Lets get started for Christmas 2011

Options

Comments

• lazysheep
    lazysheep Posts: 353 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I've been thinking about starting for Christmas for a while now (meaning trying to get ideas together!), but I was channel-hopping earlier on the telly and saw a trailer for QVC that mentioned them showing some Christmas gifts shows from tomorrow (linky here) and figured that was a sign that I should get my bum in gear :rotfl:

So first job is to work out who is worthy of my presents(!) and how much I want to spend on people (as little as possible without looking cheap...) then start shopping :)
  • aabbtang
    aabbtang Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    ok for prepare for christmas 2011......
  • candie_gill
    candie_gill Posts: 272 Forumite
    Options
    Wow im so excited for xmas, thanks for linky about QVC i will be watching with excitement this afty!
    Mummy of a beautiful little boy and fanatical about christmas :D:xmassmile:snow_laug:santa2:
  • suze1984
    suze1984 Posts: 158 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 August 2011 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Hi all I need some help with this one if possible! I've bought a few Christmas presents already and have some ideas for others but one person i'm stuck for is my finance's mum.

She's 50 and owns her own beauty salon/hair dressers because of this I cannot buy the sort of things I usually buy my mum i.e. creams/bath stuff etc. Last Christmas we (or rather I lol) a Motown CD, some new La Senza PJ's, a decorative wine glass (which is now in a cupboard because its too nice to use lol) chocolates and some funky wine stoppers!

Without repeating previous presents i'm really at a loss for what to get her :( - oh and she only wears one type of perfume which we bought her for her birthday! x
    :p
  • bonar
    bonar Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    one of the best pressies Ive ever got was a clock from john lewis where each number had a photo of my family. absolutely love it.

or what about tickets for the theatre, they always go down well, local productions can be excellent and very reasonable
  • minety-mum
    Options
    Just to say that the poundshops are starting to get both Halloween and Christmas things, and Sainsbury's seem to be getting Christmas chocolates!
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I went into Superdrug today and they have their Xmas gift sets on 3 for 2, and Home Bargains have some gift ideas too but bizarrely they're more mens gifts than ladies...
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2011 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Boots have some of their xmas gifts in stock, ive already eyed up the soap & glory
    Wrapped up some of my familys presents this week, as they live quite far away but are coming to stay next week, so thought I'd save on postage costs and be super organised and give them to take home, cant way to see the look of horror!!
  • lala1974
    lala1974 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Great thread!
    I'll be bobbing in with bargains I've spotted and picking up on the deals that you have all found!
    I picked up a bottle of Madonna Couture perfume yesterday from Poundland! Perfect for teens (my daughter). This was in the Stafford branch - worth looking out for in all branches though :)
    :);) AF since 10.04.11 :):D
    "Feel the fear and do it anyway" - Susan Jeffers
  • candie_gill
    Options
    ooooh how exciting, soon be october and the christmas rush on :D I have most of my sons presents, hes only 2 and spent about £300- not purposely its all built up over the year as i have shopped. Other half has plans to buy him a tv too but i think i will put my foot down as way too much.
    Mummy of a beautiful little boy and fanatical about christmas :D:xmassmile:snow_laug:santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure