PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What has this bad weather taught you?

Options

Comments

• mrs-stressed
    Options
    I have just shifted a ton of wood into my garage to dry out and I am knackered!!! I have learned from that it can be done if it HAS to be done. I have learned that I am well fed up living alone as well. I only want someone who can chop wood, rustle up a nice spag bol, sing like Pavarotti, knock up the odd shelf or two, look nice in Naval uniform, has a great sense of humour and puts my bins out in an impending blizzard without asking. Oh, change a tyre, take me out for a nice meal and then home, likes gin and tonic/wine, likes my friends, loves my dog and smiles through adversity. Not much to ask is it!!! And clears the path of snow so I dont slip and break my neck getting in from work..Oh and laughs at my jokes....ha ha...LOLOLOLOL

Mrs s
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just shifted a ton of wood into my garage to dry out and I am knackered!!! I have learned from that it can be done if it HAS to be done. I have learned that I am well fed up living alone as well. I only want someone who can chop wood, rustle up a nice spag bol, sing like Pavarotti, knock up the odd shelf or two, look nice in Naval uniform, has a great sense of humour and puts my bins out in an impending blizzard without asking. Oh, change a tyre, take me out for a nice meal and then home, likes gin and tonic/wine, likes my friends, loves my dog and smiles through adversity. Not much to ask is it!!! And clears the path of snow so I dont slip and break my neck getting in from work..Oh and laughs at my jokes....ha ha...LOLOLOLOL

Mrs s

Not much to ask at all - I'm still asking, for the same :D
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have learnt:
    1. a basic store cupboard was a life saver.
    2. kids wellies let in, even if fairly new, moonboots are better.
    3. balaclavas are better than hats.
    4. warming from the inside (eg soup, warm juice) is a great way to stave off the cold, as are layers instead of one fluffy jumper!

x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Beccatje
    Beccatje Posts: 728 Forumite
    Options
    arran_m wrote: »
    id love to teach myself to knit socks, most i can do at the moment are scarves and corsages

It's really not as hard as you think. It seemed daunting to me, but once you 'get' it it's not hard at all.

Look on youtube. There's loads of helpful video's on sock knitting. That's how I learned.
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The bad weather has taught me that it does not matter a hoot what I look like when I venture out. As long as I am warm and dry, I do not care what others think about the way I look.
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Beccatje wrote: »
    It's really not as hard as you think. It seemed daunting to me, but once you 'get' it it's not hard at all.

Look on youtube. There's loads of helpful video's on sock knitting. That's how I learned.
    Join the knitters thread (or ravelry.com)- loads of help there too :).
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The convenience of being able to renew my car tax online and not have to trek to the Post Office in foul weather and queue with lots of grumpy people all waiting in line to buy Christmas stamps and get parcels weighed.
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    Oh dear... it's coming back! And I was going to do my bi-weekly milk/bread run at Farmfoods tomorrow... I haven't much milk in the house... and 1 loaf of bread! I bet the 'mob' will have stripped the shelves bare by tomorrow!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • witchwoopiggy
    Options
    the bad weather also taught me to hope its not on its way as bad for everyone, and cleaning out rabbits and guinea pigs is the snows not fun lol (they are in a shed but had to dig the door open lol
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,773 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Mrs s

I had one of those Mrs S (except he couldn't sing). He died last year on board his ship off the coast of the Falklands. I miss him so much, but you're right, someone like that makes a perfect husband.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure