We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Thread Wednesday 17th Nov

2456

Comments

  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    i forgot to say get well Jackieg from your tooth problems--i still have sore teeth after my recent work--i had swollen cheeks and pain all over my mouth just from a tooth the dentist couldnt see was faulty without an x-ray---heavens knows why they perform root canal filling when normals ones are available??
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • Morning All.

    de1amo, I blame you, you started all talk of the dentist! :p Had a really bad sleepless night, my face is not quite as swollen as yesterday I think, but my eyes now match it :D Thanks for the well wishes, hopefully it won't be too horrific!!!

    Dazi I would be livid if I was your friend - what a rotter to do that, but she should have checked with him beforehand. Still can't believe you walked though. :( to see me. The house is still a tip, I slept most of the day yesterday, out of my face on cocodamol, so need to have a rush round and get it respectable looking, so not in the mood for that!

    Be back later with proper comments, there's a few things I wanted to say but I am still fuzzy :o

    I am busy this morning, my manager is coming out
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    cheapskate, lots of us here are bogged down for the same reasons but we're all here to help :)

    Morning all! No better way than to start a horrible cold day like this than with a bowl of porridge and a cuppa! I'm off to uni in a bit, got a lecture then lots of work to do! Have good, windy days everyone :D
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Geebee
    Geebee Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning my lovelies

    OK you lot think of me whilst I play in the woods with the kids this morning in this weather :eek::eek::eek:

    Feeling stressed about DS, yet more tantrums this morning about wearing a pair of long johns under his jeans. He won't wear jogging bottoms and jeans will not be warm enough for Forest School. He's kicking off constantly at the moment I and just don't know what to do. Is it his ASD or is he turning into a brat :o:( Feel like a very bad mummy thinking that :(
    Anyway enough moaning from me, nowt anyone can do. Will ask as school to see if routine has changed (as in gearing up for Xmas production - he's always worse this time of year) which would account for his behaviour.

    Tea tonight will be makeshift as I have tap class. Not been for about 3 weeks :eek:

    Want to sit and go through my meal planner again. Not cooking a number of items as I don't fancy the meals anymore so will have a nose in cook books for inspiration of new things to try.
    Not sure what else will get done but at least I made cheese straws and weetabix brownies yesterday.

    JC - sorry about the job xx

    cheapskate - I know it's a long shot but have you tried asking on freecycle for a bed? Would that at least help you out until you could save for another one? Sorry about your money worries xx

    JackieG - Hope dentist sorts you out today xx

    Sorry gotta dash.
    Hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Have a good day OS or not.

    Hi Bitsy Beans...

    I am assuming (correct me if i'm wrong) that your son has some sensory problems?.. perhaps he doesnt like the heat, or the fabric of what you are asking him to wear. My son will point blank refuse to wear jeans, he hates the feel of them, he likes softer fabric, joggers etc BUT he hates the heat and joggers are usually quite warm.:eek: so finding clothes that are comfortable is a nightmare. He will run around all winter long in T~shirts if i let him. This is just my opinion but in my experience ~ and my son is way older than yours ~ i would let him go just in the jeans. It may just be too warm or too uncomfortable for your DS to wear long johns and jeans.

    It's very tricky as a parent, i remember the times when my DS would not put a glove or scarf near him and i felt so bad as though i wasnt giving him gloves to wear!. He still doesnt wear those things but i've given up worrying now ~ its pointless and just gets me upset ~ when he really doesnt feel the cold so is no worse for wear because of it.

    GB. :)
    If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them~Dalai Lama
    How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours~Wayne Dyer
    Let none find fault in others. Let none see omissions and commissions in others. But let one see one's own acts, done and undone~ch4 vs50
  • Loulou2010
    Loulou2010 Posts: 13,245 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2010 at 10:04AM
    morning all - hope everyone is well

    bit of a busy day today. ds has to be weighed today and got to have chat with the health visitor re ds' bad tummy. hopefully she can give a bit more advice as the gp wasnt the most helpful.

    then i have an appointment at 2. ds needs to be dropped at nursery before that.

    i'm trying to come up with a meal plan. but its proving to be a nightmare. i'm fussy, ds cant have lactose (have been surprised by how much stuff has lactose in!) and alan says hmmm to everything i suggest! we normally end up cooking 2/3 different meals every night :o

    i have some flapjacks to make and want to make an apple sponge for ds to have with some (diary free) custard. he loves it at nursery so going to give it a go. other than that the dw has been on and emptied and the washing machine is going as we speak.

    have a good day everyone!

    ETA whats the difference between condensed and evaporated milk? does it make a difference? :o
    "I have learnt that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one"
    "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
    Maya Angelou
  • Morning all

    Horrific weather here :( I got to work this morning and we are almost flooded :eek: I work in the basement of a building but it has a 'moat' style bit around it so we are ground level IYKWIM. The 'moat' has almost a foot of water in it! It's going to breach our doors we think :eek: I've moved all important docs and stuff to table from ground level and we just have to keep an eye on it!

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 November 2010 at 11:03AM
    Morning all wet'n'windy here and more forecast Brr winter really is here with avengance. just got back from the school run and have DGD to take to college at 10.30 so time for a quick cuppa then I'm off again.
    Eldest DD has a course locally to me so she will pop in at lunchtime for some 'strangled' eggs as they have been her favourite since she was a little girl.The this afternoon I shall put my trotters up and do some knitting and watch some t.v. in the warm as I have no shopping to get or any inclination to go near a shop just yet.Hope you all have a good day and keep wrapped up warmly.For thoose of you in Cornwall I hope you haven't been flooded out .Son-in-laws Pa &Step Mum live in St Austell, but we haven't heard from them so they must be O.K.
    Take care all
    JackieO xx

    P.S. Nice to see William being OS and giving Kate his Mums engagement ring :):)
    seriously I think its lovely and I wish them all the best in the future, they seem to be a very sensible pair of young folk, and it will be nice to have something to be cheerful about.I saw on t.v. some miserable old goat moaning away , and thought why can't folk just smile and be happy for once
    P.P.S. Just had my gas and electric bill in and am pleasantly suprised, £47 odd for gas, and £39 odd for electric so lots of credit in the G & E EDF accounts building up in case of a hard winter.I have found by only putting my heating on for an hour at a time as and when needed I have saved quite a bit from when it was on timed.Plus my Remoska has paid for itself as I don't need the big oven on all the time
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Morning all...................((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

    Another nasty wet dull dank, day, the wind is blowing a hoolie yet again!! getting fed up with it now........

    BM is on with a wholemeal loaf, its the first 100% wholemeal I have made, usually fo 75% so interesting to see how it turns out.

    Quilting group this afternoon, I have to drop OH's monitor into the hospital, get a trap for little furry friend and go to Tesco for a few bits I need. So will not be back until its dark....uuuugggghhhhhh....do not like driving in the dark.

    OH is talking about gettin up for his breakfast tomorrow, we will see, its blooming cold in the sitting room even with the radiator going, so will be cleaning out and lighting the fir a little later, Hope OH keep an eye on it whilst I am out, otherwise I will come home to a cold sitting room.

    Off to wash up.....and get my second slug of coffee.....
    s out.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • Lou condensed milk os thick and sticky and very sweet and can be made into caramel, evaporated milk is think and runny and tastes like really sweet creamy milk. Whatcha makin'?
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Afternoon all
    Cold here today and heating has broken a friend looks after it and we have been asking him to deal with it since the summer but guess what:o
    Dinner is sausage n mash with onion gravy
    Not been posting much either money woories here as well just makes you feel down from the min you get up till you go to bed still got to drag myself out of this
    Right ironing to be done hurrah
    hugs to all those who need one have a good day
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.