We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thread Wednesday 17th Nov
Comments
-
Afternoon all,
Haven't been in for a while, combination of black dog, arthritis, sciatica & some sort of virus which has left me well out of sorts
but have been trying to keep up & you are all in my thoughts.
DS(15) has an abcess on his tooth :eek: is there something in the air??
Was up all night with him last night & felt so bad, he was obviously in so much pain & there was nothing I could do except give him pain killers, hot bot & company. It's times like this that I realise that for all his height & swagger he is still my little boy. Fortunately managed to get an appt with his dentist for today & his dad drove over to pick him up & take him & because he can't go to school while taking antibiotics he is going back to stay with his dad till Sunday. Made a wholemeal loaf, a lemon drizzle cake & a rock cake traybake for him to take with him & he also took some hm soup from the freezer so hopefully he won't be costing his dad too much to keep him
.
DD is at work & DP is off chasing up the chance of some work, so am going to load baking stuff into dw, heat some hm soup to have with my 1 slice of bread I was allowed to keep
& then I think an afternoon nap is in order.
Hugs & spoons to all in need (especially the toofypeg brigade)
Keep Warm everyone x
JaxxSometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)
It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!0 -
Hi all
Thank you for all your kind words about the stress I am under with DS......you are all:A
He is on a school trip today to Kelham Island museum. He really didnt want to go and I couldnt even get him dressed never mind walked to school. I phoned school to say he wouldnt be coming and apologise. After a chat with his teacher we decided to get his one to one helper to come in the car and get him:eek:.....he wasn`t happy at first but then went into a panic about them seeing him crying in his pants and got ready and went with them. They have just phoned and he is currently dressed as a steelworker and enjoying it:rotfl:
Still do not know what is going to be sorted at school as SENCO not got back to me yet:mad:...have emailed LEA about getting more support hours for him.
Bitsy DS finds it hard at this time of year as the school routine changes so much and everything is different at home with Xmas coming. I wouldnt worry too much about the long johns.....many ASD kids get over hot and dont like wearing too many layers...DS hates it! He wears long sleeved t shirts but will not tolerate big jumpers or sweaters and he is funny about textures of clothes and labels. He probably won`t be feeling the cold as much as you think.
OH working late each night this week to scrape together enough to pay for wedding without using credit card....needs to be paid by next Thurs.....and should have it all by then:T
Just about to make beef curry for tea and sausage toad for DS.
Hugs to all in need as not kept up with thread last 2 days as been at work
xx0 -
Hi Bitsy Beans...
I am assuming (correct me if i'm wrong) that your son has some sensory problems?.. perhaps he doesnt like the heat, or the fabric of what you are asking him to wear. My son will point blank refuse to wear jeans, he hates the feel of them, he likes softer fabric, joggers etc BUT he hates the heat and joggers are usually quite warm.:eek: so finding clothes that are comfortable is a nightmare. He will run around all winter long in T~shirts if i let him. This is just my opinion but in my experience ~ and my son is way older than yours ~ i would let him go just in the jeans. It may just be too warm or too uncomfortable for your DS to wear long johns and jeans.
It's very tricky as a parent, i remember the times when my DS would not put a glove or scarf near him and i felt so bad as though i wasnt giving him gloves to wear!. He still doesnt wear those things but i've given up worrying now ~ its pointless and just gets me upset ~ when he really doesnt feel the cold so is no worse for wear because of it.
GB.
NoahsPennilessMummy wrote: »Bitsy DS finds it hard at this time of year as the school routine changes so much and everything is different at home with Xmas coming. I wouldnt worry too much about the long johns.....many ASD kids get over hot and dont like wearing too many layers...DS hates it! He wears long sleeved t shirts but will not tolerate big jumpers or sweaters and he is funny about textures of clothes and labels. He probably won`t be feeling the cold as much as you think.
OH working late each night this week to scrape together enough to pay for wedding without using credit card....needs to be paid by next Thurs.....and should have it all by then:T
Just about to make beef curry for tea and sausage toad for DS.
Hugs to all in need as not kept up with thread last 2 days as been at work
xx
Well I am back and it was sodding freezing in the woods this morning. DS doesn't have sensory issues as such and these long johns are the same ones he's worn for the last 3 years. this is what I find so hard to factor - stuff he's worn before is suddenly a major issue.
I am glad he finally wore them even under duress because all the kids complained of the cold, even DS who normally never mentions being cold :eek: I spoke to his teacher to see if anything has changed routine wise and the only thing this week is she wasn't in during the mornings so I still don't know. I ask him and he just talks rubbish - like he's too tall, stuff like that. He can't articulate stuff like that so I guess we'll have to muddle through. I just feel so useless that I can't do anything to help him. TBH just thinking about it all is making me cry so I am going to just talk about something else.
Am having apple pie and custard to warm me through as I feel cold and damp after forest schools.
tired mum - sorry you've got money worries too. Hope things improve for you.
NPM - :mad: @ the SENCO for getting back to you. Glad Noah is having a good time after all :T and well done for not paying for the wedding on the CC :T Can't believe it's only a few weeks away. Are you nervous?
Anyway need to get the house straight, wash up, put on some washing and look at my recipe books.I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
Bitsy, sorry you are feeling so crappy about DS. I can beat myself up big time about DS so I know how you feel. It is awful feeling so helpless but sometimes there is nothing you can do..it is one thing after another and any little change sets them off. Has he grown and it is making the long johns more uncomfortable? Just trying to figure out why he suddenly doesnt want them on.
Yes 3 weeks to wedding:eek: am not nervous as such....very relaxed which makes me feel like I have forgotten something:rotfl:....the only thing I am worried about is getting in a state and crying and showing myself up:o0 -
late on today but its my birthday and Dmum has given me some money, so i have been in meadowhell shopping :eek: its absolutely heaving , glad i went early , anyway managed to get a top for a do at the weekend for DB 50th birthday and i picked up a top and trousers for the works xmas do :j
going to have some lunch now ( left over bolognaise ) and have a look at the camera DH has bought me
out tonight at DD1's GCSE ceremony
((( hugs))) to those who need
have a good day all0 -
Afternoon All
Cold, grey, breezy and dank here today. Even DH came in complaining that he was cold which is not like him.
Happy Birthday Sistercass :bdaycake:
NPM... I had the same problem with Senco's - the trouble is that most of them have teaching duties which get in the way of the SEN's. At least Noah's one to one teacher seems to be on the ball.
JC.... Sorry you didn't get the job
I hope the scan goes well ((((Hugs))))
Bitsy... I found that with my DS not to fight it. I just let him get on with it, if he was cold that was down to him. I know it sounds harsh but he only ever did it the once and agreed after that that Mum knew best.
cheapskate, We have all been there hun if there is anything that is worrying you or you need cheap filling meals etc there are plenty of us who are willing to help (((((((((Hugs)))))))
Jackie (((((((Hugs))))))) there isn't much worse than toothache
Jaxx46 ((((((((Hugs))))))) to DS for the same reason x
Bought the "How to train your dragon" DVD on Monday and the whole family absolutely love it.
All the housework is done and I have the afternoon to do some knitting
Dinner tonight is meatballs and pasta.
Well I am off to make DH a cuppa
Keep warm and safe xBlessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!0 -
NoahsPennilessMummy wrote: »Bitsy, sorry you are feeling so crappy about DS. I can beat myself up big time about DS so I know how you feel. It is awful feeling so helpless but sometimes there is nothing you can do..it is one thing after another and any little change sets them off. Has he grown and it is making the long johns more uncomfortable? Just trying to figure out why he suddenly doesnt want them on.
Yes 3 weeks to wedding:eek: am not nervous as such....very relaxed which makes me feel like I have forgotten something:rotfl:....the only thing I am worried about is getting in a state and crying and showing myself up:o
I don't think they are more uncomfortabel, TBH they were always too big for him which is why we've got away with it for so long.
I am just having a low point, every day there's been something that's resulted in a big meltdown, either before school or in the evening and i am finding it hard to deal with. Just wish he could really tell me what was bothering him, I think that's the thing I am struggling with most.
I heard the tip to not crying is to look up but I am sure you won't show yourself up, no one will mind anyway. Goodness at one of my family's weddings not only was the bride crying but the grooms sisters who were bridesmaids were blubbing too :eek: You won't have forgotten anything on the day it won't really matter anyway.I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
ARGHHH! Oh the drama! I've just received an email inviting me to be interviewed for a very attractive pharmaceuticals placement, but it's next week. I have an exam that day and the day after, it means sitting the one exam four days early(so i'll have only three days to prepare!), travelling all the way across london into kent in rush hour and i'm not even sure i want the placement! My brain needs some air!! I have no idea what to do!
I need an irish coffee, many many irish coffees, but normal will have to do as whiskey will not help me focus on maths
Living cheap in central London :rotfl:0 -
Well, back from the dentist with antibiotics is hand, my lovely sister took me as I wasn't sure if the dentist would do any work, and I needed my hand held
She x rayed it and I've to go back and see my own person next week once the antibs have worked. This is my third lot in about four weeks!!!! I wish my skin reflected how many I have consumed 
Happy Birthday sistercas, hope the rest of your day is bonny. Hugs for NPM and Bitsy, these boys of ours, what are they like? Although I have to say, I think I have gotten off lightly with mine compared to some of the stories I hear. Think how much worse your lives would be without them. Bitsy would it not be worth buying him waterproof trousers or ski salopettes to wear OVER his jeans instead? That shop I sent you the link for on FB does lots of different combos, and their thermal snowboard stuff is very reasonable too, if you are looking for underclothing insulation. In fact, I might still have a pair of salopettes kicking around, I'll have a look, and if so, he's welcome to them.
cAn't remember what else I wanted to say, I am pretty fuzzy with painkillers
I haven't been taking them for my back for a while as I was worried about becoming relisnt on them, but now that I am using them, the diference in my back pain is amazing, I think I was grinning and bearing a bit too much, no wonder I haven't been well. Naughty Jackie!!
Have a good afternoon. Oh - OS is making HM veggie burgers and roasted veg for dinner. :DxxxIt's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0 -
Afternoon all,
Sunny here so far to-day but more rain and wind promised.....wonderful! Have put some sweaters out for a blow, will speed up drying process.
Wash in Mr T this morning.....only because I had a €10 voucher that has to be used this week, got nice looking piece of belly pork which is slowly roasting for dinner....will do some onions, carrots and potatoes with it...might even get 2 days out of it by making a stir fry to-morrow. Find T much more expensive than Aldi or Lidl so will not be going there often when vouchers are gone....just for bread flour and stuff that Lidl don't stock.
Bitsy and NPM....hugs to you both.
JackieG....glad that you have got some relief for that tooth....
Going to make us a cuppa in a minute, I have to go to airport with DS2 at 4....why he couldn't have picked a more Mariefriendly time to go I don't know, traffic will be mental....will wait until I come back for dinner I think had rather a large breakfast at 11am, when we left the hospital after OH's Warfarin clinic visit.
Hugs to all who could do with one and to those who have been MIA for ages, please come back and talk to us.
MarieWeight 08 February 86kg0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards