Car Stolen?

Options
Hi all

My car got stolen a week ago while I was at the gym. Basically what happened was my keys was left in my jeans in a kit bag because the gym does not have any lockers. When I had finished my training I notice that my keys had been stolen and while we where searching the gym {Just in case they fell out} the theives rode away in the car.

This was all caught on CCTV, the criminals where wise because they wore their hoodys up and drove away with the visor down.

Now here is the BIG problem and before I start {Yes I am the biggest plonker in the world}. All to do with insurance.

Problem 1. The car had private plate and a few modifications such as tinted glass, light guards and spotlights. We addressed this in a letter to them about the changes and posted it to them before we went on holiday in september.

Problem 2. They have never received the letter and they have all my old details about the car.

Am I about to get bummed by the Insurance company?:(

Comments

• atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    regardless if you have modified your still covered, i was hit a few years back by a "maxpower show car" or so he said regardless he didnt declair the red top engine,bumper mods, side skirts, bonnet vent, spoiler, illegal tints, his insurance still paid out, worse your looking at is a higher premium and a slap on the wrist by your ins co.
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this may help

vaseline.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl:

sorry had to be done, was the letter sent by recorded delivery
    I :love: MOJACAR
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Options
    hartcjhart wrote: »
    was the letter sent by recorded delivery

Of course not ;)
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • King123
    King123 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I am going paranoid because I have read so many articles on the internet, because you forgot or you did not tell the insurance about the mods and they turned around and said the insurance was void!
    Its driving me mad and I should not read anymore articles on the web because I will be commit before the weekend.
  • iamana1ias
    Options
    King123 wrote: »

Now here is the BIG problem and before I start {Yes I am the biggest plonker in the world}. All to do with insurance.

Problem 1. The car had private plate and a few modifications such as tinted glass, light guards and spotlights. We addressed this in a letter to them about the changes and posted it to them before we went on holiday in september.

Problem 2. They have never received the letter and they have all my old details about the car.

Am I about to get bummed by the Insurance company?:(

How are you a plonker if you told the insurer of your mods? Unless of course you didn't, and are now inventing a letter that you supposedly sent................ :think:
  • iamana1ias
    Options
    I am going paranoid because I have read so many articles on the internet, because you forgot or you did not tell the insurance about the mods and they turned around and said the insurance was void!
    Its driving me mad and I should not read anymore articles on the web because I will be commit before the weekend.

When did you add the mods? Who is your insurer? Why did you think a letter (rather than a phonecall) was a good idea?

Were the mods legal, even?
  • King123
    Options
    iamana1ias wrote: »
    How are you a plonker if you told the insurer of your mods? Unless of course you didn't, and are now inventing a letter that you supposedly sent................ :think:

Yeah from an outsides view it looks very dodgy. Only realised about the issuses because of the old insurance certificate and the penny dropped.:mad:
  • King123
    edited 29 November 2010 at 5:27PM
    Options
    iamana1ias wrote: »
    When did you add the mods? Who is your insurer? Why did you think a letter (rather than a phonecall) was a good idea?

Were the mods legal, even?

Just before we went away, Insurer = Admiral. My lass want it to written in black and white {dont know why, dont ask?} and the Mods where legal all genuine parts from the dealer.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    I would have thought that as long as the car was MOT and road worthy there should not be an issue.

However if for example you were running a de-cat, it would (probably?) fail an MOT and therefore your ins company could say it had no valid MOT.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • iamana1ias
    Options
    Just before we went away, Insurer = Admiral. My lass want it to written in black and white {dont know why, dont ask?} and the Mods where legal.

Admiral charge for mods, especially window tints. (I used to work for one of the Admiral insurers - in 6 years I never saw someone declare mods by letter).

What % were the window tints and which windows got done?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family