We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    JDPower wrote: »
    I do check it out. TCB will match other site's cashback, so it pays to check them, then get TCB to match :)

Yes, they'll match the rate and have done this for ages and ages. They will even give a top up on that matched rate. That's very good, excellent even.
    But, and a big BUT, will they match the "GUARANTEE"?? Will they guarantee the cashback??
    No good matching or even beating the rate if this doesn't get paid out or goes on to be declined (paid to some other 3rd party).
    Maybe not for everyone, but if you have had issues with tracking or declines or delays even, you have to ask the question, "Is this guaranteed cashback better for me?".
    Take the best option for yourself, obviously.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,675 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lynsey wrote: »
    Yes, they'll match the rate and have done this for ages and ages. They will even give a top up on that matched rate. That's very good, excellent even.
    But, and a big BUT, will they match the "GUARANTEE"?? Will they guarantee the cashback??
    No good matching or even beating the rate if this doesn't get paid out or goes on to be declined (paid to some other 3rd party).
    Maybe not for everyone, but if you have had issues with tracking or declines or delays even, you have to ask the question, "Is this guaranteed cashback better for me?".
    Take the best option for yourself, obviously.
    True, and I'm not here to blow TCB's trumpet (or any other site), it's merely the one I use most so have most experience with. But in my 5 or 6, possibly more, years with them I've had about 3 failed to track/pay, none were for more than a pound (and TCB offered to pay out of their own pocket as a goodwill gesture). Never had a big payer fail. Obviously everyone's experience is different.

Either way, if imutual can make their guarantee apply to all transactions (not just 90%), and start to take some market share it's all good cos then the big two will have to consider it also, the same way Quidco had to drop it's yearly fee when TCB got big :)
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Either way, if imutual can make their guarantee apply to all transactions (not just 90%), and start to take some market share it's all good cos then the big two will have to consider it also, the same way Quidco had to drop it's yearly fee when TCB got big :)

I'm not sure how they'd get it to 100% (all), as some of the merchants you don't need to make a purchase (freebies, clicks etc), so they couldn't guarantee some of those. But, 90% is still high.
    If the Imutual "guarantee" could put pressure on the others to follow, then that would be a good thing, that's for sure. But, in the meanwhile, at least one cashback site offers this "guarantee" which may be of interest to those that may have become disillusioned with lack of tracking / declines etc.
    I didn't know Quidco had dropped their annual fee, but I dropped Quidco years ago. I still use Topcashback occasionally though.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • bungyboo
    Options
    You just strengthened my point. If imutual don't get paid by the affiliate network, AND they don't keep any money to themselves, where does the money for the guaranteed cashback come from.

My point about imutual's figures was that if quidco and topcashback can claim to be top-paying cashback sites but keep 45 million squid to themselves, there is clearly good money to be made in running these sites. If imutual is choosing to pay that back to its members by honouring cashback rejected by merchants rather than pocketing the profits, that's ok by me :)
  • fd1972uk
    fd1972uk Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    See Game has now dropped out of this.

Had a problem with Game paying out and they sent a letter saying they did not have any association with Topcashback which seemed strange.

Guessing it must have been very recent as I just went on today from just a week or so ago and Game is no longer showing on site.

Weird.

Been having a long running saga since Nov/Dec 2013 of Game not paying out after paying several hundred pounds using TCB. :(

FD
  • Gary1963
    Gary1963 Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone ever had any dealings with Fatcheese?

I am waiting for payout from 01/12/14.

They never respond to tickets and its just says pending!
  • vic.star
    vic.star Posts: 456 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For those who are having tracking problems, as silly as it sounds have you cleared your cookies recently? It was mentioned in the article and that might be the reason for some anyway. Worth a try!

I use tcb every time i make a purchase now. I have only had a couple of troubles with tracking and that was due to the merchant. All was cleared up within a few days
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've managed to gain an extra £432 using Topcashback over the last year or so.

I find it's particularly good on hotels and an online pet store I use. Definitely worth looking at for EVERY online purchase you make as there's loads of obscure deals.

Tracking for me fails nearly 50% of the time but a manual claim usually sorts it.
  • r_b
    r_b Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely worth looking at for EVERY online purchase you make as there's loads of obscure deals.

Do you even do this for small purchases? Is it worth it?
  • r_b
    r_b Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    But don't miss out on imutual.

This is the first time I am hearing about them. Are they any good? I am intrigued by the "is owned and controlled by its members" part but are they paying any dividends?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback