mind i find it hard to commit and therefore need some support.

I am drowning in boxes of sell-able clutter so i would like to participate and make 2011 the year that helped change my life.

p.s i have recently come across a site called Etsy to sell craft stuff and handmade things on, but i havent used it so dont know if its any good?
    Crochet ~ Granny cushion cover in the making

!!!!!! make me rich in 2011 ebay or else!! ~ £0

£365 in 365 days
    ~ £11
    make £5 a day challenge Jan 2011 £176/£155
    :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income