PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Those with "nothing happening" ...!!!

Options
Please how DO you cope???!! At the end of our tether right now ... wondering what the solicitors are actually doing!! :mad:
We were moving last Friday (possibly) but then a problem developed and our solicitor (who is VERY nice!!) said he wasn't sure what the problem was except it concerned a "lease" ..in the chain, but he didn't know who or why..?!!) ...agh!
Now Tuesday and I thought it wasn't unreasonable to fax him asking for actual details..?!! We stand to now forfeit a much needed holiday and think we deserve a proper expanation but do not want to "ruffle feathers!" ...No reply so far from him!!
How do you all cope with the "nothingness"!!!???? :confused:

All began with acceptance of offer on 08-09-06
All seemed straightforward with everyone ready to move
We are cash buyers....SO stressed right now..!! :huh:

Comments

• Norma_Desmond
    Options
    I hardly coped at all! I was literally chewing my fingernails, not eating properly, and not sleeping. There were times when I almost wished for 'bad' news so that I didn't feel so helpless and in limbo......all I can do is offer sympathies and the thought that it IS all worth it in the end!
    "I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille...."
  • Roma_3
    Roma_3 Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Oh thank you .. it really DID help!! Glad to know I am not the only one .. right now I feel like unpacking..!! This is a great site ...not possible to message others is it?? Would be a great "support group"!! then.
    Thanks for making me feel better!! :cool:
  • Norma_Desmond
    Options
    I think someone once said that buying a house is like childbirth - you forget how bad it was when you've done it. Believe me, the feelings of happiness when it's all over outweigh everything that came before.
    Just promise me you'll get very, very drunk on that first night in your new house! :D
    "I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille...."
  • mrsc_4
    mrsc_4 Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not coping either!! Still waiting for news that vendors solicitor has completed thr final enquiries, i'm guessing he hasn't or we would have heard!! I feel like our lives are on hold till we know what is going on!!
    House purchase completed 6th December whole process took 4 months.

Hang in there everyone it is worth it
  • MascaraMinx
    Options
    We also went through that and it was awful. You just want them to get on with it (even though they probably are). Trouble is, I wish we were still in nothingness as we've come out the other side to several problems! But I'm sure it will be okay for you!! Just sit tight - DON'T forfeit your holiday, you will need it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm waiting for the vendor's solicitor to receive the results of 'some enquiries' - sounds like they're stalling for time, i'm getting so angry! I'm homeless in 2 1/2 weeks as my rent runs out- going to have to move in with gf's family until we can complete.

As the FTBer I thought i'd be the one causing delays. Aggh, time to hassle the estate agent again.
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didnt cope very well either. In fact I started smoking again and actually turned to drink one afternoon :eek:

It will be worth it in the end.

All you can do is keep chasing for progress and try and keep as calm as possible.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • mrsc_4
    mrsc_4 Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    I'm waiting for the vendor's solicitor to receive the results of 'some enquiries' - sounds like they're stalling for time, i'm getting so angry! I'm homeless in 2 1/2 weeks as my rent runs out- going to have to move in with gf's family until we can complete.

As the FTBer I thought i'd be the one causing delays. Aggh, time to hassle the estate agent again.

I too feel like our vendors solicitor is stalling things his had these enquiries since the 7th September thats a week off 2 months and he STILL can't answer them, everyone thinks he made a mess up when the vendor brought the property and this is why his stalling things, but what can we do!!!??? Hubby won't consider viewing other properties or risk losing the £800 we've paid out but i'm throughly fed up with it all
    House purchase completed 6th December whole process took 4 months.

Hang in there everyone it is worth it
  • Julysea
    Julysea Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not coping either!! After almost lsoing our buyer and vendor last week, I've now heard nothing since last Wednesday - argh!!!!!!! We were supposed to be exchanging on 10th Nov, but can't see that happening now, and we accepted our offer on 1st June!!! It's just one thing after another, I would turn to drink if I wasn't breastfeeding....
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Im not coping too well either, not sleeping, eating too much, drinking more than normal (dont normally drink, hardly at all), come out in a rash.................................

Its just so stressfull, Just had an arguement with estate agent as I negotiated the sale myself and have done all the sales chasing. Hmmmmmmmmm what am I paying them for? Wish I had put the house on with housenetwork.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport