Lets get started for Christmas 2011

Options

Comments

• chickywiggle
    Options
    think i may get out my stash today and see what there is in there.....

is it too early to put the christmas cd on??
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • lala1974
    Options
    think i may get out my stash today and see what there is in there.....

is it too early to put the christmas cd on??

Do it :). Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" and a bit of Wham is a must!

I've started a spreadsheet with everyone that I need to buy for and what I want to get them or already got them (with a strikethrough)!
    :);) AF since 10.04.11 :):D
    "Feel the fear and do it anyway" - Susan Jeffers
  • keggsy
    keggsy Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for a while and thought I would let you know about a BARGAIN I have just found.

I have been looking for a big 70 piece Mega Blok set for my nephew for xmas (he is 14 months) Amazon wanted £22 for it, I checked my tesco direct catalogue and they only wanted £14.97, so I went online and found they had reduced the price to £9.97. So I have bought it Yay!! Plus they have loads of toys reduced.. I bought him a floating pirate ship for the bath as well only £6!!

2 pressies down, a lot more to buy!!
    Trying to make our money work for us and not the other way round!!
  • Fallen8905
    Options
    Heya Guys

I can't wait til christmas!!

So far i have got all of the xmas presents on my side of the family except for my mum and dads, boyfriends and a few little bits and bobs.

Got pretty much all the xmas cards and i have wrote all of them out ready!!!
    £844/£22,774.31 debt to pay :eek:
    £21,930.31 left to pay!:(
  • sarah*a
    sarah*a Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I forgot to update last month - too busy trying to grab some summer and not think about xmas :rotfl:

SEPT UPDATE:

So far I have bought
    :all wrap, tags and cards for this year
    :most decs - still need red/green tinsel and a red or green tree topper
    :19 1/2 out of 20 family xmas gifts - I know what the missing 1/2 is but won't buy that until November -
    : DD - Finished
    :OH - Finished - but will probably still pick up the odd book I see in charity shops

plus ALL family birthday gifts and new baby bits

updated bits in bold :D

Hopefully will be able to get the last decorations as the xmas stuff is slowly appearing in the shops. I've been eyeing up the cards and wrap in 'The Card Factory' in readiness for the after-xmas sales and to see what colours they have so I can plan next years colours if I see any bargains :D

Is it very sad that I have done half my shopping for xmas 2012? I got some superb bargains from the Argos clearance in July :o:o
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    some fab bargains so far from people.

we have sooooo many to buy for so doing it mega cheap.

think we are gonna get the boys stuff between then (tinywiggle won't really care at 8 - eeeek - months old plus there is nothing he needs)
    need to get all of DH's/ my mum (if i don't get my !!! in gear and stitch the one i had in mind), dad, sister stuff.

DH can get his family something if he thinks about it i'm not bothering.

actually got pretty much everything else, just about 6 colouring books to get from poundland (unless anywhere knows a better place to buy in bulk? I'd like the thick chunky type ones prob with a christmas design on the front)
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • candie_gill
    Options
    Home bargains had crayola art caddys in, you also got the retractable crayons in them- £1 each couldnt believe it as £8 everywhere else
    Mummy of a beautiful little boy and fanatical about christmas :D:xmassmile:snow_laug:santa2:
  • minety-mum
    Options
    Just to say Morrisons have their Christmas stuff in, including cards, advent calendars and chocolate coins! Oh, and candy canes.

It does seem strange that the shops are so slow to bring out the advent calendars, considering that you need them first.
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Home bargains had crayola art caddys in, you also got the retractable crayons in them- £1 each couldnt believe it as £8 everywhere else

bargain. got the colours tho £1 for 50 colouing pencils in Asda!

tho poundland have had cars and other long pencil cases in if that helps anyone?
  • runmichellerun
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can find a list online of everything needed for a 'perfect' Christmas?

I'm talking things that I may not think of like candles for table, tablecloth, sprouts etc.

A checklist would be perfect as then I can just take the thing off it that I want.

Myself and my partner are having our first proper Christmas together and I want to make it as good as possible.
    LBM February 2008. DFD March 2013 19 August 2011
    Debt at LBM £14,395.48. Debt Now £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family