We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thread Wednesday 17th Nov
Comments
-
Wash in Mr T this morning.....only because I had a €10 voucher that has to be used this week, got nice looking piece of belly fluff which is slowly roasting for dinner....
Marie
Now Marie, I know you're mean, but would it not have been cheaper showering at home.....and I'm sure a bit of pork or something like that for dinner would have been much nicer!

:rotfl: It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0 -
*Hobbles in*
*Looks at clock and panics*
*Places large pile of good wishes and posi-vibes tidily on the table*
*Hobbles towards door*
*Falls flat on face*
*Picks self up, mutters about imaginary matchsticks left on floor and hobbles out*
:D:D:D:D If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)0 -
afternoon all! I got the temping job! Start tomorrow! got 2 interviews in the day too so will be out from about 8:30 till 11:30 tomorrow night! will be nice to earn some cash though
Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
Debt payments 2012 £433.270 -
Congratulations bramble :TBlessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!0 -
JackieG....stop taking those tablets, they are obviously affecting your eyesight!!
Forgot to say earlier...happy birthday Sistercas.
MarieWeight 08 February 86kg0 -
Well done Bramble, you'll have three offers on the table before you know it!

It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0 -
jackieglasgow wrote: »Happy Birthday sistercas, hope the rest of your day is bonny. Hugs for NPM and Bitsy, these boys of ours, what are they like? Although I have to say, I think I have gotten off lightly with mine compared to some of the stories I hear. Think how much worse your lives would be without them. Bitsy would it not be worth buying him waterproof trousers or ski salopettes to wear OVER his jeans instead? That shop I sent you the link for on FB does lots of different combos, and their thermal snowboard stuff is very reasonable too, if you are looking for underclothing insulation. In fact, I might still have a pair of salopettes kicking around, I'll have a look, and if so, he's welcome to them.
cAn't remember what else I wanted to say, I am pretty fuzzy with painkillers
I haven't been taking them for my back for a while as I was worried about becoming relisnt on them, but now that I am using them, the diference in my back pain is amazing, I think I was grinning and bearing a bit too much, no wonder I haven't been well. Naughty Jackie!!
He's got some waterproof ones that he won't wear :cool: Actually the school provide a waterproof coat and overtrousers but because they are thin and purely for the damp they don't provide any warmth. thank you so much for your offer though.
Hope Anti B's get to work soon, we need you fit and well for 22nd Jan
bramble - Well done :T:T:T:T
sistercas - I am sorry I appear in my self pitying wallow to have neglected the fact that it's your birthday
Very sorry for the oversight and a :beer: happy birthday from me. I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
*Hobbles in*
*Looks at clock and panics*
*Places large pile of good wishes and posi-vibes tidily on the table*
*Hobbles towards door*
*Falls flat on face*
*Picks self up, mutters about imaginary matchsticks left on floor and hobbles out*
:D:D:D:D
:rotfl: :rotfl:
I know a bit about hobbling atm, i`ve been down the garden in the rain putting a huge plant that Mum brought me a few days ago into a big oak half barrel! I`d forgotten about it and left it in a giant plastic sack in the greenhouse and then suddenly remembered it and panicked in case it had died. It looks fine now but i`m aching a good bit.
Sistercas - Happy Birthday :bdaycake: enjoy yourself tonight!
JackieG - Glad to hear that you`ve got some pain relief at last, hopefully things are on the up from now on.
Tired mum - (((HUGS))) Hope that your heating is fixed sharpish.
Bramble - Woohooo!!!!!!:j:j
Well i`m bushed and its almost dark already :eek:
I popped to the shops for some herbs and spices that i`d run out of and then to the cleaners. The woofaloes were walked before hand and they`re both still fast asleep now - can`t be bad can it.
I`ve spent most of the afternoon filtering 6 demi johns of wine and starting off some more coffee wine. I said that i wasn`t going to make any more of the coffee one as it was a bit explosive lol and it almost went down the sink anyway as it tasted vile earlier on but after about 14 weeks it turned into the most gorgeous drink so i`m making some more. It ended up costing about £1.50 for just under 5 bottles and tasted like a kinda sherry so i`m impressed.
The chutney is simmering away in the slow cooker, its not evaporating very quickly at all so that will be on the go into the night i think. Just need to wash some pots and clean the kitchen then i can have a nice hot shower before i start the tea. I`m not really sure what time DH will be home as this is his first day in a new job so i`ll leave it until quite late to pop the oven on. Roast seasoned chicken thighs and chips for tea, not sure what to have with it so maybe beans for a change. The tiny fryer that i noticed someone post a link to on the takeaway secret thread is becoming very bad for my waistline
Not had real chips for years and now i can`t stop eating them 
Back into the kitchen i go
Enjoy your evening peeps :wave:
SDPlanning on starting the GC again soon
0 -
Afternoon all
Happy Birthday Sistercas:beer:
(((Hugs))) Bitsy, JackieG and others under the weather or just feeling like they need one!
I really think there must be something in the weather regarding teeth as I have broken one of mine today, one of the double ones at the bottom:eek: Now it isn't actually hurting as yet but has a big hole in it and when I rang the Dentist he has given me an appointment for 9th December:eek::eek::eek: I have to ring back if it starts to give me a lot of pain, talk about shutting the door after the horse has bolted!!!
Glad to have finished work, tomorrow is my day off thank goodness. I have just had some wool delivered that I ordered online so I can start my second scarf now, this could become addictive!
Tea is LO mince and veg which I have turned into a curry, with rice. Wm loaded ready to turn on overnight, floors swept and wiped - thank goodness for laminate floors in this weather with a puppy who seems to love splashing in puddles and mud!
Right off to do a few more jobs before I sit down to chill for the evening. Hope you all have a relaxing evening.
x"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!0 -
Hello Everybody!
Happy Birthday Sistercas.
Kind thoughts and hugs to all who need them especially poorlies and people who are feeling worried or sad.
Well we are still decorating and the singing plasterer was here again today. He has been tiling the bathroom- refurb- not new bathroom
. He is full of OS tips to save us money and his advice is very welcome. He is going to put new shiny waste thingies on the bath and sink to make us look smart.
He is also finding us a bit of masonry paint and will paint the inside of our porch and he thinks he has some floor paint too. Over the years we have tried everything in the porch, viynl, carpet, cork tiles....Oh and he is going to replace the washers on our upvc front door as it had dropped slightly. I think he had better just move in.......
Chicken curry tonight and then OH and DS will be emulsioning DS's bedroom. We haven't had ours skimmed as I don't know where we'd sleep.....no rellies nearby to put us up. DS still on put u up in sitting room. Carpets arriving Monday :j nearly done...oh I forgot topcoat to do in kitchen but we are prioritising DS's bedroom.
Doing 10 years worth of decorating in a couple of weeks not funny-don't try this at home peeps!
Whoops you got my lifestory!
Take care
Gintot"It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards