PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Are we getting short changed.....

Options

Comments

• Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I noticed this a while ago with Washing powder. My thread even got a mention in Martin's email:T
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • Monita_2
    Options
    When shopping I noticed Auntie Bessies roast parsnip bag seemed half full and measured it against the 750g bag at home, same size bag but weight on the bag changed to 500g I call that cheating.
  • broomstick27
    Options
    Tesco value chocolate now contains 175g instead of 200g. :mad: and the price seems about the same. I use it for cooking usually at 100g a time so this is a real pain.
    Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    :rotfl:
    Phatmouse wrote:
    Thats the trouble though my nan used to shop at the grainger market in Newcastle for her meat and veg, now though markets are for rich people!I can't afford to shop there, I can get 2 chickens for a fiver at asda or 1 for £4 from a butcher, but its catch 22 as markets are now expensive due to loosing so much business and we are accepting more and more (or less and less) rubbish from supermarkets.:mad:

My local market is well cheaper than Asda - 5lbs of spuds for £1 for a start. The meat is cheaper and the organic FR eggs are cheaper too - not that there sold as organi Free range but the ones I buy and sold to the stallholder by the couple on the other side of the park who keep chickens - I've seen the delivery!! Now you can't getmuch more free range than tootalling along the road and saying "oh look dear, one of their chickens has got out again....":rotfl:
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    Oh and I forgot. MrRage works at a supermarket who has a green logo :think: and we buy loads of their cheapo range as it's better for you - the garlic bread for instance has less fat than their healthy range!! go figure.....
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The price increases on value products are always a larger proportion of the cost than the increase in 'standard' products. A 6p price hike on something which was 35p is a big increase percentage wise. Sneaky B*****S :rolleyes:
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • shetitasatic
    Options
    Do you remember how BIG Wagon Wheels used to be?? - they really were wheel sized when I was young - now they are so small!!
    Re washing powder, I use the OS mix of soda crystals/value powder/ posh powder BUT if you use Persil or Ariel, check how much it says to use on the box - I can't remember which one it is, but one needs a lot more for a wash than the other, but you get the same amount in the box!!
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    Options
    In Mr T's on Friday, I really took notice of weights and prices especially for fruit and veg. It's amazing that I've been buying those 3 pack onions for soooo long but picking the loose ones saves a fortune! Ok, so I need to chop 2 instead of one but worth he saving.

I chucked even the pre packed stuff on the scales to weigh as most of the pre packed things didn't have the weight on them. (Cunning ploy from the manufacturers as I guess most people wouldn't be bothered to weigh things) OH weighed a few bits so we got the best value - got a few funny looks but I don't care, it's my money and next week at least I'll know to pick up loose onions etc etc.

Must check the washing powder recommendation for each load as I'm using half of my scoop thing per load, but this could still be too much so I'll check it out later.
    Love MSE, Las Vegas and chocolate!
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With washing powder I always use at least 1/2 the recomended dose and my washing is alway clean. i.e. 1 persil tablet instead of 2. If something is badly soiled I pretreat and then wash as normal. I also add a small scoop of soda crystals to washing and water down my concentrate fabric softener which works just as well.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    In Mr T's on Friday, I really took notice of weights and prices especially for fruit and veg. It's amazing that I've been buying those 3 pack onions for soooo long but picking the loose ones saves a fortune! Ok, so I need to chop 2 instead of one but worth he saving.

I chucked even the pre packed stuff on the scales to weigh as most of the pre packed things didn't have the weight on them. (Cunning ploy from the manufacturers as I guess most people wouldn't be bothered to weigh things) OH weighed a few bits so we got the best value - got a few funny looks but I don't care, it's my money and next week at least I'll know to pick up loose onions etc etc.

Must check the washing powder recommendation for each load as I'm using half of my scoop thing per load, but this could still be too much so I'll check it out later.

There is a bloke at our local market selling some beautiful onions grown in his allotment. Last time I went it was quite late in the afternoon and he only had a dozen or so left. Because we use so many onions I decided to take the lot off him. How much? 56p! I felt like I was robbing the bloke! And they are the best onions I've ever bought!
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure