Banks to challenge ppi mis-selling - all claims on hold

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Spud63
    Spud63 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Blakeney,

As you know I also have a claim against Norton which has been upheld by both an adjudicator and an ombudsman - I was just wondering in the light of your conversation with the FOS adjudicator about your own complaint whether yours had got to the 'legally binding' stage yet?

What I'm most annoyed about is that on many occasions since the decision on our complaint became legally binding, I asked the FOS how much time we should allow Norton to comply and for several months their response was that is was not unreasonable for them to require extra time - thus allowing them to effectively get away with not paying at all it seems!

Many thanks,

LL x

Oh my goodness don't come on the site for a few days and all this has happened, don't think I can cope with much more. I am still awaiting for an answer from the FOS on my complaint with Norton and I am supposed to be a priority case due to our hardship !! even if the FOS does go in our favour the chances of getting this sorted out seems to be hopeless, Norton have a lot to answer for and the cheeky blighters (put politely for forum purposes) still continue to contact us trying to sell us all sorts of rubbish !!!

If this all goes on much longer expect to see me chained to the gates of the High Court on the News at 10 !!!!

Clare.
  • liberty_lily
    Options
    Spud63 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness don't come on the site for a few days and all this has happened, don't think I can cope with much more. I am still awaiting for an answer from the FOS on my complaint with Norton and I am supposed to be a priority case due to our hardship !! even if the FOS does go in our favour the chances of getting this sorted out seems to be hopeless, Norton have a lot to answer for and the cheeky blighters (put politely for forum purposes) still continue to contact us trying to sell us all sorts of rubbish !!!

If this all goes on much longer expect to see me chained to the gates of the High Court on the News at 10 !!!!

Clare.

Hi Clare,

If Norton don't pay up you won't be alone outside the High Court :mad:

I've just spoken to my adjudicator at the FOS and she assured me that Norton have to continue processing complaints whilst the judicial review is ongoing - that said, I'm afraid I wouldn't trust Norton as far as I could throw them!

As my complaint is subject to a final decision from an ombudsman she said Norton cannot do anything but pay up and that if it had to go to court they would be forced to pay. She doesn't think it will come to that, but we'll see............

I'm so angry for everyone that this has happened now - and whilst on the face of it companies are supposed to be carrying on as normal, I fear that as far as Norton are concerned, that merely means more delaying tactics will be employed :mad:

Still keeping everything crossed for everyone though,

LL x
  • CCM1
    Options
    I've just had confirmation from Black House that all new claims are on hold.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    CCM1 wrote: »

Hi

May I ask who confirmed this to you?
    Thanks.

Apparently according to both the FSA and the FOS today, they are not currently on hold yet, and they have not received a waiver to do so at this time.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Clare,

If Norton don't pay up you won't be alone outside the High Court :mad:

I've just spoken to my adjudicator at the FOS and she assured me that Norton have to continue processing complaints whilst the judicial review is ongoing - that said, I'm afraid I wouldn't trust Norton as far as I could throw them!

As my complaint is subject to a final decision from an ombudsman she said Norton cannot do anything but pay up and that if it had to go to court they would be forced to pay. She doesn't think it will come to that, but we'll see............

I'm so angry for everyone that this has happened now - and whilst on the face of it companies are supposed to be carrying on as normal, I fear that as far as Norton are concerned, that merely means more delaying tactics will be employed :mad:

Still keeping everything crossed for everyone though,

LL x
    If you look at the complaints data for Norton Insurance Services Limited on FOS then 99% of the complaints received are insurance related and of the 99% received 99% are resolved in favour of the consumer. Doesn't that say something.
  • liberty_lily
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    If you look at the complaints data for Norton Insurance Services Limited on FOS then 99% of the complaints received are insurance related and of the 99% received 99% are resolved in favour of the consumer. Doesn't that say something.

It sure does Marshallka :(

Until recently I had believed LTSB were the worst for dealing with PPI claims (well, probably the Co-op too, based on the experience poor PF has had), but from my own experience and that of other posters here on MSE the way Norton has dealt with complaints has been absolutely appalling and certainly ranks somewhere near the top - or bottom, depending which way you view it.

The FOS seem to have very little experience or knowledge of other companies that have the audacity to ignore FOS final decisions :mad:
  • WombleSW20_2
    Options
    debt55 - your tone is very aggressive - let the guy offer an opionion. Drop the chip.

And before you ask, no - I don't work for a bank.
  • NIGELK_3
    NIGELK_3 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    CCM1 wrote: »
    Well I would just print out and fax/post over to Black Horse the FSA statement of last Friday..."In the interests of consumers, firms will be expected to continue handling complaints".
    I expect they want to put new complaints on hold to clear the backlog - but they shouldn't.
    Lets all send them the FSA statement, so they get the message!
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    NIGELK wrote: »
    Well I would just print out and fax/post over to Black Horse the FSA statement of last Friday..."In the interests of consumers, firms will be expected to continue handling complaints".
    I expect they want to put new complaints on hold to clear the backlog - but they shouldn't.
    Lets all send them the FSA statement, so they get the message!
    They should (as yet) be handling complaints as normal and you can ask for a SAR regarding any telephone calls maybe IF you are being told different. I would aks for their manager and get his name and state that you will be requesting a SAR shortly to most probably prove what you have been told. Might make them tell their staff the correct procedure and as yet the FSA and FOS are saying to carry on handling complaints and treating customers fairly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure