We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

'Pringles Etiquette – Do they have a ‘get out of bowl’ free card?' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• waterhouse_melons
    Options
    il have to first say that the buy one get two free offers are a load of balls. you are paying the rrp (or more) for 3 when normally they are half price each. really dont buy into them. Would much rather have half price each one.
    Anyway, yeah the pringles for a party would have to go in a bowl, otherwise you get all of the adults and old people getting annoyed they cannot get the last pringle when all of the kids are just lunging down there and getting all of the remainders to themselves!
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    they were 99p a tube so its like you get one free which is still fine for me:D

id serve them in a bowl next to the plate covered in one of the pizzas which are also buy 1 get 2 free(which is a great deal as pizza is so damn expensive!) also next to the plate of cadburys fingers also at buy one get....:D
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • kforshaw
    kforshaw Posts: 395 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A Patented Pringles chip and dip tray :)5137224095_9c2168a963_z.jpg
    2 Tickets to Blackrock Masters Tennis:j
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In a bowl - it means more washing up, but you have to show off the fancy glassware at some point. Ideally though, serve something classy, like Monster Munch or Hula Hoops, or maybe economy bacon bites.
  • sassysar
    sassysar Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    kforshaw wrote: »

it looks like a chocolate sledge:D
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kforshaw wrote: »

SPOILER...

Rosebud :)
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ann1e wrote: »
    As to serving, they can look quite nice laid out in a circle, a bit like a prawn ring. However, having just Googled (how sad am I?) Pringles images, there are no pics. I do recall trying it myself at a party, but if there are broken ones, it does kind of mess up the general effect.
    You'd have to eat the borken ones when you were setting up. Good plan!
    tingly wrote: »
    If they have what was once known as 'standards' or you want to make an impression- a bowl is the only way.
    Remember this is the Money Saving Expert we're talking about here. If they were served in a bowl the guests would assume they were supermarket own brand that he'd bought on the downshift challenge. Leaving them in the tube may give the better impression.
    bylromarha wrote: »
    We had mates round Sunday who misheard my son say Pingles
    Why did your son say Pingles?
  • flapjack_2
    Options
    mattytun wrote: »
    i dont eat them because they are bl00dy addictive :rotfl:

I have a similar policy with Pringles... I try not to buy them because I can't stop until the tube is gone.
    I suspect that addictive white powder they sprinkle on them is some kind of controlled substance though I can't confirm this.
    The advert tells us "once you pop, you can't stop" but in my case it's more like "you can't stop until you pop".
    They never get as far as a bowl when I buy them, they're gone in 60 seconds, so the dilemma never arises.
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Discogod wrote: »
    is this a ploy to get some free pringles Martin? :P ;)

It'd probably cost more than the £2 for 3 tubes in bandwidth :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport