'The bank ID farce: online accounts don't accept online statements' blog discussion

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Sir_Alan
    Sir_Alan Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AFCBdave wrote: »
    ... When delving further, it appears that they had a work phone number from a company I left 8 years ago, along with coresponding email address...
    Had you ever actually provided them with more recent information? Because if you had not, the data would not have been changed; banks do not yet have the facility to maintain their records telepathically.
  • pete_v
    pete_v Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    PhylPho wrote: »
    2) We did receive a letter from Santander itself shortly after which was correctly addressed but far from sorting out the ISA situation, instead contained our replacement debit card for use at cash machines everywhere BUT;

3) We don't have any Santander accounts of any kind: not bank or building society or any other kind, so don't have a debit card that needs replacing

I got one of those too. I did have an Abbey National savings account many, many years ago, but it's long since closed, long before Santander got involved. Yet earlier this year out of the blue they sent me a debit card, claiming to be a replacement.

Muppets.

Pete
  • CLIVE_WALDER
    Options
    You're right Martin it's crazy. Criminals and money launderers would have ID sorted. It's innocent people that get penalised for this and some of the people who they want to certify it are some of the most dishonest professions around
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure