'Pringles Etiquette – Do they have a ‘get out of bowl’ free card?' blog discussion

Replies

• thebigboshthebigbosh Forumite
    291 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    shove the bowl, wrap your mouth around the end of the tube and munch until you feel very sorry for yourself!
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
  • alwaysonthego_2alwaysonthego_2 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thebigbosh wrote: »
    shove the bowl, wrap your mouth around the end of the tube and munch until you feel very sorry for yourself!
    It could be romantic if the top and bottom was removed and your loved one got on the other end and you could both munch simultaneously whilst gazing into one anothers eyes. I think that sounds a bit wrong so I'll shut up :eek:
  • JimmyTheWigJimmyTheWig Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    if I was doign that I really should be writing about "my favourite flights"
    The freebies probably wouldn't include taxes, so would have been better moneysaving to have done this before today!

As to the pringles, in the tube. No question.
  • Eric_PischEric_Pisch Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    damn Pringles damn them all

why is impossible to stop eating them once you start :mad:

oh and a bowl for posh company
  • RegshoeRegshoe Forumite
    237 Posts
    It could be romantic if the top and bottom was removed and your loved one got on the other end and you could both munch simultaneously whilst gazing into one anothers eyes. I think that sounds a bit wrong so I'll shut up :eek:

Like some modern E-Number packing, saturated fat laden Lady and the Tramp?

As for the tubes being an appropriate delivery method - I'm not so sure - I don't have particularly large hands but I find it a bit of a squeeze getting my hand all the way in ;) (and if you tip the tube you risk a catastropic spillage event to rival BP).
  • mattytunmattytun Forumite
    13.9K Posts
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    i dont eat them because they are bl00dy addictive :rotfl:
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • hecatehhecateh Forumite
    8 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Serve them in the long narrow dishes that I bought solely for serving up garlic bread. They work just as well for Pringles but the Pringles disappear even quicker than the GB
  • Ann1eAnn1e Forumite
    216 Posts
    Damn! I can't eat anything, let alone Pringles. Had dental surgery at the weekend and can only eat soft things! I really like Pringles too!

As to serving, they can look quite nice laid out in a circle, a bit like a prawn ring. However, having just Googled (how sad am I?) Pringles images, there are no pics. I do recall trying it myself at a party, but if there are broken ones, it does kind of mess up the general effect. Besides, as soon as folk start eating them, the pattern's spoiled anyway!

Keep them in the tube - you could always decorate the tube! Size-wise, there not that much bigger than Doritos and they look fine in a bowl, and they're easier to get at (as I believe someone else has pointed out)!

I do apologise, I really can't do much except sit around, popping pain killers, hence this really random post!
    Ooh, I've gotta little star! What's that for then?!!
  • sassysarsassysar Forumite
    112 Posts
    I love crisps but I dont really like pringles. Am I the only person on the planet? To me they are the crisp equivalent of smash!
  • Running_HorseRunning_Horse Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care how you serve them as long as you promise not to call them chips.

They're crisps in this country, not ****ing chips.
    I was present at wreath-laying but don't think I was involved.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS