A quick thank you (Ryanair)

Options

Comments

• phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    peterbaker wrote: »
    Pity, I have done so on almost every Ryanair flight for years. I wanted to compare notes.

Anyone else a wingman?? :A

9 times out of 10 i manage to get an emergency exit/wing seat despite never paying for priority boarding and not bothering with the rush to get on the plane. I think these seats get left because the steward's tend to stand their to direct people to their seats and therefore people tend to assume you cant ask them to get out of your way so you can sit on one of them.
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    phatbear wrote: »
    9 times out of 10 i manage to get an emergency exit/wing seat despite never paying for priority boarding and not bothering with the rush to get on the plane. I think these seats get left because the steward's tend to stand their to direct people to their seats and therefore people tend to assume you cant ask them to get out of your way so you can sit on one of them.

I don't know about in Europe but on many Asian airlines someone HAS to sit in the over-wing emergency exit seats so if they've not been booked (sometimes at extra cost for the leg-room) a quick smile to the flight attendant often gets me one for free - otherwise I don't mind begging for them.
  • peterbaker
    peterbaker Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    Options
    OK wingmen :A ... I have this theory that says the condition of the surfaces you can see out of the window may be an interesting reflection of the health of Ryanair as a going concern.

So, is it still pretty good in your views? :D
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2010 at 1:39PM
    Options
    OK wingmen :A ... I have this theory that says the condition of the surfaces you can see out of the window may be an interesting reflection of the health of Ryanair as a going concern.

To add weight to your theory I remember MANY years ago on an oil industry flight to the Shetlands with Dan Air looking out at the wing seeing holes seemingly covered with gaffer tape.
    As I said though, I sit at the sharp end on St Michael's flights so can't speak for their wings but given how new most of the planes are I reckon it must be a pretty good view.
  • Nobjocki
    Nobjocki Posts: 947 Forumite
    Options

Yup - Ryanair has a modern fleet with a 100% safety record.
  • peterbaker
    peterbaker Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    Options
    You were not wrong Bob, its a special type of tape I believe but I recall seeing tape like that on both Fokker 50s and Fokker 100s, but I don't think they don't have supersonic wing surfaces. Not seen it on 737-800 ... yet :eek:

Ehm Nobjocki, where'd you get that 100% from?
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    At least I don't have an early start in the morning, with Ryanair flying to Dublin from the airport just 12 miles away it's so handy.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    that'll give you chance to get down to Starbeck and have a catch-up!
  • Bob_the_Saver
    edited 8 October 2010 at 11:24PM
    Options
    melb wrote: »
    that'll give you chance to get down to Starbeck and have a catch-up!

I'd have liked to have stayed longer in many of my old watering holes
    but it was nearly my round. Anyway I have to get back, things to do
    and I've FREE return flights to Inverness coming up with squeezyjet (using points from one of Mrs Bob the Saver's cards - thanks to MSE again).

I haven't used squeezyjet that much as my previous flights were always late and every time I looked at the flight attendants in their 'uniforms' I kept thinking of Sainsburys - have they improved?
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    They do support British airports though so im not sure what you are trying to say. And they have every right to paint BRITISH on the side of their planes given that they were called British airways before they were privatised.

If I was a foreigner coming into Stansted or Luton i would be aggrieved to find I wasn't in London - Heathrow is still classed as London.

Gatwick: Your London Airport LGW? What do you think that means?

So you would feel aggrieved at coming into Stansted if you were a foreigner? Foreigners only want Heathrow or City Airport?

Distance from Central London:

London City 10 miles
    Heathrow 15 miles
    Gatwick 24 miles
    Luton 32 miles
    Stansted 40 miles

It takes me much the same amount of time to get to Heathrow as it does to get to Stansted and I live in Central London.

The worst for me would be Luton as it has the poorest transport links to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport