We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

£25 voucher for £8 to spend at secretsales.com from KGB Deals

Options

Comments

• libertysurf
    Options
    Thanks OP! At last all fine, and I have an important item delivered in time for Christmas. Very happy.
    (If this had gone smoothly at the beginning I would have bought loads :).)
  • Savvybunny2009
    Options
    A word of warning with Secret Sales regarding codes, I bought a top and they sent the wrong size and a piece of jewellery which was rolling around loose in the box, no tags, broken and badly scratched. So I sent them back as requested, they cannot send a replacement due to no stock and they won't do a refund as I used a gift voucher. I guess you live and learn but it may help others - if your goods arrived damaged/wrong sizes etc, they will not issue an e-voucher for a refund.
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A word of warning with Secret Sales regarding codes, I bought a top and they sent the wrong size and a piece of jewellery which was rolling around loose in the box, no tags, broken and badly scratched. So I sent them back as requested, they cannot send a replacement due to no stock and they won't do a refund as I used a gift voucher. I guess you live and learn but it may help others - if your goods arrived damaged/wrong sizes etc, they will not issue an e-voucher for a refund.

Yep, I've had that too. That way they shift a lot of stock that may be damaged before sending it to you without you being able to prove you didn't damage it. :mad: Remember, they are selling surplus stock or very slight seconds that they have bought wholesale. There are lots of thes site around (like Brand Alley etc). They have similar stuff for sale on rotation. Most of it is fine but you have to check everything really carefully inc' the small print
  • tinkerbell28
    Options
    Yes a lot of these sites are seconds, although they don't say. Watches etc turning up unboxed, items not in retail packaging.

Plus as I have said alread many times you'd question their authenticity. The Balenciaga fiasco was a prime example. SS still deny to this day they were fake......

But yes where refunds are concered you'll only get the cash value back that you paid to them, they don't refund e vouchers back to your account at all.

So be warned.
  • Princess_x
    Princess_x Posts: 2,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone else still waiting for their new codes? So many emails being sent back and forth. I don't blame KGB, but surely secretsales would know not to send the old type codes :S When a mate enquired about their missing codes, they were sent a replacement which was a mix of letters & numbers and nothing like the first batch we received (which could easily have been forged as they were so similar!). They keep saying the merchant has sent 4 new codes, yet when i try, it's clearly been used before or not activated or whatever, as it doesn't work at all. The merchant is obviously secretsales, so i don't understand why they can't just send me 4 codes from the new batch like everyone else has been getting. Surely they know by now that their first batch were flawed.
  • amberjade_2
    Options
    I have emailed both and have had no reply- 2 days now. I have emailed kgb again asking for a refund and I am on hold with ss as I ordered something ages ago which did not arrive.... only £2.50 but still.
  • amberjade_2
    Options
    KGB have just emailed back saying they will refund the £24 for 4 vouchers. I feel uneasy with ss as they have not replied to 2 emails and on message for a £2.50 item. I may have lost out on a good offer but I will buy less as I'll have to think on my spend!
  • lil_tiger
    lil_tiger Posts: 769 Forumite
    Options
    amberjade wrote: »
    KGB have just emailed back saying they will refund the £24 for 4 vouchers. I feel uneasy with ss as they have not replied to 2 emails and on message for a £2.50 item. I may have lost out on a good offer but I will buy less as I'll have to think on my spend!
    I have only just realised my code didnt work neither, I had emailed SS on the 15th however I never recieved a refund, I will be getting in touch with KGB now.....NOT happy with the CS of SS :mad:
  • HopePray
    HopePray Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After countless e mails, and loosing my temper a bit, I eventually got all 4 codes and have used them all, I did use one as a years postage as I often see a little something but it would be expensive having the postage on top. Good luck to all who bought.
    Love your Mum, you'll never get another one when she's gone.
  • libertysurf
    Options
    Very happy. My last item came today. Everything looks fine to me, not seconds. And the price was amazing.
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family