We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
New, New Thirfty Gifty for Christmas and All Ocassions 2011..Santas Challenge...
Comments
-
Hi Susan, glad to see you back, we were all worried about you. Good luck with the cholestrol, there two types,
LDL (low density liprotein), - thats the one thats is to do with clogging the arteries, the other HDL - high density protein, - good cholestrol that takes the bad cholestrol away and transport it to the liver for removal.
In theory if you can reduce the level of bad cholestrol, eg stop fry ups, less oil. increase exercise, then that brings up the HDL levels.
when they measure your choletrol - your gp etc just gives you one figure as the good balances out the bad, (knew me sports course come in useful somewhere.
Hope they get you sorted out xxxx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx0 -
hi everyone, hope you are having a good weekend with the lovely sunshine.
its very quiet on here lol
take good care of yourselves and lots of love
xxx Milla xxxMEMBER OF~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~
Busy doing nothing, working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do
0 -
Hi everyone
Nice to see you on again Susan, have missed you xx
Toothfairy - I have to take Tramadol everyday for my pain, glad you keeping up with the quit smoking.
Just spoke to one of my sisters, showed her the denim quilt I finished and she said she thinks the nieces will love them so that will be them sorted completely when I have finished making them all. Have completed one already and one in process.
Finished another top for myself yesterday and cut out a skirt for GDD0 -
Mary - What a small world lol yes we were at Northbrook College but we had to go by train so was a bit of a nightmare for us what with me in a wheelchair for the day!! The rain was awful hope it is better for you when you go there.
I managed to cook for the first time in a week yesterday.....cooked a curry. I think the trek to Worthing took alot out of me cos I was shattered all day yesterday!
Off to help DH cook a roast chick today yum!
Love to all xxxNever buys anything at full price unless completely forced to do so!!! :whistle:0 -
OMG I am going to CHUCK vistaprint out the window, I am having a nightmare with it this morning!!!!Saving 2.00 coinsGrocerys set to 40.00 pwBeing Thrifty0
-
Hello all :j
Been sunny here but not that warm..........OH is sorting out all the rubbish wood from the old porch and putting it down the driveway........so now the drive will look a mess instead of the back yard..............lol Can't win ! Still, needs doing so he can re-organise where the wheelie bins are going.
I've not done much but did root through my books............found a Mothers Book of Poems that'll do for MIL for mums day...........it was one I bought for Mum some years back so it may as well get passed on to another Mum............very mse as well -then found couple of books on how people lived between the wars.......lady who was really good to my mum when she was ill loves anything like that and I always get her something for her birthday so she's having those. They were mine and I bought then new so they're 'second hand' but only mine...........she'll love them and won't mind that they're re-cycled. (Also very mse...............lol)
Ooops..............had to go off for a bit...........OH has put his back out :eek: Lifting something too heavy..........honest, men !! They never know they're limits ! Just spent half hour debating whether to get him off to hospital for x-ray but he's insistant he'll be ok. So, here's hoping.
Toothfairy-when my son went to college there he stayed in Worthing and caught the train and the first year when they had the art exhibition I stayed at the student house and went in by train...........I'd have never known where the place was but its a good college to go to.
Well, back to check on OH...............:)I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !
(previously known as mary43)0 -
Morning everyone
Daughter informed me last week that they have the prom coming up at school, I was thinking oh no, mega bucks coming up lol, but she went to see my eldest daughter yesterday and borrowed a lovely dress from her. I need to get her everything else to go with it but dont mind that, she has done well at school and deserves a nice night out. I have some £2 coins saved which I can use to get her some shoes, she wants flats as she will be towering over the bf otherwise bless. Will have to sort out some kind of stole or shrug and a strapless bra, not a lot more, some tights and pair of nice earrings may be.
Off to Hobbycraft today with my son, cant wait lol. OH wont take me there as its not his kind of shop and its further out than we normally go anyway. Want to see if they have anything on offer as I am doing a crafty basket for my SIL and Bro for Xmas. They are both retired now and she likes sewing and knitting and he likes painting.0 -
Can you believe I went to Hobbycraft with money to spend and didnt spend a penny lol, everything was so expensive there, much cheaper on the internet.
Two of my Vista orders came today but unfortunately one of the mugs was broken, didnt look like the box was very secure what it was sent it. I have emailed them but seeing as it was free dont suppose they will do anything, expect I will have to pay postage again if I order a replacement but will see what they say. Everything else was lovely.
Sorted out the gifts on top of my wardrobe yet again, getting quite a collection up there now, although some are birthdays which will all go by the summer.0 -
Brilliant news - just checked Open Uni site, as got to download paperwork for next yrs funding, - and the results have come through from my last course, passed it, - all the markable elements I hit achieved - top of the 4 grades, so really pleased, just plodding along now attempting to work out what I scribbled down when writing this essay in rough.......it will be done by midnight, xx
Congratulations!! :T
susan - good to hear from you. Keep positive!
Real toothfairy - well done you on your continuing cigerette battle!!
mary - how's OH??
Sorry I've been quiet - things are a bit hectic here! Will update soon when things calm down. Everything is fine, everyone's well, so no need for any worrying. Just BUSY!
Big hugs to all my MSE ladies!
Clare x
Addicted to Disneyland Paris!
:snow_grin Planning Christmas 2014! :snow_laug
DD born 17th December 09!
0 -
Hello all :j
Thankfully OH slept ok though tossed and turned a bit with several ''ouch'' noises but when he got up and walked about a bit he didn't feel too bad. He insisted on walking into town -it's not far- and long as he takes it steady he thinks he'll be ok with painkillers and some cream he bought.
I'm worrying about going away for a few days on Sunday..........long journey to Worthing -for me and him with our backs ! -plus he'll have to wheel me about when we get there. He swears he'll be able to manage..............I'm not so sure. Sooner lose the Travelodge money (special offer so not much) than go and not enjoy ourselves. So, he's got till Thursday............I've told him if I don't think he'll be up to it I'll cancel it and we'll go later in the year. Men !!:mad:
Hope you're all ok.............been a lovely day here:)I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !
(previously known as mary43)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards