Lets get started for Christmas 2011

Options

Comments

• prophecy_grrl
    Options
    Have just ordered the imaginext monster for DS for Xmas - £25 is a brillaint price for such a big present! I've also ordered 2 cricker sets so thanks to the 2 OPs for these baragin links x

Can't wait for Christmas this year - will be my first as a single mother. I'm hoping I will have sold my house by then and be in my own place with DS x
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    I started wrapping DS's presents last night! Woohoo! This Christmas will be all done by September at this rate!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • Legendmum
    Options
    Just seen this on hot uk deals, the £5 DVD's at M&S are now £2 each, just got UP, the princess and the frog, toy story 2 and monsters inc, there are a few others too
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/Technology-Sale/b/818740031?extid=af_a_Communities_47868

Knit I was gutted by this as by the time I got there none left! Tried in my local M&S first thing and they dont sell dvds!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    20% off all toys in toys r us sat and sun, voucher on grabbitt! think I may go and see if any little bits I can put away for xmas for the girls, although will be gutted if pay for something then get it cheaper nearer christmas! Oh waht to do?!?! xx
  • mummymandy
    mummymandy Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Ive just ordered the playmobil advent calendar from amazon as mentioned in todays grab its, its reduced to £11.99 with £1.99 postage. Ive had my eye on these for years but could never afford one. My son is seven, but he may enjoy it for a year or two. I'll be enjoying it for a long time myself!
  • butterfly2001
    butterfly2001 Posts: 2,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    just so you know, keep checking marks and spencers website as they come back in. I've been checking all day and managed to place 2 orders- 1 for 3 dvds and another for 5
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    Options
    mummymandy wrote: »
    Ive just ordered the playmobil advent calendar from amazon as mentioned in todays grab its, its reduced to £11.99 with £1.99 postage. Ive had my eye on these for years but could never afford one. My son is seven, but he may enjoy it for a year or two. I'll be enjoying it for a long time myself!

Ive never even heard of these, they look fab, see they do lego and polly posket ones too! What a fab idea!
  • itsybitsygoth
    Options
    Aldi are selling 'growing kits' for 99p some peculiar ones like coffee plants but one of them is a bonsai tree kit which I thought might be a nice little stocking filler. http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week29Thursday11.htm?WT.z_src=main

Sainsburys have reduced their kids gardening range by 50% but I'm hoping this will drop to 70% soon as they have some cute kids gardening gloves reduced to £1.50 but there's loads left and I'm making up little gardening kits for a couple of my nephews. They also have a huge assortment of mugs reduced by 50% which I think would make a nice gift, especially if you include an assortment of different flavoured teas.
    Overdraft- [strike]£500[/strike] PAID! Computer Loan- [strike]£292.67[/strike] PAID! Credit Card- £369.00 PCDL Loan- £6664.80
  • jemtom
    jemtom Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    chicky i see what you mean about the lego advent calendars the prices!! there is a gorgeous silent night one on there though i am thinking of getting it. but i would like one for my son so i will keep me eyes open and let you know if i see any cheaper ones.
    ledgendmum i have to keep my wrapping until december but sometimes i do a couple of things earlier. i just love christmas, and the wrapping!! yay its nearly christmas, really got to get started on presents feel so behind this year.
  • Legendmum
    Options
    I have only started wrapping DS's as he likes to snoop in my cupboard and brings things as does my OH so his will also have to be wrapped and hidden! Everyone elses I will keep for closer to the time and have a nice glass of wine on the go with a Christmas movie on in the background!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport