Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 50

New Post Advanced Search

November 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 October 2010 at 12:59PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.2K replies 103.4K views

Replies

• Checking in

Had to pop to Mr T yesterday... a local one, so was a real rip off.. but I needed some bits to keep my antibiotics down!!

Spent £5

Got bread, butter, eggs and some cheese.. at very high prices..but sometimes these things have to be done :eek:

Thats it now until the 20th.. got soup & rice pud in the larder... roll on fortnight!! :rotfl:
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • NSD for me :j

I have done some batch cooking for the freezer, 4 meat lasagnes, 2 vegy lasagnes, 3 meat chillis and 2 veg chillis.

Also made some flap jack for butty boxs next week, a pan of soup for OH to take to work as he is on nights, so will keep him warm :D
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Spent £40.97 this week in three trips but bought loads so I doubt I'll have to spend very much at all next week! Trying to use up everything I've got instead of buying more food - made yorkshire puddings for the first time last night and they turned out beautifully! About to go and make a big batch of chilli to eat through next week :)
    November Grocery Challenge: £40.97/£150
  • I must remind myself never to 'pop in' to a supermarket when in a bad mood!:mad: It was actually a NSD on Friday until I 'popped' into Mr Ms while waiting to pick up son from scouts just in case there were any unmissable whoopsies. No whoopsies, but I still came out £8.73 poorer. Some of this went on cheese and crackers which weren't on the list but just because I fancied some (and knew that the whole family would appreciate some).
    Must try harder!!
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300
  • Went Christmas shopping today and popped into M&S as I needed onions but ended up getting some mussels and a baguette as well. Remembered I had a £10 gift voucher so paid for them with that, does that mean I should or shouldn't include the total of that shop ( £4.64 ) in my grocery spends for the month? As technically I didn't hand any money over but still kind of purchased some food...

Really trying not to buy and food, other than piggie food and a few essentials like bread, milk, butter and sandwich fillers for at least another week after spending a huge chunk of our budget on the 1st. Did a full inventory of the freezers and cupboards so we should have enough meals for at least another week.
    Going to get to grips with food shopping again, starting February!

Got married to my lovely hubby on 12/11/2011 :D
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remembered I had a £10 gift voucher so paid for them with that, does that mean I should or shouldn't include the total of that shop ( £4.64 ) in my grocery spends for the month?
    Totally down to the individual.

I count voucher spends as spends - and also the pennies in change - as the odd pennies and the value of the vouchers go into my sealed pot. I also declare full price for spends at Mr M even though I get staff discount, as I move the discount over into my sealed pot as well.

I feel that this gives me a clearer picture of what I need to budget for food should I lose the discount and the vouchers (mostly for doing surveys) dry up.
    Cheryl
  • We had the macaroni and veg cheese bake for our main meal. Also baked 4 loaves and some cherry and chocolate pudding.
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • sharronejsharronej Forumite
    578 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well as you can see from my signature I've had a lovely but extremely expensive weekend so will need to see what damage limitation I can implement! I was pleased with the purchase of seven presents for £27 though - beautiful books from The W0rks Bookshop. The makeup from B00ts will last me for the best part of a year but I was in two minds when I got to the till! The fridge, freezer and the cupboards are all groaning so I'm going to make a concerted effort to bring this back in line.....wish me luck!
  • mandcomandco Forumite
    803 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    can i join you?
    this will be my 1st attempt at Gc and I'm hoping to manage on a total budget of £190 for nov.
    this breaks down as £155 for groceries/ £15 cat supplies & £20 household/toiletries ect

really need to get my food spending under control seem to shop constantly but theres never anything to eat :(

I made a 2 week meal plan and have actually managed to stick to it for a whole week :T (though my extremely fussy eater is gonna be eating lots of the same meal. oh well may encourage them to try something new)
    plus 2 no spend days fri & today which is virtually unheard of so well chuffed :D

currently have £89.71 remaining out of the food budget but only really need potatoes & bread for this week so hoping not to spend too much more for now though might have mooch at the 3 for 2 baking offer and maybe stock up on a few bits as trying to bake a lot more rather than buy.
    cat buget has just £2.65 remaining :eek: but stocked up on food & only really need litter later this mth so not too bad really.

household £11.11 remaining but only really need toilet rolls and maybe some antibac spray.

xmas I have seperate budget for
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • Sue14Sue14 Forumite
    985 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Needed milk and bananas today, so another £2.28 spent in Mr T, but resisted the urge to buy the Frijj milkshakes that they had on bogof, I don't NEED them and they won't do my diet any good, but I was very tempted, lol!
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs