IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Park Right: The easy way to avoid parking tickets. Guide discussion

Options

Comments

• Rooth57
    Options
    Two people I know have recently got tickets for parking over dropped , kerbs. Fair enough if you don't live there but I have been told dropped kerbs belong to the council so you can't park over your own drive even. Anyone know if this is true?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2011 at 11:08PM
    Options
    If a Council is a Special Enforcement Area then it can ticket for dropped kerbs - but sometimes only when a resident has complained. So if it's your own driveway and the Council only enforces when they get a complaint from the resident, then of course you can park across your own dropped kerb (unless there's a double yellow running through it of course).

But it's not the same everywhere. Easiest thing is to look up the Parking FAQs and contravention codes/details on the Council website.

And when anyone gets a ticket the definite thing to do (if it's a real Council PCN rather than a private mickey mouse copy) is to appeal it all the way to adjudication. Most people win at adjudication or Councils cannot be bothered to turn up.

If your two friends have not been silly enough to rush to part with their money just because the Council says 'jump', then tell them to appeal the PCNs with the help of pepipoo forums:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

They would need to start a new thread and show pics of both sides of their PCN. Almost every case on there wins, no exaggeration.

And please, this sticky is redundant and past its shelf life - can it be closed please Board Guides?

Every time someone bumps it this sticky gets above the important ones on this board.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • markinthegreen
    Options
    I have been stung by a private parking company in "the Biscuit Factory" in Bermondsey London.

Parking is free but you need to have a note displayed in your car window.

This particular morning I forgot, however all I got slapped on my window was the empty yellow bag with no ticket?

So I appealed explaining how I use the place everyday I always get a permit the said morning I was in a manic rush blah blah. I received an email this morning of rejection it has taken them 5 weeks to reject it.

Do I have any grounds not to pay it? as I didn't have a ticket in the bag?

Cheers

Mark
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been stung by a private parking company in "the Biscuit Factory" in Bermondsey London.

Parking is free but you need to have a note displayed in your car window.

This particular morning I forgot, however all I got slapped on my window was the empty yellow bag with no ticket?

So I appealed explaining how I use the place everyday I always get a permit the said morning I was in a manic rush blah blah. I received an email this morning of rejection it has taken them 5 weeks to reject it.

Do I have any grounds not to pay it? as I didn't have a ticket in the bag?

Cheers

Mark

Could you please start your own thread . They you will get some answers to your questions.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • powerjohn
    Options
    Why can't Martin start a campaign for fairer charging in car parks? I consider it unethical to demand money up front for a block of time you may not fully use, and which may generate further revenue if another driver has to pay for the residue you don't use. In many European cities, motorists are charged by the minute, only for the time they park.
    It's also sharp practice to install meters which don't give change, so you have to carry three or four of every possible coin or pay a higher amount.
  • siakot_sliker
    Options
    I received an enforcement notice from APCOA parking company at London Luton Airport. Allegedly i was in breach of the terms and conditions of the airport road, while i am certain that fallowed all the signs.What is the best way to deal with this notice.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I received an enforcement notice from APCOA parking company at London Luton Airport. Allegedly i was in breach of the terms and conditions of the airport road, while i am certain that fallowed all the signs.What is the best way to deal with this notice.

What you must do is start your own thread. Otherwise your query will just get lost in this general discussion thread.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    You seem to be struggling with this.

Try putting this into google:

Parking+fine+ticket+luton site: forums.moneysavingexpert.com
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Ignore the troll...
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport