Hope everyone is safe & cosy

Options

Comments

• ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LP, just checked the Tesco website, deliveries available for Monday... get clicking!!;)
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    No need Ailuro, my dad got my mum to asda and she appeared at my door with fruit, veg, milk cheese etc. Meal will not be fantastic but baked tattie and cheese, baked tattie with tuna, mac cheese etc We should get a few more days out of it. I think hubby will give a determined effort to dig out a car tomorrow, he is a rubbish snow driver which is why they have sat for so long... quite ironic cosiddering he is an HGV driver ;)
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • ailuro2
    Options
    Have been down to Monifieth today from Barnhill, the roads are pretty good condition - it's the 4x4 drivers who think it's OK to hold everyone up while they pick their wife up from the shops then nearly flatten the car behind them when they reverse to travel back from whence they came that's more of a problem...:mad:

Went to the Original Factory shop and got some new boots too - my 22 year old hiking boots have had their day, and DH's Cat boots got binned a few months back so he had no boots at all.

Plenty of food in the shelves in Monifieth Tesco, it was much busier than usual, probably because lazy gits like me who tend to get their big shop delivered have been forced to do it themselves this week.:o
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Schools intending to open in the morning. I'm still unsure as to how safe it is out there, after a terrible struggle along our Rd we went out this afternoon, went to Homebase on the Kingsway to make use of a 20%off voucher. Seems everyone else went to the Kingsway too, it was terrible thought about going to Tesco for supplies but it looked Mental- think I saw poor Tesco staff out marshalling the traffic.
    We saw a spectacular mini avalanche off a roof along Den's Rd luckily there was no one underneath it.
    DD's school is not on a main road so don't know if the roads to it will have been cleared will be listening to the radio in the morning.
    Take care everyone.
    Booo!!!
  • ailuro2
    Options
    Hope your DD got to school OK, Violetta, I think my DD was quite happy to be back at school - only 3 kids missing in her class.:D
  • ailuro2
    Options
    DH was out clearing the van today, saw a council pick up truck coming up the hill - they stopped and asked if he needed any grit, thought that was rather nice of them. :D He'd already got enough from the grit bin down the road so thanked them kindly.

Well done Dundee council, they've been doing a grand job round here. I know some of the side streets haven't had much done to them, I'm very glad we are next to a school, otherwise I know we'd not be so lucky.:o
  • Violetta_2
    Options
    I have to say we are not so lucky where we are ailuro , dd has gotten to school but it has been a treacherous journey nothing has been done to the roads by her school so the compacted ice & snow is several inches thick hubby took her yesterday & I did today, not sure I can face it again tomorrow it's just so icy, council say it's not a priority???
    Sorry to sound so negative I'm a bit done in with it all.
    Booo!!!
  • globetraveller
    Options
    It is tiring isn't it? And I was looking forward to 8 degrees tropical heat on Saturday. Now I'm hearing its only a brief respite and then back to heavy snow and icey conditions up till Xmas:eek:
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • Violetta_2
    Options
    Oh & if anyone spot's some cozy snowboots (size 1) for dd I'd be grateful if you'd let me know,tried 4 shop's today & they just said no- we have wellies. She has wellies & even with tight's & sock's on her tootsies were still frozen.
    Booo!!!
  • The_One_Who
    The_One_Who Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I take it you have looked in places like Millets, Blacks, Tiso? Or have you tried getting her a pair of proper walking socks, or maybe those 'welly socks' that have come about?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure