We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th November 2010

1…8990929495…107

Comments

  • Ok so feeling a bit CBA - waiting for pa-in-law to come over and help with something.............actually it was his idea.......................grrrrrrr...............but have walked teh dogs.

    My house is upside down and i cant start anything until pa in law has been

    I hate waiting

    No little snowmen for me this week :-(
    If you wait for perfect conditions, nothing would ever get done! :T
    I'm not short - I'm condensed awesome! :p
  • huston_kw
    huston_kw Posts: 552 Forumite
    Although I feel I've worked hard my list isn't getting shorter hum.....

    Monday!~ Kitchen and Dining room DONE

    1.Wipe down all the paintwork

    Tuesday ~ Living room, Hallway, stairs!
    Level One
    vacuum sofas!
    Dust and deweb
    Level Two
    Wipe and water plants
    De-fingerprint glass, screens, windows etc
    Clear and wipe firesurround
    Level Three
    Write up your list of preparations for christmas that still need doing!.. presents, wrapping, cards, etc
    Sort coats and bags and shoes and hats and scarves and glubs and wellies..!
    Extras
    1.Wipe hand rails and ALL the doorknobs/handles
    2.Wipe ALL light switches and plug sockets
    3.Wipe window sills and catches.. check they are locked!
    4.Wipe remotes .. they cannot be any cleaner than our germ riddled keyboard!
    Wednesday ~ Bedroom, Landing..!
    Level one
    Level two
    Dust and deweb.. don't forget to do the lightshade
    Polish windows and mirrors and any other glass/mirror
    Level Three!
    Have you written christmas cards yet??? Go finish them off!
    Extras
    1.Dust behind radiators.. sock on a stick!
    2.Pile up the hotspots, or at least some of them and deal with it all
    3.Check you have wrapping paper, sellotape etc.. and other wrapping requirements
    Thursday - Bathroom, Loo & Study
    Level One
    Clear all floors of clutter
    Dejunk pc desk!
    Level Two
    Wash windows
    Wipe all paintwork
    Vacuum/mop all floors
    Level three
    Clean the bath/shower/loo's/basins etc
    Wipe the cup rings and dust off the desk
    Scrub down the tiles
    Extras
    1.Delete 50 unwanted emails
    2.Binbag dance
    3.Write and post christmas cards!!
    Friday ~ Childrens pits, spare or neglected rooms!
    Level One
    Strip , wash and replace bedding
    Spend half an hour on YOU!!!
    Make appointments for your christmas hair do, nail fix, hairy part waxed, fake tan.. whatever you need to do!
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Wash any soft furnishings that need it.. or the duvet!
    Dust and deweb
    Wipe sticky grotmarks from the walls, doors and paintwork
    Extras
    1.Binbag dance
    2.HHI
    3.List 1 item to sell ..
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    :eek: I've just had a look at my little list from earlier - instead of getting on with that, I spend ages digging the car out and clearing half-defrosted ice from outside our front door. Oh well, at least it was a job that needed doing. Time to see to TD/DW/WM and then lunch.

    When I checked on the food I'd left for the birds on Thursday, it had all gone. I left some more, and most of that's gone already.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I howled laughting at this one! Pigpen please please write a book..........................................

    Entitled

    Secret Diary of a Crazy Person?

    I do however suspect DD1 was the source of the tampons.. :p The chest is still feathery.

    Baby sleeping so I am flicking OH from his land of Geek and we WILL make a start on the wrapping.. I LOVE wrapping!

    Oh.. another chuckle for you all..

    The motion sensitive air freshener in the hallway... I anticipated its spray this morning.. I gaily danced down the stairs.. I flicked my pj leg in front swiftly.. and it hasn't got the speediest of reflexes so when it sprayed I had already moved back out of its demonic spray..

    'AHA!!!' I chuckled 'I foiled your dastardly plan to make me smell sweet!'

    Skipped down the step into the backroom...

    And promptly stepped on half a dead mouse... I hadn't seen that coming!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,507 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Afternoon all

    Much milder here today and the little snow we had is almost gone.

    Hex - definitely more birds than usual here too. Heaps blue/great/long tailed t!ts

    Had a bit of a lazy morning, looking at paint charts in bed trying to decide which colour to inflict upon the walls of our bedroom. DH is decorating it starting Boxing Day we have his Dad, sister and neice staying on the 27th so it will be chaos upstairs.

    Going to check my list and then I want to do an hour outside filling log basket, moving pots, cutting greenery for decorations etc before the next chill starts.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Coo-eee! Just thought I'd stick my head around the flylady bar room/coffee shop again after a manic week with snow, long long travel days and the coldest days ever!

    Sooooo glad its the weekend to chill and relax

    The house was a tip with dog hair, mud, leaves, rubbish, books and boxes everywhere and now I have a LR again looking neat and tidy......let me go and find a list from somewhere and see what else there is to do

    How is everyone? Greenbee - I hope you're feeling more positive today (just read that back and meant happier)

    I'm feeling pretty chirpy for a change after getting 3 new tyres on my car and having a lot more grippier car now. Thank goodness after a scary drive day on Tues and then not driving for the next 2 days due to this and the weather conditions. Got a bit obsessed on the Guardian website updating winter chaos. V.enjoyable esp the northern parts saying how not grim it is up north! Too true

    List time.......
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Just having some lunch. I'm shattered as I've been carrying things down from the bedrooms to clear the way for quicker wall painting and the carpets coming Thursday :eek:

    Saturday To-Do
    - Take up bathroom carpet
    - Fix floorboards.
    - Paint Gloss work in DD / Bath / Mine / Hall - all partly done and requiring things to be moved before they're finished & touch up
    - Paint doors in DD room
    - Paint walls in DD room
    - Paint hall walls
    - Put smoke alarm back up
    - Remount Heating timer.

    Decorating To-do: (Italics are not urgent, but need to be done once the rest is done, preferably before the new carpets go in!)
    Paint my bedroom walls
    Paint my bedroom walls again (painting magnolia over blue!)
    Paint hallway again
    Paint bathroom ceiling
    Paint bathroom walls
    Clear surfaces in livingroom
    Fill cracks in ceiling & holes around pipework & any holes in wall from pictures
    Paint ceiling
    Paint walls
    Sugarsoap/sand gloss work in livingroom & kitchen
    Repair floor trim
    Sugarsoap gloss work in livingroom & kitchen
    Paint glosswork
    Paint kitchen ceiling
    Paint kitchen walls

    Monday ~ Kitchen
    Level One
    mop/vacuum floor
    Tuesday ~ Living room, Hallway, stairs!
    Level One
    Clear and vacuum floors and sofas!
    Dust and deweb
    Level Two
    De-fingerprint glass, screens, windows etc
    Level Three

    Check smoke alarms - Put the one on the landing back up after painting the ceiling (downstairs one is already back up)
    Wednesday ~ Bedroom, Landing..
    Level one
    Strip bedding and replace with clean
    Level two
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on the landing
    Dust and deweb
    Polish windows and mirrors and any other glass/mirror
    Level Three
    Have you written christmas cards yet??? Go finish them off!
    Thursday - Bathroom, Loo & Study
    Level One
    Level Two
    Wash windows
    Wipe all paintwork
    Vacuum/mop all floors
    Level three
    Clean the bath/shower/loo's/basins etc
    Scrub down the tiles
    Friday ~ Childrens pits
    Level One
    Strip , wash and replace bedding
    Vacuum the floor
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Wash any soft furnishings that need it.. or the duvet!
    Dust and deweb

    DD is being set tasks to do. ATM she's writing lists for me ;) I'm not getting her to do too much as she's a bit rough today after it being so cold yesterday/last night. :(
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • I have icicles which have been dripping down on to the slabs and then frozen into a pool of ice overnight:eek::eek:

    Now well salted and will leave for a bit before I venture out - feeling very guilty about the paper man when he delivered this morning:o
    Well I went out and tried to clear the ice.
    Still got most of it and now got two sore wrists from using edge of spade to try and chip it away. Put down more salt and given up :(
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Monday ~ Kitchen and Dining room
    Level One
    Declutter and mop/vacuum floor
    Clear and wipe work surfaces
    Level Two
    Wipe units and large appliances
    Give one small appliance a good clean!
    Wipe out the fridge and defrost freezer
    Level Three
    Wipe the table, replace the cloth if needed and dust and deweb!
    Clean through a cupboard
    Extras
    1. Clean the oven and hob
    2. Wipe down all the paintwork
    3. Clean sockets and switches
    4. Dust and deweb
    Tuesday ~ Living room, Hallway, stairs!
    DONE!


    Wednesday ~ Bedroom, Landing..
    Level one
    Declutter the floor of clothing and mess and shoes and everything else!
    Strip bedding and replace with clean
    Level two
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on the landing
    Dust and deweb.. don't forget to do the lightshade
    Polish windows and mirrors and any other glass/mirror
    Level Three
    Fill a binbag of stuff to leave the house.. be it rubbish or clothing or bedding
    Have you written christmas cards yet??? Go finish them off!

    Thursday - Bathroom, Loo & Study
    Level One
    Clear all floors of clutter
    Dejunk pc desk!
    Level Two
    Wash windows
    Wipe all paintwork
    Vacuum/mop all floors
    Level three
    Clean the bath/shower/loo's/basins etc
    Wipe the cup rings and dust off the desk
    Scrub down the tiles
    Extras
    1. Delete 50 unwanted emails
    2. Defrag the pc and run a virus scan/spyware scan
    3. Binbag dance
    4. Write and post christmas cards!!
    Friday ~ Childrens pits, spare or neglected rooms!
    Level One
    Declutter and vacuum the floor
    Level Two
    Sort through a cupboard.. any cupboard, could even be a kitchen one!
    Level Three
    Wash any soft furnishings that need it
    Dust and deweb
    Wipe sticky grotmarks from the walls, doors and paintwork
    Extras
    1. Binbag dance
    2. HHI
    3. List 1 item to sell
    Sparkles list
    Sort drainpipe out and either refit/repair/replace
    Clear out guttering and fit gutterpillars
    Get some wire netting for draincover
    buy paint for kitchen and door
    Sow winter salad
    Tidy up the garden
    Make flavoured coffee
    Make biscotti
    Write Christmas food list

    Emergency Winter Car box - get ready to put it all in the box and in the car
    folding snow shovel
    chocolate and biscuits
    juice cartons [/QUOTE]
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • AnW'sMum
    AnW'sMum Posts: 4,416 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Tadahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    The lights are up

    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D


    They hang outside the front bay window so were easy to do but thanks for the concern hex :)

    Kids have also put the gel window cling things up whilst I single handedly cleared most of the road

    pigpen wrote: »
    I've woken up dead this morning..

    Hmmm an interesting concept! Hope the feathers stop tickling soon ;)

    Just having a late lunch whilst I have caught up.

    Step ladders are released from the garage so I can go up into the loft later.
    Official Mascot and Chief Cheerleader for the 'Mortgage Free in Three' Gang :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.