We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thread Wednesday 17th Nov
Comments
-
WOOHOOOOOOOO!
Just been pm'd that I have nabbed a copy of Eat well, Spend Less book and it should be here just in time for Christmas. I am chuffed to bits cos I am not usually lucky :j:j:j:j:jBlessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!0 -
-
Well done BB
I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
Evening all!
i hope you've all had a lovely day, birthday wishes to sister--and i hope the anti-biotics are doing the trick Jackie?
We went to my wife's uncle and aunt's with her parents!! the old folk sat around depressing everyone with tales of their illness-i am so glad i dont understand Turkish. My wife was getting all shakey with upset. İt wasnt aided by the pictures around the place of all the 'past on' people!-why do old people do that!!??--My parents dont back in the uk and they never mention their ailments !
We just had a lovely Turkish roast meal and my wife added her individuality by putting spaghetti with it!-heavens know the calorie intake so it wiill definately mean the gym for me tomorrow--sounds familiar doesnt it!!
A quiet evening, i will treat the wife to a bit of football later and be asleep by 10,30! football starts at 9,45 here which means i am ready for my knap!!--i am an old man before you ask lol--my wife likes it because she gets control of the zapper and by the time i wake up they are showing more football and she is asleep--we eventually crawl up to bed about 3am and life goes on!!--it is a holiday!
Anyway i hope you enjoy whatever your doing and speak tomorrow!Gxxmfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0 -
:jWell done BB, I just received an e-mail saying I had won one too and like you I'm not usually lucky:j :j :j0
-
Lamewolf, your post made me chuckle,
Hugs Hester
Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.0 -
Bitsy_Beans wrote: »I don't think they are more uncomfortabel, TBH they were always too big for him which is why we've got away with it for so long.
I am just having a low point, every day there's been something that's resulted in a big meltdown, either before school or in the evening and i am finding it hard to deal with. Just wish he could really tell me what was bothering him, I think that's the thing I am struggling with most.
I heard the tip to not crying is to look up but I am sure you won't show yourself up, no one will mind anyway. Goodness at one of my family's weddings not only was the bride crying but the grooms sisters who were bridesmaids were blubbing too :eek: You won't have forgotten anything on the day it won't really matter anyway.
Hi Bitsy,
Have you thought about other mediums for him to express his emotions? Maybe pictures/ signs denoting emotions, puppets, computer. I remember using them when i was an OT many years ago when communicating with children in school. I dont remember the name but know they exist. Hugs xI must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.0 -
Happy Birthday Sistercas
Thanks for all the congrats on the job, i know i'm lucky, not many people get away with only a week of unemployment!
I didn't post much earlier as we got given some champers and i got a bit tiddly last night and felt sick as a dog today, couldn't get out of bed till 2!!! Managed to clean the kitchen and have a bath, all in all a very wasted day! OH is currently cooking me my dinner
Not drinking again till OH's birthday next week - not sure if i should ask for the time off work or celebrate OH's birthday with him on the weekend instead, money's money at the end of the day and we can spend the day together at least.Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
Debt payments 2012 £433.270 -
Evening all
Happy birthday Sistercas - hope you've had a good day!
Well done Bramble!
Well we survived the flood :rotfl: the water did breach 2 areas though, the gents loo and our storecupboard as these are lower than the rest of our space. The gents loo had 6inches of water on the floor! :eek: The carpet is ruined. Luckily I'd moved everything out of the storecupboard first thing so that is ok. We work out of a council property and they had to get people in to suck up the water as the manholes were full to the brim!
I had uni this afternoon. I only had to observe the 2nd half of class's micro-teaching sessions so it was an easy class,a nd we finished at 5!
I need to sort stuff out ready for tomorrow. I have the afternoon off as I'm going out for lunch with the girls to a posh local hotel. But in the evening I have to go to a work's event - an award ceremony - in Cardiff, which is an hour away. Luckily one of my colleagues is driving us all up (the whole office is going!) and collecting me enroute. But it means I can only have a small glass of wine at lunch :mad: boo!
Have a good evening all
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
Evening All
Not been on for a while, didn't think I had much to bring to the party IYSWIM! Sorry some of you are having a bad time, all this talk of dentists reminds me that I need to go. Had root canal treatment on an aching tooth a while ago and the ache then came back. Went back to see the dentist who informed me that 'we must have treated the wrong tooth'!! Where the 'we' came from I have no idea but I don't have any faith left in that dentist so really should look for another. Will probably wait until the toothache gets bad again! Hope all your choppers are getting better now.
DD still in Oz, she was a little tearful last week as I think the honeymoon period is over and work is 'boring'. Had a good long chat with her and said she should give it more than 6 weeks, the homesickness would probably pass and christmas would be here soon. DS1 and GF going out to see her at christmas (I couldn't get enough time off work). I paid for their flights which means that they wont get any xmas gifts for the next 10 years!!! DS2 now settled back in Edinburgh and saw his flat at the weekend - a major improvement on the last one!
Still not used my tumble drier as washing seems to dry on the rack more or less overnight as the fire dies down. Been much better at cooking fresh hm meals for myself and trying to get a bit more motivated generally.
Bramble, well done for getting the job, JackieO can you send a picture of your SILs face when you give him his pressie? Bitsy - have you tried social stories with DS before something happens?
Sorry if I have missed anyone, hugs to you all.
Take care, XX0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
