Forum Home » Marriage, Relationships & Families

MSE Parents Club Part 15 - Page 750

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

MSE Parents Club Part 15

10.3K replies 356K views

Replies

• GISI it needed doing before I zoom off to work unfortunately :(
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • BeclesBecles Forumite
    13.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And had a very odd dream where it was raining lots outside, and there was a chicken in my living room and I accidentally went to work with no shoes on. Dreams are weird :cool:

I had a dream that my SIL went to prison but I don't know what she did. She's very quiet and not the sort of person who would end up in prison, so I don't know what that was all about.

I've hung washing out at 6.30 am before. I just pop out in my jarmies and hang it out :o

Busy day today so will be out most of the day. Got loads of work to do including a call that is miles away. Getting that done today as the weather forecast said it might snow by Thursday.

Have a good day all xx
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Ah see I don't have an out to hang the washing in. I just pop it on the airer by the window. We do have a balcony, but I only put washing there when I am home, so I can bring it in if it gets windy.
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • aless02aless02 Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Morning!

Why is it some mornings, even though you've gotten up at exactly the same time and done exactly the same things, are so completely rushed and late-feeling? :p Today was one of those!

GISI, hope Henry's jabs go okay.

Ladybird, you're far too productive in the mornings. Also, brave - I'm too chicken to hang washing out when I'm not home as if I do, it always rains :p.

Any sling experts have tips for getting a mischievous baby boy to keep his hat on while on your back? Cheeky monkey likes to take it off and then has to go the whole walk with a bare head :o. I need to find one with a strap or something...and mittens...
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
    5.1K posts
    Oooo, and I expect to see loads of pictures from the Edinburgh Builder's Conference today! :D
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

• weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    aless02 wrote: »
    Any sling experts have tips for getting a mischievous baby boy to keep his hat on while on your back? Cheeky monkey likes to take it off and then has to go the whole walk with a bare head :o. I need to find one with a strap or something...and mittens...

spacer.gif5052341809496%7D&defaultimage=default_listing_GM

aless they have this kind in asda from £2.50-£5 so you could tie it under his chin?
    spacer.gif

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • r.mac_2r.mac_2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    morning everyone :wave:

I'm expecting everyone else to have left for the conference by now. I don't need to leave until the lst minute as I might be very close by ;)

Then the rest of the week is back to being pretty busy again - so much seems to happen before christmas! Need to get organised (and tidied).

Now - off to get ready.
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    wi3adora, sorry I didn't reply last night, the forum crashed just as I saw your message.

Thanks for asking, we are ok I think, tho I quite frequently feel at the moment that I am not coping with being a parent exactly as I want to be! (I have some solutions to try out though, so that feels good)

Sorry work is so draining at the moment. I hope you are able to get all the rest you need. xx

EA I hope your appointment goes ok, and that you get the clarity you need about why it's happening!

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • r.mac_2r.mac_2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    weezl - I know that feeling. My friend suggested that because I was worried about being a good parent and if I wsa trying hard at being a good parent then I probabaly was a good parent ;)

she also reminded me that we aren't superwomen (who knew huh?) and have to prioritise sometimes. And that occassionally we had to put ourselves on the priority list :D

It sounds like you are pretty sorted and have a strategy in place though - so just ignore me!
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
    5.1K posts
    weezl, we have 1 of those but it's so big, it slips over his eyes! May need to find a smaller one until his head grows. :p Ta...

Also, hugs that you're feeling a bit meh. Sorry I haven't been around for chats lately - give us the latest on F&K!

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support