A Budgeteers Quest to be Debt Free & Mortgage Free By 40

Options

Comments

• DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Good News! The postie has just been and I have received my refund from the Post Office after they managed to overcharge me last week! Ok so it is postage stamps that I have received but they have sent enough to cover the cost of the overcharged amount and these will be useful too. One thing I don't need to keep track of.

Ok, here goes off to ring the subs people ...
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Go Me! I rang the subs people and at first she said the cancellation was fine, then she said I could write a letter. Several minutes later I established I need to write a letter (it wasn't optional as implied) and have now typed letter up and e-mailed to a friend to print off as I have no ink left and no money to buy any Eek! But I do have the stamps ;)
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi dedicated DFW, just had a read through of your diary, you've been doing really well!

There's a lot of knitting patterns on this site, not sure how good they are though! http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php

Good luck with the debtbusting!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Hi jwil, Many thanks for the webite linky - will hopefully get to have a look Thursday as am busy, busy, busy right now.

Am also a tired thing too *grabs phone and rings docs for prescription* probably goes some way to explaining why I'm so tired :o However considering each time I go I see a different doctor and the last doctor suggested I go back on that day for tests and so I do and then this doctor says they don't think I need the tests today maybe next week?! Like I have all the time in the world to keep going back :mad: I mean, I obviously want to get better but the constant re-scheduling of tests which I've actually turned up for and am sat waiting gto happend is just a complete waste of my time and definitely doesn't help with my energy levels :rotfl:

Eek! Bit of a rant there. Need to turn this day around really. Got up a tad later than I wanted to and should be merrily earning pennies doing a MS except its been cancelled so an early start and money not earned :(

Money News of the day I have 2 MS's lined up for today - though may complete only 1 if work faff around with my lunch hour like they have been doing of late.

Yesterday was an NSD - only purchased necessary food shopping which was all happily reduced price stuff, travel expenses and money spent on MS

I have also nabbed myself 3 new MS's go me!

Ok, progress is being made on the paperwork mountain of doom. Am now off to do a bit more on this. I will also be posting the cancellation letter today that I drafted yesterday and my friend is printing for me. If there's time before work I'll cancel the DD too.

Have a good Wednesday all - a 6 day working week for me this week so I don't have that happy Wednesday feeling, though should feel I'm on the home straight tomorrow
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Eurgh! Headache forming. Really should eat something before this time of day but when its an early start the 5 minutes extra in bed win out over breakfast and once I've started work I want to keep going then I can get back asap.

OH is due home early tonight which kinda scuppers the plans I'd made to do lots of 50day challenge stuff.

I know I have yet to work out proper budget to try and stop the frantic monthly money shuffle but I get paid on Friday and as this is my first wage since being taken on permanently I just want to check the figure then I am working with accurate information. I already know whats coming out to the penny.

Ok off to shower - hope its a good day for everyone.
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Well, am all showered!

Started the deep clean and de-clutter of the spare room so all good there.

Money New of the Day - found 2p early this morning :D Got given some magazines to peruse and already seen 2 ideas of things I can adapt for business ;) Completed 1 MS and postponed the other until I'm in that area to save on petrol costs :cool: Today has been an NSD

:mad: Yesterday was not a NSD - did have my lunch moved by work grr! so no MS which would have taken care of my food wasted £1.78 on rubbish food which I did not even finish as it wasn't all that nice.

Been keeping up with my free bingo which I do enjoy and as I have now seen a treat for myself - after the practical purchases the other day I need to get some more vouchers soon! As this is all completely free stuff to me but is in vouchers not cash I am only now starting to appreciate it and how much it has helped - no way I could afford to actually buy anything at the mo.
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Money News of the Day Successfully completed 2 surveys without being screened out.
    Listed 20 items on e-bay - is not all the things I have to list but do other items will all be 99p start prices.
    Enjoyed nice meal out courtesy of vouchers.
    Had a very frugal 30p tea - soup not very Sunday tea-ish but I cannot be bothered doing much just for me today.

Have made some more progress with my 50 day challenge list so all good there. Am currently enjoying a nice glass of chilled white wine - so rare we have anything like this in the house :beer:

Did try and look for oilcloth tablecloth but could not find any on e-bay or amazon :( Really hoping it is something I can pick up at an affordable price and do want one that will fit right in and make table look a little cottage-y :D

At the end of my 6 day week I'm fairly tired still have some paperwork to sort out so might try and put some more away now.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Morning all, well it is absolutely pouring down here today and the wind has been howling for most of the night and morning. Really hope I can get a lift to the station as I will be drenched otherwise - I don't think my brolly is any match for the strong winds outside.

Well, progress has definitely been made!!:j:j:j

The Paperwork Mountain has been scaled and is now looking more like a small hillock. Yeah! The spare bedroom has been started as has the room under the stairs and I have even done extra niggly jobs as well - yesterday saw me re-organise 2 kitchen cupboards - was a case of lifting everything out in order to swap things round to be more functional - and it worked :T

I listed 20 items on e-bay yesterday, really hoping for some bids to get the cash in. I did miss listing 2 expensive (should get £20 each) items and have already promptly kicked myself for this.

Well it is the start of another hectic working week as I will be working at both full time and part time job but I have got Friday off from both jobs :D So roll on Friday!

Hope its as good a Monday as it can be for everyone - I am now off to try and sort some more of my 50 day challenge list - I have found this is brilliant for focusing the mind and making sure I actually get things done. Some of the stuff I have been putting off has been quite quick to do but I do know some of the stuff will take alot longer to tackle but it is good to have crossed things off and I have even started a new list of things I am coming across that need doing and instead of just trying to complete that as well as I would have done in the past and thus not reached my target or had any sense of progress I am making a note of them and they will go into my next 50 day challenge. :A
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lists are good :D Ticking things off them is even better!

Sounds like you've had a very productive weekend! Well done on tackling the paperwork mountain - that is something that needs to be done in my house - I have about 4 drawers which I stuff paperwork into to be sorted, and now I can't get into any of them as they are overflowing. I even bought some filing boxes a couple of months ago to sort it all into but haven't done it yet. :o

Hope you have a good week, I don't envy you with two jobs, I used to have two and it is so tiring!

Here's to Friday :beer:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Hi jwil,

Many thanks for your supportive words. Am off to bed in a mo. but I felt a bit of an update was in order. I would prefer just to have 1 job definitely but as my f/t job doesn't come close to covering my essential outgoings I'll just have to soldier on at the mo. Soo looking forward to a break though - I love Xmas as well but I think i'm really looking forward to it now just so I can have a lie-in and not be rushing off to 1 job or another lol:rotfl:

2 shelves completely organised under the stairs. Only have 2 folders to sort out but these are such massive jobs that they will have to go on my next 50 days list. I have sorted all other folders and box files. I know what you mean, I really struggled to tackle the paperwork as there was just so much of it and alot of it needed more than just filing and I never had the time as always working or running around after others.

I have also organised a storage box for my OU course :D

Money News of the Day an NSD for me as took packed lunch so all good there. Tomorrow I have to pay for gym class (gulp!) so will see how it goes, I may decide that just running is for me until i have any money at all to spend on myself. Done my bingo for vouchers, I do enjoy playing so this is great as it doesn't cost me anything. ;)

Night all x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts