Lifestyle Claims

Options

Comments

• BinaryBailey
    Options
    Hi All,

I had a call from these guys on Friday afternoon and I (stupidly) was hooked on a sales pitch regarding a recent court case that the banks lost that wasn't related to the PPI thing.

Eventually my common sense kicked in and came on this site and have just sent cancellation email and contacted credit card company to ensure that I get the money back.

Was very angry with myself for being fooled in the first place, but I am curious is whether people are claiming anything other than PPI and credit charges? The advisor mentioned something about the banks charging people too much interest...

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

One good thing to take from this is that I am looking at my history of credit agreements to see if have a possible PPI claim.

More people need to be warned about these sharks!
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    The [STRIKE]advisor[/STRIKE]lying little scumbag mentioned something about the banks charging people too much interest...
    Any thoughts would be appreciated

I trust my little correction explains the point.

The level of interest charged is a matter of commercial judgement for regulated lenders and the judicial review WAS about PPI (although it might not be relevant to you).
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The advisor mentioned something about the banks charging people too much interest...

They are not advisers. They are unqualified telesales people.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • BinaryBailey
    Options
    Yes lol after reviewing my post the term "advisor" was ill used ;)

Thanks for the additional info!
  • hoochy1
    Options
    I have been aproached today by these people claiming I m owed around 20 thousand from my past morgages etc .The want £359.99 to start my claim and promise I`ll get it back if they`re not successful in three months.
    I`m not going to pay upfront anymore as I lost £500 a couple of years back with Brunel Franklin who said all my c/card agreements were unenforcable then they were apparently not correct and did`nt pay back my payment either.Lifestyle claims told me that Brunel Franklin are no longer licenced does anyone know if thats true?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lifestyle claims told me that Brunel Franklin are no longer licenced does anyone know if thats true?

BF are still trading. The unenforceable credit was a bit of a dodgy area with many claims companies. They thought they found loopholes but the courts soon shut that down.
    claiming I m owed around 20 thousand from my past morgages etc

How have they worked that out? Or is it a random figure plucked from thin air to entice you?

Take a look at the following link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • hoochy1
    Options
    Thanks for that.Probably is plucked out of the air They were looking at set up fees but they didn`t know how much the mortgages were.
  • nhawkridge85
    Options
    Now i get through to them immediately and i have been informed that they have had success with 4 out of the 5 credit cards and within 2 weeks i should receive my money. The clock is ticking as if this doesn't happen i will be making an official complaint to MOJ, Lifestyle know i have spoken to them.

Hi, did yoy get a response or a payout or your money back? I have progressed a claim with lifestyle and have already gone past the 14 days to get my money back so I am just wondering what my chances are of getting a claim back.

Thanks
  • hoochy1
    Options
    Thanks for that.They didn`t have any actual figures to go on so your right they`re making it up as they go along
  • hoochy1
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    bf are still trading. The unenforceable credit was a bit of a dodgy area with many claims companies. They thought they found loopholes but the courts soon shut that down.

How have they worked that out? Or is it a random figure plucked from thin air to entice you?
    can i claim the 500 back off brunel franklin?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure