This debt must go

Options

Comments

• Kepp
    Kepp Posts: 4,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excellent, love a good charity shop bargain :)
    Debt at LBM Apr 2010 £28,767 Debt free as of Nov 2013 :j
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    not in work til 4pm today but had to drive to the office for a meeting with the NVQ external verifier. went okay and my assessor told me that i've finished quite a few units and haven't got much left which is really good as I was starting to feel that i wasn't getting anywhere with it

I have done the washing here and got it on the line so hopefully it'll dry as it's sunny and a bit windy so perfect line drying weather i think. The ironing will get done tomorrow when I'm off.

I have listed some bits on eb*y and signed up for a stall at a local carnival in august. hopefully it will work on two levels - bringing in some extra cash and getting rid of stuff I have made and are hanging around in boxes

not much happening here on the money front. DH got paid yesterday but lost his wallet so spend last night cancelling his cards. He needs to go on online banking this evening and move some money around as well as checking that no money has come out of his account. he should be able to move some money to his c/c which should hopefully almost clear the mint card
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • **Kat**_2
    **Kat**_2 Posts: 969 Forumite
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking - what are you doing your NVQ in?

Well done on the dress find - I love it when that happens can't beat a good cause bargain!
    Loan - [STRIKE]£6991.95[/STRIKE]£6180.01; Barclays Res - [STRIKE]£600[/STRIKE] £0 - £22 per week :eek:, NWB Grad O/D - [STRIKE]£1185[/STRIKE] £887.86 18.28% SWALEC - [STRIKE]£700[/STRIKE] £0 NPOWER [STRIKE]£220[/STRIKE] £0 Kays - [STRIKE]£591.28[/STRIKE] £0 TOTAL DEBT - [STRIKE]£10,288.23[/STRIKE] £7,000.01 31.96 % Paid off. BS Fund - £1 Savings Fund - £41.17 % Challenge Member 1
  • starnac
    Options
    **Kat** wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking - what are you doing your NVQ in?

It's in Health and Social Care.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • **Kat**_2
    Options
    Cool! That sounds like a very rewarding career - children or adults? Anything like that would have to be for the children with me, I am not that patient with adults I have to admit.
    Loan - [STRIKE]£6991.95[/STRIKE]£6180.01; Barclays Res - [STRIKE]£600[/STRIKE] £0 - £22 per week :eek:, NWB Grad O/D - [STRIKE]£1185[/STRIKE] £887.86 18.28% SWALEC - [STRIKE]£700[/STRIKE] £0 NPOWER [STRIKE]£220[/STRIKE] £0 Kays - [STRIKE]£591.28[/STRIKE] £0 TOTAL DEBT - [STRIKE]£10,288.23[/STRIKE] £7,000.01 31.96 % Paid off. BS Fund - £1 Savings Fund - £41.17 % Challenge Member 1
  • starnac
    Options
    I work with adults. I am def more patient now than I used to be which helped a lot when I had DD as I am much more patient with her than I would have been if I hadn't done this job
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • **Kat**_2
    Options
    Must be so rewarding though - one thing I am determined to do once in my life is a job I WANT to do rather than one I HAVE to do.
  • starnac
    Options
    **Kat** wrote: »
    Must be so rewarding though - one thing I am determined to do once in my life is a job I WANT to do rather than one I HAVE to do.

It can be rewarding but it's hard work. Plus I sometimes feel like I have no time to myself cos I'm doing the same things over and over. For instance last week I spent a lot of time at work doing the client's ironing for them only to come home and have to do my own. That can be a bit annoying cos you think "I've just cleared one lot of ironing" but I do love my job (must of the time ;) )

Had some listings finishing on eb*y last night and sold something so packaged that up and posted. Need to relist the things that didn't sell and list some more stuff. It's nice to get rid of things i don't use and make some moeny although listing can be such a pain in the backside.

I'm going to get DH to pay off his c/c tonight. He said the other day that he couldn't cos he had to cancel all his cards when he lost his wallet but I had a brainwave and he can move the money into the joint account and use my card to pay it off. So that can be one of his first jobs when he comes home later. Can't wait to see that gone.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    Options
    and the mint card is gone :j
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200