edited 28 October 2010 at 12:59PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.2K replies 103.4K views

Replies

• SherlockFan85SherlockFan85 Forumite
    482 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Mornin' All,

Had a £46 spend in Mr A**a on Sat on the following (as much as i can remember): pork and apple sausages, sundried tomato meatballs, Bird's Eye chicken items (3 for £3), minted lamb grills, pepperoni pizza, hash browns, 2 pints milk, loaf thick white, vogels sunflower mini loaf, garlic and onion bagels, cinnamon sticks (for xmas), spread, bananas, apple slices, fruit and granola thing, frube pouches x 2 boxes, 2 x luncheon meat, lumpfish caviar (xmas), maple syrup (xmas), lemon marmalade, yazoo choc milk mini bottles (for after gym - it's free as I work in a school!), 3 x mini sandwich fillers, probiotic yog bottles, fizzy drinks x 4 2ltr (Dr Pepper, Cherry/Apple Tango, Lilt), shampoo, baked beans x 4 tins, heinz veg soup x 4, spag hoops x 2 tins, digestive biscuits x 2 packs, 2 potatoes, green beans, country veg pack.

M&S spend of around £7 as it was the first evening in ages I had to myself without hosting or being a guest so I treated myself to the following: smoked salmon pasta meal, sparkling grape juice, vanilla and choc whoopie pies. Naughty naughty ;)

Mr S spend of around £4 for the following yesterday: grated mozzerella (for jacket pots), frosty fancies, custard doughnuts (OH wanted both of these!)

Plus an extra £25ish spend, as OH is doing some police training in London today and has to buy lunch up there and is not getting reimbursed for it. I tried to get him to take a packed lunch but he said he didn't want to be the only one with one! Grrr.

So, had the pork and apple sausages last night with the jacket pots (cheese and bean filling). Was scrumtious and my first ever jacket potato to cook (I know, I know, total cooking noob :o). Will probs have the meatballs with flavoured rice tonight or curry noodles.

Have a great day to everyone,
    Make £2019 in 2019 No 153 - £4517.17/£2019
  • the_catthe_cat Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time for an update....... and it's not good news!

Spent £71.17 of my £150 budget so far with approx 2 weeks to go. In itself that doesn't seem too bad but I am seriously dithering about doing the Morrisons savings voucher and stocking up with non perishables for the next few weeks. It is something I have done for the last couple of years and my spends for Jan and Feb are def much lower if I do. Free money is hard to resist!!:rotfl:

So I'm thinking I need to up my budget? I think if I put it back up to my usual spend of £260 per month (was trying to run down stocks this month) I could take advantage of the deal. Storage is to put it mildly, a bit of an issue:eek::eek:. Currently doing up bedroom so contents of wardrobes currently littering the house and food cupboards fairly full due to Big Brands and App Foods!

Anyone got an opinion on whether I should play or pass?
  • greentgreent Forumite
    9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Up to £170.57 so far - but am not planning on shoppiing now until Friday. It's that high because I took advantage of some offers in mR T (inc 12 packs of Cathedral City!) and used the supermarket for some retail therapy (at least it'll all get used) rather than clothes retail therapy to cheer myself up. Now need to sit on my hands and not spend any more money!! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786 12/19 £48986 2020 OPs (#18) £5010/6K
    Net sales 2020 £596.06/£500 Decluttering: 1925/2020
  • mrs-moneypennymrs-moneypenny Forumite
    15.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent way too much over the weekdend, so need to rein the rest of the month in to stand a chance of the money lasting. i did the usual MrM shopthen loaded the freezer and farmfoods poped into iceland as farmfoods ddint have veggie bacon rashers (none in iceland either:mad:) then went Aldi, quite a lot was christmas drinkies and storecupborad stuff so should just need bread and veggies for the rest of the month she says hopefully
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • NickJWNickJW Forumite
    678 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Small spend of £3 today at Mr S, which should set up until Friday.

I really don't fancy walking out much in this miserable weather............
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 £46.05/£130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011 :T
  • Just did the sums for Christmas and December is going to be a very tight month (we're currently doing up our house, hosting xmas this year, have about 5 xmas parties between us, plus gifts...) so need to save every penny I can on the GC this month if we have some hope of surviving next!

Must not get sucked in by Mr S to buy more than we need...
    Mortgage£148,725 Student loan£13,050 HSBC loan£12,221
    AprGC:£/£320
  • Checking in

Another NSD

Fiance brought me some more rice pud & some digestives. Getting over kidney infection so bland is all good!

Got £4.70 to last me fortnight so going to hang onto it until Friday night, hit the whoopsies!

Now got
    1 pack digestives
    6 tins soup
    6 tins rice pudding
    2 pitta (freezer)

Shud just about last me!! :o
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • Just done the weekly shop at Mr Ms and spent £25.60. Had £4.85 on multi-savings and used £3 PC vouchers. This time I didn't deviate from the list at all!
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300
  • mum2bmum2b Forumite
    77 posts
    update from me: Tues Lidl £21.31 but £4.95 of that is out of the xmas budget, wed thu fri NSDs, then Sunday £26.69 in co-op :eek: must not go there again! Although I had to get a few storecupboard bits for doner kebabs for 2moro........blame the take-away secret! Did spend £14.95 in Aldi but again that was xmas stuff so out of that budget.
    Off to update siggy, quite happy will only need bananas until a week Tues :beer:
    Sep GC £235.51/£225.00
    Oct GC £240.44/£225.00
    Nov GC £170.76/£235.62
  • Hi all, havent been on here for a while and need to come back!! Going to start on £450 For this mth while i get back into things.....does include all house things, baby food and dog food.... Have already spent £100 and will do again on shop this week....Aiming for £100 a week main shop and then have £50 for extra milk bread etc for the mth.........
    Need to get back into cooking more from scratch (morning sickness has kind of stumped this) and also doing more baking.
    Kids have macoronie cheese for dinner (have never cooked this before :o but it looks yummy!!) and me and DH (who is working late) will have fishcakes mash and veg......or i might have already had any left over dinner from the girls......
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j