Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 51

New Post Advanced Search

November 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 October 2010 at 12:59PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.2K replies 103.4K views

Replies

• hi havent posted for a few days been busy. Had a mr a delivery on thurs which came to £68.34 then went to mr t and spent £11.10.

Bonfire night was a success i cooked hotdogs in the end, was going to do chilli and rice but changed my mind.

ive bought loads of food mags with all the christmas recipes in :santa2:, now got to decide what ones to try and cook :think: decisions decisions. Today was a nsd and so was yesterday :D
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the GC mandco and and any other newbies I may have missed

MrsMc will be along and add you to the front page list soon, meantime if you have any questions please ask - though you seem to be pretty much organised :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • More spends today, but not likely to have the car again this week.
    Went to M$S last night in search of the 1/2price chickens but shelves were bare.
    Went this morning and success, v pleased as no chicken in the fridge. Now have 2, will sort them out tomorrow, probably roast one and cut one in half (will then squash in freezer!).

Then MrT as wanted to look at value gammon joints (for sandwiches), found good-shaped one for £2.60. Then real bonus, had been checking casserole beef everywhere and decided couldn't afford it, then spotted assistant putting some on trolley so followed her to reduced section. Result! - 3x £4 packs for £1.25 each:T. More squashing of freezer required, will cut it all up in the morning and re-pack in bags.
    Then couldn't resist pumpkin for 25p and now have 6 portions of soup plus 2 bags of mashed cooked flesh.

• £13.92 spent on Saturday so will update signature in a couple of mins.
    Today was a NSD and am determined that tomorrow will be as well.

Off to catch up with some of the posts on here while I have a few minutes. :)
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Just realised I didn't update yesterday
    M%S - £8.47

• Morning everyone - updated my total with spends from the weekend, most was spent in Lid! as they had a special weekend offer on Steak which we very rarely have so thought at half price was too good to miss, got a few other bits also and then had to go to a couple of other shops for some toiletries, my 2 DD's seem to have run out of everything.:(

Anyway, a new week now and still concentrating on using up what we have in already, so yesterday was roast lamb from the Freezer, bought this a few weeks ago when it was on special in Mr M's - it was lovely and plenty left for a curry tonight.:D

For pudding I think I might do a steamed syrup sponge, the weather is supposed to be wild here today so will probably need something comforting by this evening.;)

Have a good day everyone.:)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• sistercassistercas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    spent £18 in t3sco yesterday, only went for some salad stuff and tuna ,and i also went to customer services as i had been over charged for a pack of beans , it took them over half an hour to sort it ( couldnt find the right bar code and when they did it wouldnt scan :mad: took 3 of them to sort it out\) . eventually though i walked away with double the difference as it was their fault :j
    so whilst i was waiting at customer services , DD1 took my list and did the shopping , bless her it was really kind , she did a good job too :T
  • de1amode1amo Forumite
    3.4K posts
    my target of 175 gbp looks like it was being over optimistic--every time my wife pops out she spends 20 or 30 pounds--we are up to 125 quid and its only the 8th--i am quickly coming to the conclusion that living in the uk is cheaper than here in Turkey--so if your thinking of retiring to the sun be warned!!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • edited 8 November 2010 at 9:37AM
    XSpenderXSpender Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 November 2010 at 9:37AM
    Good Morning

I have updated my signature with my spends this weekend:

£11.65 organic veg box
    £6.19 wine and crisps after fireworks display
    £52.04 Mr S on 3 cases beer and food for mexican night inc £7 on whoopsied meat and some cleaning bits oh and £1.25 on jar for DBIL hamper

I was pleased with the whoopsied meat at 50% off which DH spotted as we went past the shelf:TI don't normally shop for whopsies as I really get any good bargains. Apologies if you were the lady who arrived at the shelf just as I made off with it all.:o

I am beginning to realise that we spend quite a bit of our budget on entertaining. 2 of the last 3 weekends we have had friends over and provided food although they have brought their own drink. We also had DH friends over to watch the footie yesterday afternoon but they were just fed leftovers from Saturday night:p I also have DM and DStep dad coming up for a couple of days this week and I like to cook a good meal when they are here but I think I will be able to do this from the stores. I have a M&S chicken or beef to make a casserole in. Will make soup and cake and will use up a bread mix as well. ETA: Have also fed DBIL twice in the last 3 weeks

I will need to get bread and milk this week and some more veg as I have made some baby puree for DS using some of the contents of our box and will need to get some more for when DM arrives.
    PAYDBX 2020 £6,923.64/£10,000 69%
    Target CC - £999/£1030 SIF by Dec 2020
    Target Loan - £422.94/£493.43 by Nov 2020
    Big Emergency Fund Part 1 by 31.12.20 - 37.5%

Days since CC used - Christmas Eve 2019 - 224 (7 in 2019 + 2020)
  • elf06elf06 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Another spend today. This time for £17.46 however not all will be included in my GC as gifts and clothing have a seperate (but tiny) budget of their own. So £9 to come off that for large tin of chocs (xmas pressie to the girls at DS nursery and 100 extra points with a coupon!!!) - £4.50, 2 pack of gloves for DS (as he keeps losing his!!!) £1 and small gift for friends new baby £3.50.

The rest (except the washing liquid which was just a good offer) were needed for this week BUT I now shouldnt need anything else. Not thrilled at my spends at this point in the month but will try and rain it in now!!
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!