Options

Comments

• swigger
    swigger Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    debt55 wrote: »
    swigger, you say you called them today?

folks on other forums are suggesting the ppi dept is not open on a saturday

can you confirm which number you called?

maybe i should re=phrase it, i actually spoke to my friend (who lives with me and works for them) at work this morning to see if they were going to look at my complaint and she said "they told people to go home as they were not going to be looking at any new complaint"

i will however be calling them up in newport on monday morning
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting, please keep us informed, cheers.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    err, i marked it question mark? and then answered it...

have you read the new FSA proposals for Dec 1st?
    Yes i have read the document, this was on fpc website when it was first published.
    i asked you this on the other thread.. you never replied!
    I have not been back to the other thread.
    the new rules implore the banks to open EVERY single case of sold ppi and investigate it, regardless of the client ever making contact in person or via a claims comp.
    And so they should, it was through their greed for commission on the front loaded policies(70%) and other ppi sales that put them in this position in the first place.

that is what they are against,
    Yes. even a weirdo like me knows that.
    the current system is fine with them.
    Well it will be, because they can fob customers off with
    "goodwill gestures" and making customers (in the case of lloyds) wait for 3 years after the "ombudsmans upholding of a complaint" to get their money back.Why would they want to be made to do more than they want to? Banks have made enough profit, even this year to cover the costs of "looking " for old loans where ppi has been mis sold. My heart does not bleed for them when it is joe bloggs on the street that pays for the mistakes those in the industry have been allowed to get away with.
    Hope this is in line with what this thread is all about.
  • swigger
    swigger Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Interesting, please keep us informed, cheers.
    indeed i will, tis handy having someone working for a bank (and in the department concerned)
  • debt55
    debt55 Posts: 250 Forumite
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    err, i marked it question mark? and then answered it...

have you read the new FSA proposals for Dec 1st?
    Yes i have read the document, this was on fpc website when it was first published.
    i asked you this on the other thread.. you never replied!
    I have not been back to the other thread.
    the new rules implore the banks to open EVERY single case of sold ppi and investigate it, regardless of the client ever making contact in person or via a claims comp.
    And so they should, it was through their greed for commission on the front loaded policies(70%) and other ppi sales that put them in this position in the first place.

that is what they are against,
    Yes. even a weirdo like me knows that.
    the current system is fine with them.
    Well it will be, because they can fob customers off with
    "goodwill gestures" and making customers (in the case of lloyds) wait for 3 years after the "ombudsmans upholding of a complaint" to get their money back.Why would they want to be made to do more than they want to? Banks have made enough profit, even this year to cover the costs of "looking " for old loans where ppi has been mis sold. My heart does not bleed for them when it is joe bloggs on the street that pays for the mistakes those in the industry have been allowed to get away with.
    Hope this is in line with what this thread is all about.

even a weirdo would know and understand, maybe?, that some form of refund is better than nothing at all... which is where this is now headed.
  • amersall
    Options
    swigger wrote: »
    no worries, i do however see them backtracking once word gets out, they cannot do this according to the rules and regs (or at least thats how i read the rules and regs)
    I cant see this happening either i think they will back track:D. I have not got any claims in for ppi but i do feel for people who have, especially with lloyds, we have people on here who have waited years to get payout, but there are a few after 2-3 years who are still waiting.:eek:
  • amersall
    Options

even a weirdo would know and understand, maybe?, that some form of refund is better than nothing at all... which is where this is now headed.
    People deserve true redress, not what the banks think you will accept.
    So, And lets be clear on this, you think that when i won mi sell of ppi with fp and they sent me a letter saying that "as a goodwill gesture" they will refund me £750, i should have been gratefull for that?.
    My ppi was £23700 and i had paid over £7000 in ppi for 4 years
    (that was the full redress i got when i told them to shove their goodwill gesture and went to fos ). People dont want to be fobbed off and i am glad fos are taking the stance they have on this, and i for one am glad
    "any refund is better than nothing at all". Get a grip:mad:
  • notveryhappi.
    Options
    have a day off, i see you only joined today?

hahhaa

the banks are regulated and licensed by the FSA, if the FSA say continue handling complaints... and they disobey.... they can revoke their regualtion.

you are the weakest link... goodbye :T

not the weakest link after all :p
  • debt55
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    People deserve true redress, not what the banks think you will accept.
    So, And lets be clear on this, you think that when i won mi sell of ppi with fp and they sent me a letter saying that "as a goodwill gesture" they will refund me £750, i should have been gratefull for that?.
    My ppi was £23700 and i had paid over £7000 in ppi for 4 years
    (that was the full redress i got when i told them to shove their goodwill gesture and went to fos ). People dont want to be fobbed off and i am glad fos are taking the stance they have on this, and i for one am glad
    "any refund is better than nothing at all". Get a grip:mad:

no you clown, i did not say that is acceptable, are you pretending or do you really not get it? :eek:

as it stands, it seems they are now going to shirk it like they did with bank charges... so... nobody gets a penny?

which is better? nothing or something?
  • debt55
    Options
    not the weakest link after all :p

well we shall see won't be, it's all rumour at the moment, but what is 100% clear is the message from the FSA and the FOS

all claims should continue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport