Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
204 replies 115.6K views
1151617181921»

Replies

• I have only recently started using Top Cashback and get the impression it is a bit of a con. It seems fine for small purchases but I made 2 in hundreds of pounds over 3 months ago and neither have been paid. One was with Go Compare, which was supposed to pay £30, another was with Hughes electrical which is still outstanding despite all their procedures being followed. It seems very easy for them to cop out of paying out the larger sums, trading standards may need to have a look if they don’t settle these soon.         

• BabycakesBabycakes Forumite
    237 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I have been using TopCashback for years and for the vast majority of purchases, cashback seems to be guaranteed.  One company has let me down twice and it is the AA Insurance.  On both occasions they have refused to pay cashback and Topcashback have said "Unfortunately, it seems as though they have taken the decision to decline your claim as we have not been identified as the last channel to your sale."
    This is untrue, as I always follow the process that Topcashback lay out on their site about clearing cookies, etc.  
    I have taken the decision to never purchase another product from the AA and to advise my friends and family about my experiences.

Shame on you AA.
  • stanjstanj Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I used top cashback on November 2020 having read about it on MSE. However, although my 'earnings' from one purchase including introductory offer have been visible on their site, , 5 months later I've received nothing. My first query with site produced platitudes about giving it more time. My more recent query ' suggested' it is due to the retailer, Curry's. Unless anyone can convince me otherwise, I'm leaning towards considering it a con and unsubscribing from their site - which can manage to email me most days. Stanj
  • edited 24 March at 9:10PM
    JDPowerJDPower Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 24 March at 9:10PM
    stanj said:
    I used top cashback on November 2020 having read about it on MSE. However, although my 'earnings' from one purchase including introductory offer have been visible on their site, , 5 months later I've received nothing. My first query with site produced platitudes about giving it more time. My more recent query ' suggested' it is due to the retailer, Curry's. Unless anyone can convince me otherwise, I'm leaning towards considering it a con and unsubscribing from their site - which can manage to email me most days. Stanj
    So you used it once, and it hasn't paid out yet so it's a con? First rule of cashback - cashback is never guaranteed. Sometimes it won't pay out. Personally I'm about 500 quid better off than I would be if I'd not used them. Ultimately the choice is yours, but it's not exactly a lot of effort for the results that come most of the time. Incidentally, if it was a big cashback payout, or one for some sort of year long policy or subscription, it can be up to 6 months for it to arrive in your account.

As for them emailing too much, it's up to you what emails you receive from them: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/email-subscription/