'Pringles Etiquette – Do they have a ‘get out of bowl’ free card?' blog discussion

12346»

Replies

• anamenottakenanamenottaken Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember this is the Money Saving Expert we're talking about here. If they were served in a bowl the guests would assume they were supermarket own brand that he'd bought on the downshift challenge. Leaving them in the tube may give the better impression.

I don't think that's possible. P&G patented the process for producing the Pringles shape.
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowl every time - guests or no guests. I'm still mourning the death of the short-lived mini pringles :sad:.

I had a bag of these (Cheese & Chive) a couple of hours ago in the bath whilst watching X-Factor :)
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Toe-JamToe-Jam Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    I'd leave them in the box, none of my friends are posh enough to turn their noses up at a box of pringles :-). In fact they'd probably say "oooh fancy crisps"
  • How about using a garlic baguette plate - just the right shape for a tube of pringles!

PT
  • pigpenpigpen Forumite
    38.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd get cheapy value ones for guests, a couple of glasses of the adult pop down them and they'll eat anything! feed the pringles to the dog as they are disgusting and buy myself a huuuuuuuuuuuuge bag of skips!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/09/2021 £42630.55 (2.41% int.)
  • CCStarCCStar Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    They go quicker from the tube, serve in a bowl
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • 12bdebt312bdebt3 Forumite
    446 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Put one tube in a bowl and put the other tube behind the bowl. This way everybody knows that they are pringles and what flavour at the beginning of the night. People will think it rude to just open the other tube so they will take off the bowl like rations because there won't be too many but they know that there will be more later. Then when they run out you can empty the other tube into the bowl.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News