We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lets get started for Christmas 2011

Options

Comments

• sarah*a
    sarah*a Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    carlamarie wrote: »
    i think you win the prize for the most organised :T:T:T

That's a lot politer than what my OH calls me :rotfl:

Photobooks are great aren't they - I've done one for my OH for his birthday of our trip to the Doctor Who Exhibition :D TBH my Dad isn't a sentimental/memories type really - which is shame because there is loads of things I do for my Mum, MIL, FIL etc that he just wouldn't appreciate :( My sister got him a digital photoframe about 3 years ago filled with pictures of the family ..... it's still in it's box in a cupboard :mad: Ungrateful sod :p

Although you have given me an idea ..... he used to play semi-pro rugby and when he couldn't play anymore he used to sponsor the matchball. I may look into seeing how much that costs for a local team :T
  • jemtom
    jemtom Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    i managed to get a small basket from local charity shop the other day which im going to use for my ds nana and do her a bit of mixed hamper, got some shower gel, going to get some body lotion maybe a scrunchie for the shower and i have some hand cream, and a small bottle of wine cant really think of anything else, did her a lavendar hamper last year so dont want it being too alike. also for my ds godmother (my cousin) think im going to do her either a make-up hamper, so want a nice make-up bag and plenty of make-up. whilst in town yesterday got a sew your own teddy from cs its one of the old teddy bears and is still sealed in the pack so going to do that for my son and sew his name and dob onto the front of the teddy if i can. for my auntie and uncle i was thinking of doing a wine lovers hamper, and getting some small bottle of wines and a couple of full sized ones, would like to do them some personalized wine glasses but do them myself if possible what could i use to put their names on the glass so it stays on? any help much appreciated.
  • jemtom
    jemtom Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    also my local pound shop have some cardboard storage boxes in at the moment i got myself one for sewing and knitting things, they have girls and boys so would like to get the rocket one for my ds and fill it with some things maybe do him a bit of a space/toy story theme hamper. he already has the toy story dvd's so im a bit stuck, does anyone have any ideas? seem to be at a loss this year and really need to knuckle down and get some ideas,
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    jemtom wrote: »
    i managed to get a small basket from local charity shop the other day which im going to use for my ds nana and do her a bit of mixed hamper, got some shower gel, going to get some body lotion maybe a scrunchie for the shower and i have some hand cream, and a small bottle of wine cant really think of anything else, did her a lavendar hamper last year so dont want it being too alike. also for my ds godmother (my cousin) think im going to do her either a make-up hamper, so want a nice make-up bag and plenty of make-up. whilst in town yesterday got a sew your own teddy from cs its one of the old teddy bears and is still sealed in the pack so going to do that for my son and sew his name and dob onto the front of the teddy if i can. for my auntie and uncle i was thinking of doing a wine lovers hamper, and getting some small bottle of wines and a couple of full sized ones, would like to do them some personalized wine glasses but do them myself if possible what could i use to put their names on the glass so it stays on? any help much appreciated.

There is a free estee lauder sample pack posted on the freebies(no spend required)forum - might do for the make up hamper?
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • minxie
    minxie Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Just bought my first chrissy prezzies today, online and great bargains, thanks to the peeps on here giving the heads up.

Soap n Glory box £80 down to £35, plus Virgin Vie have an 80% off sale on.Got some good bits of there

Got my wrap and cards last january,:j for less than £3.
    I plan to cross stitch quite abit to, love doing that for prezzies

minxie
  • carlamarie_2
    carlamarie_2 Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 July 2011 at 4:10PM
    Options
    jemtom wrote: »

you can buy glass paints and pens from hobbycraft/ebay/craft stores ive never used them myself (its on the to do list) so not sure if you need to bake them in the oven or not to make the writing stay, which maybe a problem if your glasses are thin.
    another option is to take them to a jeweller who can engrave them - although that may be costly?
    you can also buy the tools for engraving yourself (argos had them in there last book, not sure if they still stock them now) if you plan to do a lot (and have a steady hand!!!) it maybe worth investing
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • carlamarie_2
    carlamarie_2 Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i have a couple more bargains to report :T
    from debenhams - instore this time i got ds1 the following

marvel heroes game - which is like guess who £7.50 was £15
    2x cars microworld sets (3 or 4 little cars from the film in each) £1.20 each was £4
    mister maker jigsaw painting £1.50 was £5

got my dd one of the jigsaw painting things too

then in morrisons i got ds1 despicable me DVD for £5 not sure if this is a bargain or not but he likes it!

my poor ds2 doesnt have anything in my secret stash as yet :eek: which im feeling quite guilty about:o even though we've decided were only buying him a walker and maybe one small toy and the rest of the money will be going into bank for him. he'll still get lots of pressies as family and friends buy for my kids too. but i cant stop feeling guilty!
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • ChocolateIsLife
    Options
    jemotom - I did a movie night hamper for my brother and his girlfriend last year which included a bottle of wine and some personalised glasses. I bought a couple of ikea glasses and a red glass pen from hobbycraft and wrote his and hers on the glasses with little hearts. You write it on and 'bake' it in the oven, was worried about them breaking but they were absolutely fine!
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    In B&M bargains today I brought a small (about 7" high) cellowrapped bubble gum machine with a pack of small multicoloured bubble gums wrapped inside for 89p. They had blue,green and red (if I remember rightly). Might be good for a retro sweetie hamper (adults or over 3 yrs old cus they gums are about size of a 1p). There was no sell by date on as far as I could see.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cool idea, Murie, thanks for that :) My retro sweetie hampers are going to be cased in:

1 x red tubular pencil case, decorated with glitter glue
    1 x pink bucket
    1 x clear pencil case, decorated with collages of photos of friends
    AND
    Another way which I've not thought up yet. The pencil cases were 50p and the bucket was £1 so am pleased with that. I've also just bought some fabric offcuts from a haberdashers to have a go at crafting a couple of things. As this haberdashers is in the same building as a fancy dress hire shop there are lots of unusual fabrics - I managed to pick up a lovely square about 30cm sq of tan coloured moleskin fabric for 50p :D I think I'll have a go at making a little bunny toy with it :)

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport