We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• JEC
    JEC Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gary1963 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had any dealings with Fatcheese?

I am waiting for payout from 01/12/14.

They never respond to tickets and its just says pending!

Same here.
    Nothing seems to track and no response to tickets.

Anybody else any experience of them?
  • kanimisso99
    Options
    I today realised that euroffice.co.uk charges 20% more when we buy online via Quidco. Their cashback rate is 10% for new customers and 5% for existing customers, so we'll definitely lose out via the cashback site!! What a shame they came up such a way to dodge customers or is it a common trap already??

When I checked several prices using 2 different browsers, 20-22% price hike via Quidco applied to all items I checked on euroffice.co.uk. When I cleared cash on the browser the prices returned to normal. I checked Staples and Viking, and also checked Topcashback, but this strange price hikes only happen with an euroffice-Quidco pair.

Seems we need to check prices with two different browsers before purchasing with Quidco in the future...

Has anyone noticed similar things at other websites?
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,675 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I today realised that euroffice.co.uk charges 20% more when we buy online via Quidco. Their cashback rate is 10% for new customers and 5% for existing customers, so we'll definitely lose out via the cashback site!! What a shame they came up such a way to dodge customers or is it a common trap already??

When I checked several prices using 2 different browsers, 20-22% price hike via Quidco applied to all items I checked on euroffice.co.uk. When I cleared cash on the browser the prices returned to normal. I checked Staples and Viking, and also checked Topcashback, but this strange price hikes only happen with an euroffice-Quidco pair.

Seems we need to check prices with two different browsers before purchasing with Quidco in the future...

Has anyone noticed similar things at other websites?
    Insurance sites often do that too - the quote you get going via a cashback site will be higher than going direct
  • kanimisso99
    Options
    Looks like the prices at euroffice are the same now, via Quidco or not. I definitely double checked with different browsers so their website may have just had programming errors.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    Hotels seem to be one of the most lucrative things you can buy through TopCashBack. Booked 28 hotel nights (nice long family holiday, so 2 rooms per night :) ) using hotels.com through TCB, not only got 12.6% back, making £300ish, but also got some hotels.com rewards nights. Lovely.
  • Wiro29
    Options
    dricer wrote: »
    I recently ran a test to see who paid me the quickest,

I ran with Quidco, Top Cashback and Cashbackhero.co.uk.

The longest time it took to get paid with was with Quidco followed by Cashbackhero.co.uk and TopCashback paid the fastest.

I would suggest clearing any cookies before you click on an offer through a cashback platform as there can sometimes be confusion as to who sent the transaction through. If you are browsing a number of different cashback sites this can be a problem. You can still submit a missing ticket too with them if you haven't been paid.

Never heared of Cahbackhero. The website doesnt exist.
  • Evie_Clarkson
    Options
    I tried to use TCB on several occasions, each without success. I always encountered problems which was such a pain, so I refuse to use them again!

I do like that my bank (Halifax) now does cashback, and there's a whole load of retailers to choose from. I've earned roughly £5 lately, which although isn't much, it's still more than I had before!
  • matt_66
    matt_66 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I tried to use TCB on several occasions, each without success. I always encountered problems which was such a pain, so I refuse to use them again!

In my experience, when used for genuine shopping.. (a watch purchase, Zavvi, orders for flowers) the orders track and cashback has been paid no problem.

However, I applied for a Barclaycard and this trailed to track. Six months after I started the Missing Cb claim we are still waitng on a response from Barclaycard despite providing the card details etc.

The turn around time for the cashback on my Car insurance is also six months (from tracking to payable) which seems a long time.

I am also waiting for the Cashback on my Flexdirect account to change from pending to confirmed 7 weeks from opening the account.
    2016 saver #80 - £8,379 / £11,000
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I've made £2500 from topcashback alone over the last 3 years - booked holidays, offered to book hotels for family members for occasions like weddings, all insurances, all christmas and birthday presents.

I'm so pleased with this amount...just wish I'd used it to clear my debt rather than on extra holidays myself :o
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Made £300 so far this year, mostly from TCB. Came extremely handy with insurance and new broadband!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback