MSE News: New cheapest landline rental from Primus Saver

Former_MSE_Guy
Former_MSE_Guy Posts: 1,650 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 22 November 2010 at 6:04PM in Phones & TV
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The Home Phone Saver deal comes with unlimited evening and weekend calls to UK landlines, beating BT's prices ..."

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    The timing of the below suggests you were beaten to it MSE Guy:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2878642
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    The 10.5p connection charge is a bit steep if you make a lot of short calls or get answerphones. I assume you only need to pay the overide connection charge (instead of in addition to) if you use one of these?
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    10.50p - is a one off charge and applies to all non-inclusive landline calls.

And this means....?
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • jojonic
    jojonic Posts: 163 Forumite
    Fortunately for us we're routing all our calls over Virgin who have just negotiated unlimited calls and broadband for £15 a month, so hopefully wont be stung by Primus connection charges...
    Stuck in a hole :(:(:( Just a step from getting out
  • O2's standard line rental is only £7.50 so you haven't been looking very hard if you think £7.99 is the cheapest.
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    jojonic wrote: »
    Fortunately for us we're routing all our calls over Virgin who have just negotiated unlimited calls and broadband for £15 a month, so hopefully wont be stung by Primus connection charges...

You cant have Primus Line Rental and have your calls with another supplier.Only BT allow you to do that.
  • OldGreyFox
    bylromarha wrote: »
    10.50p - is a one off charge and applies to all non-inclusive landline calls.

And this means....?

It means all calls other then the inclusive evening and weekend calls will incur a connection charge.;)
  • OldGreyFox
    O2's standard line rental is only £7.50 so you haven't been looking very hard if you think £7.99 is the cheapest.

Yes but O2 homephone is only available to O2 broadband customers,and is £9.50 a month with inclusive E&W Calls.
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    OldGreyFox wrote: »
    You cant have Primus Line Rental and have your calls with another supplier.Only BT allow you to do that.

What do you mean, surely you can overide?

I do with Pipex anyway.
  • OldGreyFox wrote: »
    Yes but O2 homephone is only available to O2 broadband customers,and is £9.50 a month with inclusive E&W Calls.

I don't use the landline to make calls at all, so for just line rental o2 are the cheapest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure