'Pringles Etiquette – Do they have a ‘get out of bowl’ free card?' blog discussion

Replies

• Gordon_the_MoronGordon_the_Moron Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    sassysar wrote: »
    I love crisps but I dont really like pringles. Am I the only person on the planet? To me they are the crisp equivalent of smash!

I agree they are very poor crisps compared to others but I've never tasted smash to compare.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • tinglytingly Forumite
    232 Posts
    If they have what was once known as 'standards' or you want to make an impression- a bowl is the only way.
    If they do not and are just regular 'peeps'- tube is the only way.
    If they are any of the above with hygeine related ocd, a tube and a supply of thin latex gloves, so only one is touched at a time from the tube and if inadvertently touch another, you are not contaminating them.
  • definately out of the tube, I have put them in rectangular pots before and they worked great:j
  • tinglytingly Forumite
    232 Posts
    OOh, and savlon, cos they make your mouth sore after a bit. The savlon should be served in a bowl with a side bowl of cotton buds for application.

Or is it me!!!!
  • John_PierpointJohn_Pierpoint Forumite
    8.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very clever product designed by the processed food industry to be:

Addictive
    VAT free
  • It depends on who is doing the hoovering. If me, they go in a bowl, if someone else, I don't care how much crumb dribble-bounces off the corners of my mouth as I slovenly tip the last few out the tube.
  • ailuro2ailuro2 Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    they'd be in a party susan of course!!

with a few dips :¬)

There must be a recipe out there to use the crumbs left in the tube as a crunchy topping on a shepherd's pie - ask an oldstyler, they're bound to be able to point you in the right direction.:D
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • A.J._3-2A.J._3-2 Forumite
    121 Posts
    bowl or tube not needed in my house...............i would have scoffed all before guests arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proud to be dealing with my debt
    CCCS member, Debt free wannable nerd 1237
    Combined debt total=[STRIKE]sept 09 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£5679.27[/STRIKE] Nov 09 £4599.46
    DFD [STRIKE]SEP [/STRIKE] OCT 2012:huh:
  • jellyheadjellyhead Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd use a bowl nuless it was just my husband and kids sharing. Pringles are covered in some addictive dusty substance and people lick their fingers, then put wet fingers back into the tube ... ick!
    52% tight
  • bylromarhabylromarha Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought this offer Saturday. We had mates round Sunday who misheard my son say Pingles and thought he said Pringles. She then craved BBQ pringles, so we popped. We left them in the tube. Always leave in the tube. ALWAYS leave in the tube.

I've now read this blog and have opened up another tube.

So much for stocking up for Cmas...
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides