We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Disney DVD 10 movie boxset for £17.97 delivered [CLOSED]

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• Misterel
    Misterel Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    biglugs wrote:
    Sorry - I have to dispute that. I NEVER communicated with Amazon whatsoever and I still got my £5 gift voucher. Mind you I got the DVD set AS WELL, but then I wasn't complaining.

I stand corrected - in that case their communication policy was completely random - did anyone that hadn't actually placed an order get contacted? :)
    Wins so far this year: It's been a quiet year so far :)
  • purplepatch
    Options
    biglugs wrote:
    I moved on from this ages ago - people need to accept that sometimes you get stuff and sometimes you don't. Every time you do it's a bonus!
    Meanwhile I have had great deals on Dr Who, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet etc.
    Time to close this thread I think.

With respect, I think a lot of people posting on this thread could have also 'moved on' if they had received both the boxset and the £5 compensation email as you say you did ;):D

I ordered early on, but had my order cancelled - I received the £5 voucher after I sent an email to them querying why my order had disappeared without warning. I didn't really expect to get the boxset anyway, so the fiver off is quite satisfactory as far as I'm concerned.
  • biglugs
    biglugs Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    With respect, I think a lot of people posting on this thread could have also 'moved on' if they had received both the boxset and the £5 compensation email as you say you did ;):D
    The point I was making was that many of us have missed out on offers from time to time, and regular posters will by now have got used to the idea that threats of court action, letters to the CEO etc. just waste valuable time. Best just to take your knocks as they happen and let them go. When you then get a result it makes for a happier day.

I have found that life is less stressful once you accept that crappy customer service, misleading or illegal advertising, poor communication, lying CS reps, taking payment without delivery of goods, delayed return of payment etc. are all part of the new world of online shopping.
    You don't get medals for sitting in the trenches.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    biglugs is right ....

My advice to those who get stuck in over missing deals on this site, let it go. By all means jump on each deal going but don't dwell or linger on it.

I know from experience and you get nothing for the wasted hours. It's best to make a single run for each and every deal than fight on one ... you might miss another!!

There's plenty to grab, get in there!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family