PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Willow92
    Willow92 Posts: 2,186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Off! Been pretty warm but really dull today.
    Savings £8,865.22 £/15,000 Aiming to save enough for a house deposit.
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's all a bit mixed, so can't say I've had the heating on...ON. Just on now and again for an hour when it's been chilly in this dastardly summer we are having. Going from 13 to 22 in the same week, it's just nuts!
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, noone kick me after all my moping about it being too cold but.....its too hot today....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:some people are never happy!

Odd weather here today, cold and miserable in the morning, sunny all afternoon and now pouring with rain.

Still have the heating off but I am now feeling the chill even in my snuggly clothes, I think I may have to add another layer.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:some people are never happy!

Odd weather here today, cold and miserable in the morning, sunny all afternoon and now pouring with rain.

Still have the heating off but I am now feeling the chill even in my snuggly clothes, I think I may have to add another layer.

I find that sometimes that doesn't help me because I can't move about so well (michelin man!) and get cold from the inactivity. I do find having long tops that cover me bum toasty tho'
  • jfh7gwa
    jfh7gwa Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    Our heating is not permitted to be turned on in August no matter how cold it gets. I just can't afford it.

Our heating generally gets put on in December, and not a day before. The only exception to this has been the last 2 winters where it's been minus 0 in November (when we had all that bad snow).

It's been a miserable summer though, I'll agree. But nowhere near bad enough to think about spending extra £££s on heating. Yet.
  • jammy_dodger
    Options
    live in N.E scotland its quite cool tonight
    sitting with blanket over knees and hood up ..want to delay putting on heating as long as i can oil so expensive as is other fuels i guess

ben "ggoogling" slankets and wondering if they are worth it
  • jfh7gwa
    jfh7gwa Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    jammy dodger, may i suggest not only grabbing a blanket, but also a cat and a hot water bottle?

that's my tactic for October - November. You get a nice mug of tea, give the cat a biscuit treat as a bribe to sit on your lap, put the blanket on, and the hot water bottle on your feet. Toasty as a summer's day - sorted!
  • jammy_dodger
    Options
    jfh7gwa wrote: »
    jammy dodger, may i suggest not only grabbing a blanket, but also a cat and a hot water bottle?

that's my tactic for October - November. You get a nice mug of tea, give the cat a biscuit treat as a bribe to sit on your lap, put the blanket on, and the hot water bottle on your feet. Toasty as a summer's day - sorted!

my cat is a 13 week old kitten very cute but very playful i could stretch to sharing a twinks hob nob though :D

like the sound of hot water bottle ...off to rake in cupboards :)
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    Options
    Cats make for great living blankets!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • mrsr
    mrsr Posts: 476 Forumite
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    Cats make for great living blankets!

So do dogs ,my little poodles keep me lovely and warm;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback