£25 voucher for £8 to spend at secretsales.com from KGB Deals

Options

Comments

• Cher-Ching
    Options
    this could be interesting... bought a voucher for £8 and got £7.07 cahsback on TCB so effectively it cost 93p (I'm not banking on this as some things track but don't pay) bought an item for £25 the other day and used the whole voucher so item effectively cost 93p (plus £4.50 p&p) but when i bought the item on Secret Sales i went through TCB and even though i used the voucher it tracked the cashback on the full £25 so £2.02 cashback so if that does go through then effectively the whole £29.50 worth of goods and P&P will cost £3.41. even if none of the cashback actually pays i'm still happy to pay £12.50 in total - still more than half price.
    28/04/11 - A bad day for shoppers everywhere (Tesco shoppers that is!) RIP DTD :A
  • littlejem
    Options
    I reported an invalid code on Friday but still no replacement.
  • lil_tiger
    Options
    littlejem wrote: »
    i reported an invalid code on friday but still no replacement.
    ................. +1
  • fazeypie
    fazeypie Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Options
    My sis reported an invalid code on Sunday just after i reported mine. They gave her another code which doesn't work and I'm still waiting for a reply! I'm so waiting for a free shipping event/code to use my vouchers. I don't want to pay one more penny towards this!
    July- coconut body shop body butter, pom bear football, mini johnsons lotion, Sally Hansen nail treatments
  • HopePray
    HopePray Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had trouble with the first two codes, they sorted them out and I ordered another two. However they keep sending me the first two codes, which I have already used, grrrrr
    Love your Mum, you'll never get another one when she's gone.
  • littlejem
    Options
    I got my two dodgy codes replaced today. The folks I've spoken to at KGB sound nice. The two new codes were in a slightly different format. I never got through by phone but I emailed offering to try reedeming the codes whilst they were on the phone. I would have preferred not to have redeemed the codes immediately but better safe than sorry.

Good luck to anyone still waiting to get it sorted.
  • fazeypie
    Options
    So far my sis has had 2 replacement codes, both of which do not work and I have received a replacement code today which does not work. I'm so annoyed at this. I don't think I'll ever be using KGB again!
    July- coconut body shop body butter, pom bear football, mini johnsons lotion, Sally Hansen nail treatments
  • Princess_x
    Princess_x Posts: 2,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 December 2010 at 11:52PM
    Options
    fazeypie wrote: »
    So far my sis has had 2 replacement codes, both of which do not work and I have received a replacement code today which does not work. I'm so annoyed at this. I don't think I'll ever be using KGB again!

Tbf, it's not actually kgbdeals faults that the codes aren't working, secretsales would be to blame, as their gift voucher codes seem to be similar to each other (and you'd think you wouldn't be able to forge one with a decent site). I'm not saying secret sales are rubbish either, as I've already had delivery some items already and still waiting on more (so can't really comment), but kgbdeals are hardly to blame if the voucher codes they're being sent by secretsales have been forged and used already.

EDIT: also to say that i have 4 codes still to be sent.. 2 were sent yesterday (i dunno why 2 as i ordered 4 on the 16th), and both codes used, so i've emailed them today to enquire about it and will see what they say.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I eventually received my 5 new codes today and 'banked' them all straight away @ Secret Sales

All worked and were very unusual combination of letters and numbers now - So it seems they have changed all the codes so they are more secure..

I reckon it wasn't a blunder even but maybe some fraud had been commited with the original codes as they were all so similar?

Anyway - Alls well that ends well and all that but I must say even as a big fan I was getting peeved this time as it did take alot of e-mailing back and forth and the whole process of getting the codes due has been FRUSTRATING!
  • fazeypie
    Options
    Yay! I have finally received my code! Apparently due to a human error, my code hadn't been activated. Thank god that kerfuffle's over.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure