Lets get started for Christmas 2011

Options

Comments

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    edited 7 October 2011 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can find a list online of everything needed for a 'perfect' Christmas?

I'm talking things that I may not think of like candles for table, tablecloth, sprouts etc.

A checklist would be perfect as then I can just take the thing off it that I want.

Myself and my partner are having our first proper Christmas together and I want to make it as good as possible.

how about this??

this??

this??

this??

or in fact any of these links......

This is probably my favourite (tho will tweak the menu - not our cuppa tea)
    Happy Christmas
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Snugglebunny8
    Snugglebunny8 Posts: 1,622 Forumite
    Options
    usually M&S bring out their Christmas free magazine in November in store, which tends to be my perfect Christmas bible, loads of help and ideas

thanks for the Martha Stewart link, must have a look x
  • LalaGomay
    LalaGomay Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    I just bought the Prima Christmas Makes magazine (3.99)
    Tons of easy stuff to make, and loads of ideas.
    It is now covered in my post it notes.
    :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf:
  • runmichellerun
    Options
    Thanks all

Loads to read through now. Getting excited! :)
    LBM February 2008. DFD March 2013 19 August 2011
    Debt at LBM £14,395.48. Debt Now £0
  • PixieDust
    PixieDust Posts: 944 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ooooh is the Prima Makes mag worth buying, then? I've been umming and ahhing over it for a while :S

I've finished getting the stuff for our two childrens' stockings....they are 12 and 14 so they are asking for money from everyone.....but they're not too old for their stockings, they still maintain that they are the best bit!!!!!!

(I have been on here a while but the computer logged me out and I don't have access to the old e-mail addy to get the password back, so I've re-registered. Can't even remember the old name - the scourge of having so many handles for so many years!!!)
  • Pixie_Fairydust
    Options
    Well I had good intentions in January, but as usual they have fallen by the wayside!

Great to catch up on the thread, you have all been busy with your bargains.

I got some great calendars from The Works, 2 for £6 and they included a diary too!

Most of the big supermarkets are doing the two big tins of sweets (Quality St, Heroes etc) for £8, so have got a couple to put away, but will use 1 for Halloween!

I love this time of year when everything is getting Christmassy! Just wish I was a bit more organised!

Bye for now, keep posting, I am very inspired when I read all your posts :T

Pixie
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • LalaGomay
    LalaGomay Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    PixieDust wrote: »
    ooooh is the Prima Makes mag worth buying, then? I've been umming and ahhing over it for a while :S

Well I really like it! It's given me lots of ideas. There's things to make for various levels of ability too which is good. I need very simple things. ;)
    :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Most of the big supermarkets are doing the two big tins of sweets (Quality St, Heroes etc) for £8, so have got a couple to put away, but will use 1 for Halloween!

I love this time of year when everything is getting Christmassy! Just wish I was a bit more organised!

Bye for now, keep posting, I am very inspired when I read all your posts :T

Pixie

Oh that's GENIUS

Instead of buying mixed sweets for Trick-or-treaters I'll get the Celebrations then IF what happened last year happens again this year I've not wasted my money on swizzels I'll scoff.

Last year we didn't get ANY trick-or-treaters!

My DD is doing better than me (at 15) she's bought gift sets (3) on 3-4-2 at Mr. Ms and Wine Gums on half price already.

I have got about 4 bottles of Sloe Gin on the go though! Priorities:rotfl: - oh and a £25 i tunes card which cost me £20, slippers for DD (she chose them) were 20% off (New Look Student discount which school kids can get hereabouts as they have an ID card) and a DVD player for DD (also discounted by 10%). And we have checked it works, too.;)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Pixie_Fairydust
    Options
    Valli - not sure if you make your own Christmas cake, but when the celebrations tub is empty its a perfect size to keep a cake in!

Your daughter sounds very organised! :xmassmile

Pixie
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • kittywight
    Options
    can i join in ? :)

i havent got much done so far, ive got a few pressies for ds, but his birthday is in november so i always give them to him then , and then have to have a mad rush in december to stock up on more :):D

ive got some wrapping paper left over from last year, but will need to stock up on more
    ive got gifts for my mother and possibly a few other people (im making lots of little gifts this year, make up/booze ect)
    ive got my icing for my christmas cake (just a chocolate sponge, a fruit cake sounds too complicated for me)

tbh i havent got a lot :(

coming to this thread has made me realise i havent got that much

better get myself into gear

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business