Farepak in administration: What to do? (Merged Thread)

Options

Comments

• gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    opaque wrote:
    Cover it most definately but can they actually do anything about it? Thats the question.
    I would say that the more coverage at least you'll know where you stand, ie you'll get more information than you might do otherwise.

Sometimes other companies get in touch for a bit of self promotion and offer something to those that have been affected. At least it might also serve as a word of warning to others who are considering getting involved in the schemes.
  • the_greed
    the_greed Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    What a bunch of thieving B!!!!!!'s. I read about this in the Sunday Mail yesterday and listened to the six o' clock news. What a strange coincidence for Farepak to go bust after everybody has saved up all year. They must have known that this was going to happen. Where has all the money gone? My husband's family have lost over £8000 between 8 of them that is an average of £1000 each. I feel heart sorry for all those people, who can ill afford to lose money, especially at this time of year. Words cannot describe the people who ran this company.
  • clareandlee
    Options
    the_greed wrote:
    What a bunch of thieving B!!!!!!'s. I read about this in the Sunday Mail yesterday and listened to the six o' clock news. What a strange coincidence for Farepak to go bust after everybody has saved up all year. They must have known that this was going to happen. Where has all the money gone? My husband's family have lost over £8000 between 8 of them that is an average of £1000 each. I feel heart sorry for all those people, who can ill afford to lose money, especially at this time of year. Words cannot describe the people who ran this company.

You are totally right, what a strange coincidence!
    What goes around comes around
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I know it's not really a laughing matter but this situation does remind me of the old joke.

"This year's Christmas Club treasurer's report is written on a postcard from the Bahamas"

Do you think the same thing has happened to Farepak? The money must have gone somewhere.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • clareandlee
    Options
    I have heared that altogther this year they have taken £68,000,000 of customers payments! Where can all this have gone!
    What goes around comes around
  • chrisandrob
    Options
    I sent a payment off of £300 on Monday last week via the website,Really makes me angry that there were still taking payments evan though they obviously new they were going down the pan.
    Seems they have been in trouble for months and to carry on taking our hard earned cash Stinks !!!
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    Ive just had to tell some of my best friends that they have no vouchers, I have paid in£3,500 and I paid in £610 end of sept, and they sent me a new card to pay it in!!! I have nothing put by for christmas It was all gunning on the vouchers.
    :A :j
  • helenhugs
    helenhugs Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so sorry to all who have lost money, those of you who are agents shouldn' feel bad, you weren't to know. YOU were NOT robbing people. The people who ran the company were.
    The other day we got a parks booklet through the door & were considering getting a hamper or something. The vouchers were very tempting but we decided if we wanted to do vouchers we would buy them each month. I think a lot of people will be feeling the same now. Too scared to go near a hamper company.
    I do hope you manage to retrieve at least some of your monies paid & that your christmas' isn't spoilt.
    hugs
    Helen
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.
    Good Enough Club member number 8
    :j £2 coin club = now in a sealed tin so I'm not sure
  • flowergirls
    Options
    I paid £600 on my tesco CC, so am hoping that i will be able to get that back.
  • Aintree_man
    Options
    Doing some research on this can anyone help if I sought to sue the administrators / directors or bank on this. I see that for any business not to be aware prior to issue of funds impossible. It must submit accounts to the bank must it not? anyone fancy finding a way to have a fight with the big boys on this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure