A Budgeteers Quest to be Debt Free & Mortgage Free By 40

Options

Comments

• DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Only a quick-ish post from me today. I have had a rotten day, one of those days where you think well if I had money in the bank and no debts I could perhaps just accept things that happen and view them as small inconveniences and continue on my cheery way but instead I have been feeling all emotional :sad:

Worked a bit more on the under the stairs, de-clutter is all go - felt I needed to have some sort of sense of achievement from today, however small.

Hope everyone else has enjoyed a good day
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope today is better than yesterday, those days are annoying aren't they.

Well done on the decluttering!

Are you playing bingoport? Who are you on there (if you don't mind saying, but don't worry if not), I am Jwil on there too. I could pick you if I win one of the chat games and you are playing at the same time!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have not had access to the internet this last few days so have not been able to get on here. I got on yesterday and had just caught up with everything and was about to post when OH arrived home earlier than expected so then it was time to sort the tea out - it had been a long day. :undecided

Hi Jwil - yes I am on bingoport, I will PM you my username on there. Also thank you for your kind words after I had a rotten day.

I have decided I definitely need to get a new job. I have known this for a while but there really is so little out there for me to apply for. This is going on my next 50 day challenge. The extra prompt was the fact that not only am I commuting for 3hours for minimum wage but that my train was cancelled coming home the other night so I was sat in the freezing cold for over an hour waiting for the next train - which was late - and got home some time after 11pm :( I was very tired and very behind with everything I needed to do.

As part of the long day yesterday though I will post a little motivational Ta-Da list to show all I got done :D

Nice Breakfast and drive with OH
    ALL pots washed *mutters about broken dishwasher*
    2 lots of washing done dried and moved
    Made tea
    Completed The Great Under-the-Stairs sort out :j
    Re-organised my drawer under the bed
    Helped OH sort his box of things - I now have several items to e-bay ;)
    Read a little of my motivational book
    Did some more business research :A

The only thing with this sorting out malarky is that OH is getting quite grumpy about the stuff that has left a room and is sat awaiting the next room being sorted out before it can be re-housed if that makes sense? Basically if I am organising the spare room, once I have completed a drawer or whatever if there is stuff in there that needs to be in the bedroom but the place it needs to be in the bedroom has not been de-cluttered then it doesn't get put there until that has been done too. Does mean I am achieving alot more though and that the system is working. :T

Am now off to take pictures of the e-bay things and will list these this evening so they can then go in the e-bay box!

Have a good day everyone x
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2012 at 7:57PM
    Options
    Phew! Just washed pots. Also photo'd 12 items for e-bay - forgot to do 2 things but should check on postage costs first. From under the stairs I also got 2 things for a car boot as they aren't really worth e-baying - just reminds me I am sure there are some things in the loft - need OH to go up there and check what there is - to do that though I need to purchase some loft ladders :o I have also tidied away into the correct place 6 items.

So tonight I MUST package 1 parcel sold yesterday - sadly there weren't more sales :( - and MUST list these 12 too.

I MUST complete and return my OU form - probably complete tonight and pop in the post tomorrow.

MUST do the washing up.

MUST start business plan :eek:

MUST do 15mins to catch up on my book
    Have already done scratches and bingoport. Need to put CD's onto comp too.

Okay I will challenge myself to take 10 items out of wardrobe for e-bay. I need both the space and the money. So any advice on how to declutter my wardrobe any further would be a huge help :D Due to my illness I have gained weight but am determined to get back to my usual size so can't do the usual 'get rid of it if it doesn't fit'. Also the clothes I have aren't fashion items really so they won't date and have been well cared for.

Right off to work Bleurgh! Hope its a good day for me and everyone else though - the start of yet another 6day week for me - roll on Saturday is all I can say :rotfl:
  • jwil
    Options
    Phew! Just washed pots. Also photo'd 12 items for e-bay - forgot to do 2 things but should check on postage costs first. From under the stairs I also got 2 things for a car boot as they aren't really worth e-baying - just reminds me I am sure there are some things in the loft - need OH to go up there and check what there is - to do that though I need to purchase some loft ladders :o I have also tidied away into the correct place 6 items - 3 of which were OH's - I do feel i'd get everything done quicker if I wasn't forever tidying up after OH too. :o

So tonight I MUST package 1 parcel sold yesterday - sadly there weren't more sales :( - and MUST list these 12 too.

I MUST complete and return my OU form - probably complete tonight and pop in the post tomorrow.

MUST do the washing up.

MUST start business plan :eek:

MUST do 15mins to catch up on my book
    Have already done scratches and bingoport. Need to put CD's onto comp too.

Okay I will challenge myself to take 10 items out of wardrobe for e-bay. I need both the space and the money. So any advice on how to declutter my wardrobe any further would be a huge help :D Due to my illness I have gained weight but am determined to get back to my usual size so can't do the usual 'get rid of it if it doesn't fit'. Also the clothes I have aren't fashion items really so they won't date and have been well cared for.

Right off to work Bleurgh! Hope its a good day for me and everyone else though - the start of yet another 6day week for me - roll on Saturday is all I can say :rotfl:

You've been really busy! :T

I'm probably the last person to give advice on decluttering your wardrobe - I did mine a few weeks ago as I only ever wear a few bits out of it, thought I'd get rid of loads, but wound up putting most of it back :o I think I'll need to keep going back to it and getting rid of a few bits at a time.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just a quick note to say hi. Keep on going - you're doing really well..you've got loads of themes going on, everything from doing 2 jobs which is obviously *nackering but also decluttering and all the rest. Am sure you'll get there with your drive and stamina

Am now off to find out more about the 50 day challenge..sounds interesting..
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Hi All, MEGA POST ALERT

jwil - I think I'll have to keep decluttering my wardrobe too - not going to get to start tonight sadly as it is decidedly chilly and I have just managed to have a very heavy box fall directly onto my ankle Ouch! I kind of silently screamed :eek: Is very very sore, sure it will be fine but keeping all weight off it as much as possible.

Did get e-bay stuff listed - all 12 - but it seemed to take ages to upload so took much longer than usual. Glad it is done, must remember to check postage for 2 other things tomorrow at post office. :cool: My scales broke ages ago and have never been able to replace them.

Hi brizzled - thanks for stopping by and for your positive words of encouragement :D 2 jobs are sadly a necessity - would really like to have more stuff to sell to raise money but de-cluttering is mostly paperwork and putting things where they should be :o

Today has been a bad spendy day for me - had to pay for my meal for Xmas night out with work £35 - I know it's good value for where we're going but I'd rather not spend soo much money. Well, it's paid for now :( Then I went to spend a voucher I got for free and ended up picking up several items :eek: if that wasn't bad enough none of the things I got were exciting :rotfl: All just stuff I've needed to buy for ages - 3 were for business so will file the receipt away :cool: and the other item was with my voucher but still it was money I really don't have to spend and did - partly because I got everything for 40% of the original price and I have been looking for these items for ages but never got them as they were always too expensive at full price. So I at least know I got a good deal. Then I discovered I'd forgotten my lunch :mad: so spent 63p on this but was 63p I didn't need to spend.

Yikes! I really need to do what OH does now and just say 'I am not spending any money for a bit' and do just that. Doesn't help that I am meeting up with lots of friends I have not seen for months and even over a year - 2 separate lots of friends on 2 different nights. But I will be very MSE - for 1 night I won't drink and the other night I will take only the cash I can spend and look for vouchers for food.
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Yeesh! I am so very tired - may be from doing lots, not sleeping well and worrying about money :o but may be my illness - will need to just keep an eye on this.

So, from my to do list - I listed my items on e-bay and found out postage costs for 2 further things to list at the weekend :j

I did not start my Business Plan or type any more of my book :( Definitely by Monday this will be done. Will also start the great wardrobe declutter :cool:

So spendy, spendy, spendy news... kinda... I have re-paid all that I owed to OH and Bank Of Mum but this has left me hugely short for this month. Car trouble the other month has really scuppered my finances and am so trying to earn extra money but have so little to e-bay now. Good news is that i went to treat myself to some hot luch today - feeling a little sorry for myself but when I got to the shop I thought about how i hadn't enjoyed the food last time and how it felt like a waste of money that time and would probably feel the same again. i also thought about 'confessing' on here to the needless frittering away of this money so left the shop without purchasing anything :j
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi there..sorry to hear you've had such a tiring day. I was up at 4.30am for work travel and now find myself still online at midnight so know how you feel! Hope you feel better tomorrow. Really really proud of you for stopping the 'frittering'.. And thinking about how spending would have made you feel afterwards. Thats really great. Well done! I think one of the biggest changes for me over the last 2ish years since my LBM was greater awareness of what I spend and ensuring I consciously think about it. For example whenever I can I carry cash so that I physically have to hand it over. It works for me and it feels more real than punching in a PIN!

Cheers
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jwil
    Options
    Well done on paying your OH and Mum back, and also on the non frittering!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport